She might not have written the lyrics but the music video has Chris’ name all over it. Read on for my five reasons why you can’t deny it!
There’s no denying that Rihanna‘s latest video is about her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. The 24-year-old always makes brilliant music videos and this is just another example. But there’s one thing about this video that is SO obvious, it has tons of references to Chris. I truly think this is her final video that brings their relationship full circle.
1. The guy’s arm throughout the video is tatted up, just like Chris! Out of all the arms she could have picked to star in her video, she had to pick one that looked just like her ex.
2. Rihanna is running through the street, at night, with only car headlights illuminating her. I can’t help but think about the 2009 assault. Chris beat her up and left her unconscious in the car. Is this her running away from that night?
3. Two horses running through a gorgeous field. Those horses are definitely symbolism of Chris and Rihanna’s relationship. At one point one of the horses falls to the ground and the other helps it get up. Maybe this is Rihanna helping Chris after the world turned against him?
4. There’s a man on fire and he looks just like Chris. Could this be when he was being attacked by the media and the entire world for assaulting Rihanna? It definitely screams Chris.
5. Rihanna is floating in a serene ocean at the end of the video. Water is known to signify cleansing and rebirth. Could it be that now she has accepted, forgiven and gotten back together with Chris?
This video definitely pays homage to their ever tumultuous relationship and I love it.
— Chloe Melas
Click here for more Rihanna and Chris news:
- Rihanna Wears Ultra-Sexy Outfit — Tempting Chris Brown?
- Rihanna: The Real Reason She Named Chris Brown Duet ‘Nobodies Business’
- Rihanna Tweets Her Support For Legalized Marijuana Win