Anne Hathaway Disses Katie Holmes In ‘Saturday Night Live’ Spoof

Sun, November 11, 2012 2:42pm EDT by 6 Comments
Anne Hathaway Katie Holmes Diss
Courtesy of NBC

What did Katie ever do to Anne? Poor Katie got mocked on the Nov. 10 episode of ‘Saturday Night Live’ — the ‘Devil Wears Prada’ star hosted and portrayed Katie in a skit. Watch the video and tell us — was Anne too harsh?

While hosting Saturday Night Live for the third time on Nov. 10, Anne Hathaway took a jab at fellow actress Katie Holmes during a skit depicting an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Talking with Ellen DeGeneres (played by Kate McKinnon), Anne, 29, exaggerated the former Dawson’s Creek star’s mannerisms, including the peculiar way she talks.

“Great to be here, Ellen — it’s great to be anywhere right now,” Anne said in character, referring to how she and Suri Cruise have spent a lot of time in New York City together.

“If you read Us Weekly, you know that Suri and I spend every waking moment at the zoo,” Anne continued.

While there were moments of hilarity in the skit, we have to ask — was Anne too harsh on Katie? Tell us, HollywoodLifers!

— Chris Rogers

More SNL News:

1. ‘Saturday Night Live’ Disses Robert Pattinson In ‘Kelly & Michael’ Skit
  2. Andy Samberg’s Leaving ‘Saturday Night Live’ — So Sad
  3. Steven Tyler: Mick Jagger Got Me ‘So Wrong’ On ‘Saturday Night Live’

anon

Posted at 9:07 PM on April 28, 2013

Does this person not have a sense of humor? It’s a joke, she didn’t mean anything personal! That’s the whole point of Saturday Night Live. What Kate Mckinnon dissing Ellen, too? Ellen had Kate on her show as Ellen. It makes no sense that Anne was ‘dissing’ Kate. She doesn’t even write the skits, so how was she harsh? Saturday Night Live is made to exaggerate, it’s a comedy skit show – what did you expect?

Pinchme

Posted at 6:23 AM on December 28, 2012

NOBODY LIKES ANNE. SHE IS A TALENTLESS SHREW – INSIDE KNOWLEDGE.

Uriah

Posted at 8:42 AM on November 12, 2012

Anne does a great impersonation of Katie Holmes. I’m even more excited to see Les Miserables because of her monologue. I was working late at DISH the other night, so I was unable to see it when it aired. A while ago, I set up my Hopper from DISH to automatically record the show so I could watch it when I got a chance. Its nice being able to have the entire season on my DVR with more than enough recording space left. I hope Anne hosts again in the future and I am looking forward to Jeremy Renner hosting this weekend!

anie

Posted at 2:09 AM on November 12, 2012

i hate katie holmes

rez

Posted at 9:59 PM on November 11, 2012

god forgive this douche that made this story. aparently christopher didin’t saw anne’s imitation of katie when she last hosted dude do some research.

janpots

Posted at 7:27 PM on November 11, 2012

They both look the same to me