‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Damon Is Faced With A ‘Heartbreaking Decision’

Thu, November 15, 2012 10:42am EST by 84 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 8
Courtesy of The CW

sohini

Posted at 7:59 PM on November 19, 2012

ofcourse this heart breaking decision involves elena…my guess is this charlotte has info for the cure which probably she will share if damon takes her bk..hence damon has to choose betw the two…bt i hope this is nt true..delena should b together forever…

keisha (@iLuvDamon12345)

Posted at 5:57 PM on November 19, 2012

hey cut damon some slack he’s actually not the bad brother first off did you watch the lat 10 minutes of 04×06 hun? as you can see elena grabbed damon’s hand not the other way around and he tried to save the relationship between elena and stefan by telling her about the cure and thats all stefan was doing so it was elena’s choice to make so don’t blame damon and for god’s sake stefan broke up with her not the other way around and stefan only did that because as you can see stefan loves human elena not vampire elena and as to damon who loves both and hey who wouldn’t fall in love with the smexy beast damon salvatore

vampireexper

Posted at 11:49 AM on November 19, 2012

i think that elena and damon will do something more than dancing together……
so i think elena will tell this to caroline and bonnie.
i have no idea had is going to happen with damon’s heartbreaking decision but i’m sure that it doesn’t contained delena because at episode 9 he and elena will go to the lake house.so i think that he would decide to confess stefan something like he kissed elena or maybe something more.we’ll see

christy

Posted at 1:31 PM on November 18, 2012

this really sucks…why can’t the director see that we all want demon and elena together so no more heart breaking decions just let them be together and happy and who knows stefan might find a new love interest!!

kavatta

Posted at 11:43 AM on November 18, 2012

Why alwsys Damon have to face heartbreaking conditions????…….. Its a fact that Damon is the best choice for Elena…. !!!! katherene loves stefan and stefan loves katherine..(Stefan doest know the real katherine) As for Damon and Elena… They to connect perfectly with each other even though the dont show it! She loves Stefan no doubt about that but She loves Damon more from the first season itself!!!! DAMON DESERVES ELENA MORE THAN STEFAN>>>> DELENAAAAAAA FOREVER

@Stekena fans….. AS for the knowledge of you guys….Earlier the fan count was DELENA:STELENA 70:30 NoW its 75:25% …. It shows that stelena fanbase is leaking fans to DElena…..
SO PLZ DONT MESS with delena fans…. DELENE DELENA

RONBON

Posted at 5:02 PM on November 17, 2012

I think you are all correct _ the only heartbreaking decision damon could face would have to relate to stefan and or elena> either he will be forced to give her up for his brothers sake (or her sake) or having met up with his ex _ he will take the “high road” once again putting elenas needs before his (not sure why but maybe his ex will ask damon to pit her out of her misery because centuries as a vampire sucks)

vijaya

Posted at 11:38 AM on November 17, 2012

julie plec season 4- “this is not the end of damon and elena…infact in a way,it’s the beginning of the beginning….”

vampireexper

Posted at 7:01 AM on November 17, 2012

i don’t think that the desicion will effect delena because at episode nine they are on a road trip to the gilbert lake house.

magelina prouy

Posted at 4:10 AM on November 17, 2012

IMO stephan suspicion about elena is that she is sired to Damon…to be sure about That Damon, they will go back to new orleans when she met this girl that was sired to him after she turned…he won’t be able to stay with elena and have a relationship knowing that.

Suzie

Posted at 12:53 AM on November 19, 2012

It is my understanding Vampires do not get sired…if that was the case, Caroline would be sired to Katherine…So, that’s not it…IMO, Damon’s heartbreaking decision would have to be him letting Elena go not to hurt Stefan…argggg…this is so stupid! I hope I am wrong and if that is the case, we get to watch at least ONE episode totally Delena…we deserve it!!!

Kell

Posted at 7:58 AM on November 19, 2012

isn’t Caroline sired to Damon as well?

pbjmub

Posted at 9:50 PM on November 27, 2012

sired is for hybrids!1 thats tyler…… there nw … the old friend is not a hybrid! why would elana be sired to damon?

kate

Posted at 1:38 AM on November 30, 2012

well pbjmub its RARE but it happens!

Ship

Posted at 2:52 AM on November 17, 2012

I think that damon is gonna choose his brother over elena :-<

mvk

Posted at 2:35 AM on November 17, 2012

My take on this is that Elena will finally admit to Damon that she loves him and Damon knows he loves her but doesn’t want to hurt his brother. Blood is thicker than……….. This sucks. I have waited four years for Damon and Elena to get together and now I know they are not. Either Damon is going to nix it because of his boring brother or Elena’s friends are going to lay yet another guilt trip on her. This is getting tiring.

Cam

Posted at 4:49 PM on November 18, 2012

Completely agree. We all know that Damon loves Elena, but he loves Stefan too. Its clear that Stefan is bitter towards Damon for his break up with Elena. If Stefan wants to blame anyone, he should blame himself and not take it out on Damon. So most likely, Damon will reject Elena, and once again we play the stupid drawn out saga that Julie Plec thinks is entertaining. Its so frustrating because we know JP is a Stelena fan, and I’m sure she’ll do everything to make Damon and Elena not be a real couple. So sick of this. I’m only reading the reviews now. Too tired of the mind games. A girl can only take so much before she has to walk away.

Cathleen

Posted at 9:23 PM on November 16, 2012

Here is my take on the spoilers in EP 8. Finally, Elena will confess to her friends that she loves Damon and she is ready to have a real relationship with him. That she is now willing to take the risk and love him and put her relationship with Stefan behind. In Ep 7 she has already admitted that her feelings for him is getting intense. This information will not make her friends happy. They are always loyal to Stefan and they don’t think that Damon is good for Elena. The other spoiler about Damon making an agonizing decision, I have two scenarios in mind. Remember that Damon and Elena’s relationship up to this point is all about flirtations. They are not lovers yet, although it is obvious that they both love each very much. This time Damon after confronting his past and meeting his ex, will realize that if there is one thing that wants very badly, that is loving Elena and having her as his lover. Damon knew, that this will hurt his brother. He is loyal to him and even if he knew that Stefan and Elena had broken up, Damon understand how deeply Stefan loves her.

magelina prouy

Posted at 4:57 PM on November 16, 2012

I think that Stephan will say to Damon that she’s sired to him, that’s why she has these sudden feelings for Damon and at the end of the episode, he will have to break it off with Elena because of that

Cam

Posted at 4:50 PM on November 18, 2012

That’s a major loophole though. Damon sired Caroline and she hates him. If the show goes in that direction I’ll punch my tv.

Miri

Posted at 9:56 PM on November 15, 2012

..argh..i wanna know. Mmh, perhaps the decision has something to do with Elena.
But i don’t think he gave up on her…because they will be together in the LakeHouse in the next Episode…

Ana

Posted at 9:18 PM on November 15, 2012

I dont know, but can be something with elena. But, they are going get over! Team delena

Giselle

Posted at 9:16 PM on November 15, 2012

I know what the heartbreaking decision is going to be!!! Elena finally admited to loving damon tonight and other sources have said theres going to to be a vampire hunter that will know all about damon except for his love of elena and now that they might be together hes gonna have to leave her thus the heartbreaking decision…..ill hate the producers if the hurt delena fans like this

d.harris

Posted at 2:23 PM on November 15, 2012

it keeps getting hotter ,am all for it,keep feeding us andy.

Off Profile

Posted at 2:00 PM on November 15, 2012

Oh F me with a pogo stick! this better not be true! I’ll flip my S***! The day it happens is the day I quit watching!! That is more than enough incentive to drive me away.

subhadeep

Posted at 2:07 PM on November 15, 2012

do not worry , us DE fans have prepared for contingencies like this so that we can maintain the show’s ratings when you SE fans stop watching . It was bound to happen eventually

Off Profile

Posted at 2:31 PM on November 15, 2012

Uh was this directed to me? I was commenting on ‘Will Damon have to give up on Elena forever title’. right above the spoilers. I dont know how to feel about this…I have never bee accused of being and SE fan. I feel strange what’s wrong with me! I don’t like it.. OMG *stands up and bangs head on wall* I’m a DE fan!

pbjmub

Posted at 9:56 PM on November 27, 2012

good! i was going to yell at u then i read the later comment! lolzthank god!

KatieWilders (@cianasanden)

Posted at 1:50 PM on November 15, 2012

i think the flashback is how damon meets charlotte, then her return makes him like her again, then Elena realises she likes/loves Damon when he gets with charlotte and charlotte see’s this and makes damon choose….my opinion but im pretty sure if that is the case he’d pick elena:)

Nini

Posted at 3:23 PM on November 15, 2012

I think it is more sinister than that. I think going back to New Orleans is to get information about either the hunters or the cure and it results in putting Jeremy in danger. Damon might have to chose whether or not to tell Elena knowing she would give up her chance to be human again for Jeremy’s sake. Just a wild guess. It would be too good to be true to have Elena actually compete with someone over Damon’s affections. I’d love to see her jealous and realize she could lose him if she doesn’t stop her crap. The problem is I just don’t think JP would be nice enough to us DE fans to give us that.

Manv

Posted at 12:49 PM on November 15, 2012

I think the heart breaking decision wil be finding a cure for elena , knowing fully well that maybe human elena will never choose him, but with vampire elena he yet has a chance

Cam

Posted at 12:54 AM on November 16, 2012

Its probably Damon not going for Elena for Stefan’s sake. He’s cares a lot about Stefan and I’m sure he won’t want to hurt his little brother by dating Elena. UUGHH! As if Stefan has ever stood up for Damon or told Elena that he is a good guy. If Damon rejects Elena I’m going to punch something. Damon is too noble for his own good. From the preview its clear that Stefan is taking it out on Damon, gee thanks man, its not like Damon saved Elena’s life and keeps trying to do the right thing and be honest with her and talk you up or anything?!! Argh. Stefan is such a jerk to Damon. But I have a feeling the writers are going to drag this out by having Damon reject Elena.

DE

Posted at 11:55 AM on November 15, 2012

I think Damon will decide to leave town and Elena will tell her friends about her feelings for Damon that she loves him!

tt

Posted at 11:41 AM on November 15, 2012

I think that the writers who love to surprise us think that we think it’s about Damon giving up Elena. However I think that the heart break will be Damon breaking his brother Stefans heart. Even though the brothers argue and literally fight with each other, they both know at the end of the day that they would give there life up to save the other. Kind of like when Stefan gave his life up to save Damon. So I was think that Damon will go ahead and be with his brothers girlfriend Elena. The heart break will be Stefans heart breaking because number 1 the love of his life left him for his brother and number 2 the heart break that his brother would do that to him. I went on a site yesturday, and said something similar to what I just said here. OMGGGG the site has the same people using different names so they can pretend there more then one person. They are not open minded and come across as bullies can’t even leave a comment and discuss anything except Damon is always right and the show is only Damon. Hate sites like that. This show is a GREAT show and there are GREAT storylines going on with all the cast. btw, love this site. At least you can talk about things and not be bullied.

subhadeep

Posted at 2:13 PM on November 15, 2012

I am not going to have a prolonged discussion with you. I already did that with your SE colleagues and it did not go anywhere, you guys shut your eyes and ears to avoid logic. Anyways, Elena is not Stefan’s property, he did not buy her via traveler’s cheque , Paypal or visa. She is free to make her own decisions about who she loves and wants to be with. If you had properly watched the show ( which you inevitably did not ) you would have realized that love developed between both of them. Damon did not chase her around so as to convince her.

Please open your eyes SE fans and watch TVD and not ”Your imagined version of it”

tt

Posted at 4:28 PM on November 15, 2012

Are you mental? You sound like one of those crazed Delenas who never discuss. You just say Damons right and that’s it. I am not Stelena nor am I Delena. I gave my opinion as to what I think the episode is about. I’m sure your come back will be I’m a Stelena which is ALWAYS the norm when it comes to anyone saying anything against Damon. Oh and for the record, when Stefan messes up as a FAN OF THE ENTIRE show I call him on it.

subhadeep

Posted at 10:16 AM on November 16, 2012

we just say , Damon’s right ? like i said watch the show. every reason every DE fan gives are observations we have picked up from the show form all of it’s seasons. Before calling me mental, get checked by a psychiatrist yourself. I think the diagnosis will be increasingly negative.

evelyn

Posted at 7:26 AM on November 17, 2012

hope you aint forgetting the fact that elena is in this because stefan went to save damon’s life coz if not for that elena wouldn’t have fell for damon. i prefer calling damon an ingrate

Suzie

Posted at 1:10 AM on November 19, 2012

@tt

I hope you are right! I would be heartbroken myself if Damon doesn’t get together with Elena if she admits to him that she loves him and tries to get closer to him….that would be horrible, stupid and a deal breaker for me in terms of this show…how long can the writers drag on the love triangle between these characters to then just have Damon reject Elena? That would make NO sense whatsoever…

anam

Posted at 11:37 AM on November 15, 2012

Damon will always love Elena unconditionally and I think this heartbreaking decision is him deciding to act on the deal and leave Mystic Falls soon. I hope this happens so that Elena can miss him n realize how much she needs n loves him. She really needs a wakeup call.

Nini

Posted at 3:26 PM on November 15, 2012

The leaving thing doesn’t seem like it would actually happen since the spoilers for ep 9 show them together at the lake house and ep 13 Vaughn comes to town and is fascinated by Damon’s closeness to Elena.

Cam

Posted at 4:59 PM on November 18, 2012

I wouldn’t call Damon an ingrate. He spent all of season three trying to get Stefan back. He never asked Stefan to sacrifice himself, just as much he didn’t choose to fall in love with Elena. The heart wants what the heart wants. Damon has been the shows unsung hero, always saving Elena, he even got bitten by Tyler when he tried to save Caroline and Tyler from being killed. He’s always cleaning up Stefan’s messes. If Stefan had saved Elena, she wouldn’t be a vampire. So of course its up to Damon to help her because Stefan can’t. If anyone is an ingrate, its Stefan. Stefan killed Andie, Damon’s girlfriend, and he NEVER atoned for it. I hate it when I hear things like this. Stefan is a ripper! He’s a monster. And he’s just keeping that monster at bay, barely. He can’t be with Elena because she’s a little darker now, but Damon loves her no matter what. Its Damon who truly loves her and he should be with her.

Annii

Posted at 5:05 PM on November 18, 2012

How many times had damon killed people! He fkn killed lexie (yes its his fault) he even killed uncle mason. Hes not the best guy so shut up about stefan being ripper
You keep saying its time for delena well too bad because stefan had her first, why would he want his brothers sloppy seconds.. Really who would

aasga

Posted at 11:29 AM on November 15, 2012

SAD!!! Don’t give up Damon!

starr

Posted at 11:16 AM on November 15, 2012

I dont care what the decision is, just have Damon leave his brothers girlfriend alone! He is such a horrible brother, after everything Stefan has done for him. And Elena is no better

M

Posted at 12:00 PM on November 15, 2012

really damon is a horrible brother? how so

Kezlyn

Posted at 12:10 PM on November 15, 2012

I wanna know the same thing. Damon is probably the best brother ever. He has always had Stefan’s back. They both have.

Annii

Posted at 8:54 PM on November 16, 2012

Are you serious? Damon is a selfish guy who only wants to take whatever is stefans. What kind of brother flirts with his bros gf??? Obviously not the “best brother” idiots… If she sleeps with damon thag just proves that damon loves stefans sloppy seconds,sad sad
In all seriousness. This show pisses me off. They should have made elena choose damon at end of last season atleast it would have saved heaps of people from getting their hopes up anout stefan and elena. Come on who suddenly distroys a relationship after 5 episodes. SHOULD have saved us from the effort of watching thw new season in the first place
Im consideringg not watching anymore, elena sucks as a vamp

r u y a (@DelenaShipperDE)

Posted at 12:12 PM on November 15, 2012

shut the f up already no one likes you

evelyn

Posted at 7:34 AM on November 17, 2012

i support the fact that damon is a bad brother,the funniest thing is that she is still gonna apologize to stefan,she does not love damon,she only wants damon.its not love its more of lust,the fun with damon and all is driving her crazy

Cam

Posted at 5:10 PM on November 18, 2012

Unbelievable. Sloppy seconds?! That is so disrespectful to women. How many people have you slept with that were virgins, is that your criteria for dating someone? Because if it isn’t then we are all sloppy seconds. Grow up.
And you seriously think Damon is selfish? Even after everything he’s done to prove how much he would sacrifice his own happiness for Stefan? The problem is that Stelena fans keep referring to Damon from season 1, when he had his humanity off and hated Stefan. He’s changed so much, and that’s because he fell in love with Elena. I would list off all the time Damon has either saved Elena, or Stefan, but then I would be writing a novel. Stefan spent all of season 3 killing people, emotionally abusing Elena and everyone in town, betraying Damon and doing nothing to redeem his actions.
We’ve seen Damon grow and change and become a caring man, and we saw Stefan lie, and hurt Elena over and over again, but he’s a good shoulder to cry on so I guess that makes him better…cough….I’m not saying Damon is a saint, what I’m saying is that Stefan is far from perfect. But I do agree that Elena should have chosen Damon at the end of season 3, having her choose Stefan made no sense, especially now.