‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Stefan & Elena’s Relationship Takes A Dive

Thu, November 15, 2012 9:43pm EST by 123 Comments
Vampire Diaries Stefan Elena Break Up
Courtesy of The CW

hannah

Posted at 4:23 PM on November 16, 2012

delena all the way i have been waiting ever since damon admitted his feelings for elena the story lines are just getting better and better :)

Emma

Posted at 3:48 PM on November 16, 2012

Finally, DELENA COUPLE!

Katerina

Posted at 3:22 PM on November 16, 2012

DELENA Always And Forever

Roberta

Posted at 2:42 PM on November 16, 2012

IM CRYING((( STELENA(((

Winer

Posted at 2:06 PM on November 16, 2012

Stelena will be together!

Thankful for DE

Posted at 2:05 PM on November 16, 2012

We want DEX (Delena Sex) !!! okay

Katt

Posted at 2:03 PM on November 16, 2012

DELENA!YES!

Bridgie

Posted at 1:10 PM on November 16, 2012

FINALLY!! Ladies and Gentlemen after and excruciating 3 season it is finally happening!!! Woah! She better not break he’s heart and I hope the ex coming into town doesn’t ruin everything. DELENA

stephanie

Posted at 1:42 PM on November 16, 2012

and finally ladies and gentlemen. The ratings will go down.

Melissa (@maddpappy)

Posted at 11:18 AM on November 16, 2012

As an avid follower of the books I do believe they will follow the spirit of this path of light and darkness that was at the end if Moonsong. What I am glad to see is that Damon in tv will have a time with her. Book Damon was not near as harsh as the original writer wrote him-so it makes it hard to see it on tv. They are different. The core issue is why Elena feels as she does. I want it explored and I want the choice I never got in the book. WHY did you choose Stefan. HOW did you grow up. I don’t care who is end game. In fact, the road back to SE will be powerful. I do love DE (more in book) but TV Elena is different. I am almost excited to see her work things put with Damon and see how SE will be when they work through it which you know they will.

My guess is that she will end up with Stefan.

The only other thing I can see is if Damon learns to change that darkness inside of him that makes him react. If you read the book, the path of light and dark was at the core. Love can do that-it changes you but you have to let it in. I have to agree with many SE fans on their points about the love of SE, but SE need time apart to grow up. So many of you are sad and I get that.

Elena is just a girl at 18 who lost everyone, who just became a vampire. I know it may sicken some of you who do not value the changes in his moral compass, choices, and back and forth, but enjoy the ride back. I am sure SE will get back together. Maybe even a few times! She needs to know herself, take this road, then decide what is for her. If Damon continues to be abrupt, even though I love him for all he’s done, he’ll lose her too. One side always wins out, and I have a feeling once Elena settles from he reeling, she’ll find a piece of herself.

Dana

Posted at 10:53 AM on November 16, 2012

It’s the end of the show for me. It makes no sense. I can’t believe what I saw …
I don’t want to see during the next episodes, Stefan looking for a cure, a cure for a girl who don’t love him and have fun with his brother…
All this for the audience.

Melissa (@maddpappy)

Posted at 11:21 AM on November 16, 2012

she and he both love one another. They broke up because she can’t deny what she feels for Damon. Stefan simply doesn’t want to be caught in the middle. He set her free to fly-and someday she’ll come home.

ciao

Posted at 10:38 AM on November 16, 2012

Oh seriously? Haven’t u understood that delena is not a good couple? Elena is just stupid, she loved stefan, she chose him and after a week she is in love with the other one? Are u for real? please make up ur mind for a good cause! Stelena is way better, damon and helena can only end up in bed together thats all! CAROLINE & TYL <3

EmilyMae

Posted at 10:32 AM on November 16, 2012

Loved this episode. I have had a hard time with the whole Elena with Stefan situation. I feel like she never really forgave him for everything he did as Ripper Stefan and now that is showing. Plus when she was human Damon was her weakness so of course as a vampire he will continue to be that. I dont think Stefan is giving up though. I think he will be more motivated to get the cure now that he knows Elena and him are on the outs. The big question is whether Damon will want the cure now that Elena is team Delena as a vampire. I hope they play with the Damon and Elena thing for a while, but i am pretty sure Stelena will return. (TEAR)
Im also really excited for the Professor Shane/Jeremey/April situation to play out. Cant believe we have to wait two weeks for Miss Mystic Falls!

Andjela

Posted at 10:15 AM on November 16, 2012

I hate Elena….. o.O
i hope she will never ever be together with stefan,she is so not good for him,she doesn’t deserve him…..
stefan just needs to find another girl who won’t do those things that elena did to him and who will LOVE him,like TRULY LOVE him…..
I just hate her,no one knows how much i hate her character,why didn’t she just kill herself?!
i will keep watching this show now only because of stefan,because he’s my hero,he has always been helping everyone and this is how they return it ?
gosh,so stupid episode………
and about klaroline………OMG i love them as a pair,they’re so cute and adorable ^^
i hope they will be together and that she will leave this tyler jerk who has clearly had something with this hayley -.-
and damon…..he has disappointed me…..i mean,come on…..why don’t you just let go of that stupid elena girl and go find katherine,or stefan should go and find katherine or they need to find another girl,never mind……
but i just hope elena will be left with nobody,maybe then she will see how much she has hurt both of them………

Julia

Posted at 9:28 AM on November 16, 2012

I so hope they will never find the cure!! otherwise we might have the same drama again, she could change her mind again!! DELENA!!!

Shannon

Posted at 8:51 AM on November 16, 2012

I think everything about this episode was awesome! The stelena break up scene was very well written, as for Delena omg SO siked! I just hope they get together and have a real shot at happiness and that this isn’t more torture for us Delena shippers. I LOVE the way Elena grabs Damon’s hand and you can tell how much that means to Damon he stil tries to help stelena stay together( No one can say Damon’s selfish after that)!!

amazingness

Posted at 8:24 AM on November 16, 2012

DELENA!!!!!

Lexi

Posted at 8:12 AM on November 16, 2012

we want to Delenasex!

Hopp

Posted at 8:11 AM on November 16, 2012

DELENA goooooo!!!!

West

Posted at 8:03 AM on November 16, 2012

I believe in Stelena!They will be together again.

subhadeep

Posted at 10:05 AM on November 16, 2012

good luck , living in denial

dragon

Posted at 7:44 AM on November 16, 2012

Stelena will be together!
Caroline no longer develops!She uninteresting!

subhadeep

Posted at 10:06 AM on November 16, 2012

sure they will, in your dreams

Anna

Posted at 7:41 AM on November 16, 2012

Elena returns to Stefan!Tyler and Caroline very boring pair(

Dimma

Posted at 7:39 AM on November 16, 2012

I’m sorry Stefan(

Mandy

Posted at 6:14 AM on November 16, 2012

I just about lost my mind at several points in this episode. In the best way. Klaus threatening and complimenting Caroline in the same breath was insanely creepy/hot. Damon kicking himself even as he takes his version of the high road and explains the situation to Elena while holding her hand: heart-stopping. Stefan and Elena’s break-up: utterly unexpected, amazingly well-written, and even though I’m a Delena fan, I teared up. It was heart-wrenching all the way around.

aLe7

Posted at 5:53 AM on November 16, 2012

FINALLY ! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 72 EPISODES !72 EPISODES ! Name me another show whose shippers have been waiting for so long for their fav couple to have a real chance! It was about time.It’s gonna be good for Stelena fans too ’cause they need some time to be apart & Elena needs to see how things will be with Damon.AND NO HATE ON DAMON ’cause he was the one who made the last try to save Stelena.AND DON’T SAY you’re done with the show ’cause that means you’re not a real fan ! Delena fans have been watching for 4 seasons now & we only had “moments” to be happy.That’s all I had to say!

Jacky

Posted at 6:38 PM on November 16, 2012

Shut Up, and yes I?M DONE WITH THE SHOW!

Clare

Posted at 5:28 AM on November 16, 2012

I guess I’m just negative after watching the same scenes for three and a half years. I’m like some of the other posters here. Give it two episodes and Elena will be grovelling, cowering and begging to Saint Stefan once again. It’s a shame cuz I like a stronger and feisty Elena. Something she will never be around Stefan. I would like to see an actual DE relationship at some point, not just torment. SE had their two to three seasons.