Taylor Swift Shocker: I Like A Man To Take Control In A Relationship

Tue, November 13, 2012 11:36am EDT by 9 Comments
Taylor Swift Dating
Courtesy Of Harper's Bazaar

Brittany

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 4, 2012

Okay. I’m a feminist.

I do not understand why people are attacking her about being anti-feminist, though. She explicitly stated that she likes equality – she wants her relationships to be mutually decisive. She says she doesn’t want to make all of the decisions, but she doesn’t say she wants the man to make them all, either. She clearly says that it needs to be EQUAL.

That being said, she deals with a ton of pressure because of her career. So yes, she admits she SOMETIMES thinks it is nice to be able to hand over the reins to her boyfriend and have him take over. I’m a feminist, and sometimes I feel like that. Because of the type of person I am, people often put me in charge. Sometimes, it can be nice to not have to make the final decision. Sometimes it can be nice not to have the sole responsibility placed on you.

Taylor isn’t saying she wants her boyfriend to direct every part of her life all the time. Thus, she is clearly not being anti-feminist.

Also, you’re attacking the fifties housewife statement. First of all, fifties style is amazing – I don’t blame her for liking to watch it. As for her liking to feel like a fifties housewife sometimes? I really doubt she means that she wants to be in the kitchen all the time and have no life outside of her boyfriend and family. I think she’s saying she likes how idyllic the fifties seem, and just maybe she’s saying that sometimes she likes to stay in and cook because it’s so different from her usual day.

brittanyalward

Posted at 12:49 AM on December 4, 2012

And by WATCH it, I mean WEAR it***.
2am typos – it is clearly time for bed.

True swiftie

Posted at 4:44 PM on December 21, 2012

It’s like u took the words right out of my mouth lol
And what’s wrong with u pll dissing her jeez ur making a big fuss out of her hair extension get a life and READ the article don’t comment on the pic u sound like a 3 year old who can’t read jeez
It’s nice to have somone to give the responsibility of making a few desicions once in a while when u feel u need a rest from that pressure and she just likes to be a little old fashioned its fine I like it
It’s better than bieng a selfish business snub who just cares about the money (not trying to stereotype other hard working business women out their) I actually like that idea of the old fashioned mum I want to do that when I get married its more fairy tale than realistic nowadays but it’s fun and unique and that’s taylor isn’t she just a hopeless romantic who just wants to live in a world of fantasy so unique and magical and really sweet
It’s really rare to find these days ( btw I’m a girl and not lesbian just saying guyz would like that)

True swiftie

Posted at 4:46 PM on December 21, 2012

Brittany she is the one that took the words right out of my mouth just clicked the wrong comment lol

R

Posted at 5:28 PM on November 13, 2012

Okay so can we take minute to put it all together. Taylor likes a man to take control, she likes
“feeling like a 1950s housewife”, in another interview she had NO clue what feminism is. This girl is basically delusional and living in another era where she gets to wear an apron and makes dinner all day for when her husband gets home from work and it’s so perfect like June Cleaver.

It’s funny (aka sad and ironic) because she is essentially a BUSINESSWOMAN.

riheb

Posted at 2:57 PM on November 13, 2012

taylor :D

Regina Callahan

Posted at 11:57 AM on November 13, 2012

This is so photo-shopped,it doesn’t even look like her and her hair is nowhere that long or pretty.

Swiftie2000

Posted at 2:20 PM on November 13, 2012

yeah it its! Her hair is epic

Rory

Posted at 5:23 PM on November 13, 2012

She’s def wearing hair extensions. It’s pretty obvious.