‘X Factor’ Results: Two Acts Are Eliminated & Taylor Swift Performs

Thu, November 15, 2012 10:10pm EDT by 19 Comments
X Factor Jennel Garcia Lyric 145 Eliminated
Courtesy of FOX

Even thought the Nov. 15 ‘X Factor’ results show was somewhat predictable, Taylor Swift hit the stage and made up for the lackluster Top 10 reveal.

Mario Lopez started off the show by kicking Lyric145 to the curb, to the surprise of… well, no one. Co-host Khloe Kardashian did her job and acted like she was upset for them, but we know better. Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez sadly passed away a long time ago and we sure as hell don’t need her replaced. (Sorry!)

Taylor Swift took the stage with “State of Grace” off her new album Red, and looked adorable as usual. I heard rumors she and One Direction hottie Harry Styles were flirting up a storm backstage. (I would have liked to see that instead.)

Nevertheless, the two acts who sang for survival were Jennel Garcia and Paige Thomas. Jennel sang “The Reason” because for some reason (hah, get it?) people still think it’s OK to sing Hoobastank. Meanwhile, Paige took on “Paradise” by Coldplay, which again just reminded me of Rihanna. Both performances were sleepy, to be honest, and I didn’t care who left.

In the end, L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Simon Cowell all sent Jennel packing. The best moment was when Simon pulled the “boss” card and refused to announce his choice before Demi Lovato. He literally sat there for a good, awkward minute on live television as Mario urged him to say something. Now I think my sneaking suspicion that he’s behind this whole ranking reveal is warranted.

So here’s how everyone ranked this week (from best to worst):

Tate Stevens
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Vino Alan
Emblem3
CeCe Frey
Fifth Harmony
Diamond White
Beatrice Miller
Arin Ray
Paige Thomas

I still don’t know how Vino is always so high up there, but I will give him credit for a much less creepier performance last night. Still, Emblem3 should have been higher, and PLEASE — Carly should be first, hands down. What’s up with that?

What do you think of the results, HollywoodLifers? Did you vote? Did Jennel and Lyric145 deserve to be sent home? Drop me a comment and let me know!

— Sharon Tharp

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More X Factor on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Taylor Swift Performs ‘State Of Grace’ On ‘The X Factor’
  2. ‘X Factor’ Stars Arin Ray & Normani Hamilton Dating?
  3. Simon Cowell Shocked With ‘X Factor’ Group Emblem3’s Rankings

Steph Coleman

Posted at 7:55 PM on November 28, 2012

Lyric actually had to wear that eye patch for medical reasons, she’s actually blind in that eye after her cornea ruptured though the Doctors are hopeful she will recover her sight so I think your Lisa left eye comment was very low.
Rap acts never do that well on these types of shows so I wasn’t surprised to see Lyric145 go early. I believe Cece will go soon too as her personality in the live shows put a lot of people off. Also she seems to be singing a lot worse during the live shows. I thought she was awesome during auditions when she sand Whitney but now she seems to just be screeching out of tune.
I think Demi is good as a judge, she has made some great points but Britney should definitely be replaced, she’s like a robot and offers nothing at all except the same 1 or 2 short lines after every performance.

:P

Posted at 12:55 AM on November 18, 2012

Cece has a huge fan base before the live shows, and they are all really supporting her. #savecece was trending at some point. So don’t think that it is rigged that because Jennel fans thought she was safe.

Tate is getting all the country fan votes.
Diamond fans thought she was okay.
Arin has some die hard fans.
Lyric didn’t have much fans to begin with and their performance wasn’t as great as the ones before.
Carly has to share votes with pretty much everyone else.
Pretty much is a battle of who has the most die hard fans.

The rankings make a lot more sense this way.

BM

Posted at 2:00 AM on November 17, 2012

The ignorance of the writer of this article is stunning. First of all, it’s Lisa Lopes, not Lopez! Secondly, you’d wear a patch over your eye if you had just had corneal surgery! Geez! Why don’t you research a little before you make comments about things you know nothing about!

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 7:14 PM on November 18, 2012

Thanks for pointing out the TYPO. As for the eye patch, it’s an obvious comparison. You can relax now.

L

Posted at 1:24 PM on November 16, 2012

Carly rose is super talentedbut has no personality or charisma.. She needs some pizzazz or something.. What a shame

Betty

Posted at 11:08 AM on November 16, 2012

Demi = terrible judge, no experience and no serious credentials. I do find Simon is correct in saying that Demi has changed her acts too much and they need to revert to their original looks/attitudes etc. This is what got them on the show in the first place. I too am not surpri
Paige = should have gone home. She is awful. Cannot believe she has hung on this far
Jennel = her being kicked off is unfortunate, I wish she would have had more time to grow and improve.
Tate = how is this guy managing to be #1?

The talent from last year was much better than this year. While I enjoy the shake-up of the judges, aside from a few acts, the talent is just not that impressive and I have found the show to be very boring so far.

On a side note, who gave Khloe Kardashian the hosting job?!?! She is terrible and actually makes the show difficult to watch.

Lola

Posted at 9:46 AM on November 16, 2012

Seriously Cece should have been gone a long time ago.. She should have hone home instead of jennel!!! Her personality is very unpleasant and her voice performance aren’t solid most of the times.. Really that’s such a shame..

Ally

Posted at 6:32 AM on November 16, 2012

I definetly think Carly should be first and not Tate, I don’t know how he’s always so high on the chart when his performances seem just average to be. Emblem 3 still needs to go up higher on the chart they are my absolute favorites!

missjanenc

Posted at 12:34 AM on November 16, 2012

Demi Lovato is an idiot and lacks the experience/knowledge it takes to do right by her contestants, instead setting them up for failure. First it was Willie Jones – his performance in the top 16 was an embarrasment, with the poor song choice, cheesy dancers and silly costumes. She has done the same with CeCe, who shockingly placed higher than I expected because she was awful. No surprise that two of Demi’s contestants were in the bottom two.

Saga (@jdcaligirl1)

Posted at 9:47 AM on November 16, 2012

Cudnt have said it better!

dumas1000

Posted at 11:56 PM on November 15, 2012

Did you guys see the horrified look on Demi’s face after Jennel’s performance? Jennel choked, okay. She went down in flames. Talk about tough to watch. That was brutal. I feel sorry for her, but when it came to the sing off, I would venture to guess that that was probably the worst performance of Jennel’s life. I think she is better then Paige, in general, but she was terrible tonight. A deer in the headlights. They had no choice but to eliminate her. She eliminated herself. She should’ve gotten more votes though.

Helen Hooper

Posted at 11:44 PM on November 15, 2012

I’m surprised Jennel got sent home. She wasn’t my favorite last night, but I thought she did well. One of my DISH co-workers loves her – she’s going to be devastated. My favorites are still around though. Go Diamond and Carly! I’m already looking forward to the next episode. I won’t be home to watch the episode live, but my DISH Hopper has me covered. I won’t even have to set any DVR timers because I have the awesome Prime Time Anytime feature turned on. Everything on all four major networks during the prime time hours gets recorded automatically. I’m planning to turn The X-Factor on as soon as I get home. I never miss an episode!

dumas1000

Posted at 11:27 PM on November 15, 2012

Paige and Lyric 145 were the worst two acts. I think Jennel stumbled on her final performance due to nerves and was eliminated for that, but the funny thing is that Paige has been no better then average in any of her performances. Jennel may have been more inconsistent, but she still had 2 or 3 performances that trump anything that Paige could ever hope to achieve on er best day. Paige cannot project her voice and is in desperate need of voice layering/auto tunes. She just can’t sing. CeCe is raw, but her potential far outweighs Paige. CeCe has probably never had serious vocal coaching. That’s all. Erin Ray and Beatrice Miller have been consistantly underperforming. Carly has a decent voice for a 13 year old, but that is it. Very overrated. Have you seen footage of Christina Aguilera or Whitney Houston when they were around that age? Carly doesnt exist in the same universe. There are no outstanding singers here. Vino Alan is the best, but nobody is great.

sarah

Posted at 10:50 PM on November 15, 2012

honestly the only 2 acts that i liked were emblem3 and jennel. carly is sooooo annoying. emblem3 needs to stop doing pop music though- ORIGINALS

Saga (@jdcaligirl1)

Posted at 9:53 AM on November 16, 2012

They probably aren’t allowed to do their original stuff.. I’ve heard their music before xfactor- -Frankly i’ll be glad when the show wraps so they can return to their original roots of music– Simon loves them but he’s past his prime- they never shud be singing songs like MY Girl and Katy Perry..

Renee

Posted at 10:40 PM on November 15, 2012

i am so mad!! they eliminated Jenel!!! and i agree Emblem3 shud be higher! i LUV them!!!

Joann/Pittsburgh pa

Posted at 10:29 PM on November 15, 2012

Vino baby you r 2 sexy…………..me and u would be Trouble………..trouble……….trouble……..

Kaitlin

Posted at 10:22 PM on November 15, 2012

Jennel leaving was the most thing since diamond leaving she was and iis way better then paige and has a way better stage presence this is definitely one of a few times Simon has got it completely wrong, probably won’t watch anymore

Kate Regier

Posted at 10:15 PM on November 15, 2012

I agree that Carly and Emblem 3 should be higher but Vino deserves to be at the top! He is great.