‘X Factor’ Star Paige Thomas’s Sad Past: Pregnant & Homeless As A Teen

Thu, November 8, 2012 3:19pm EDT by 11 Comments
Paige Thomas X Factor Daughter
Getty

‘X Factor’ contestant Paige has come a long way! Before she was a singing star, she ‘endured so much’ as a homeless teen mom.

Paige Thomas may be riding high as she serenades millions on The X Factor, but her life beforehand was very different. Paige lost her own mother at the age of seven, became homeless at 14, then gave birth to her daughter Jade (now 3) when she was 19.

Paige tells Star, “I endured so much during my childhood, and it would have been easier to just give up, but there was something telling me I shouldn’t end it. I cried a lot and I prayed a lot. My mother died in a car accident on Christmas Eve when I was 7, and my father just couldn’t deal with the pain.”

Paige then became homeless, and spent several years moving between friends homes until she realized she was pregnant just after she completed high school.

“My daughter wasn’t planned and completely changed my life,” she says. “Cheerleading and track were my passions and I had scholarship offers, but I had to take a different path.”

However, Paige has no regrets.

“I want other young women with children to know that regardless of what people say, they should follow their dreams,” she says.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Is Paige an inspiration to others?

Star

– Eleanore Hutch

More X Factor News:

1. LA Reid Praises Khloe Kardashian: She’s An ‘Amazing’ ‘X Factor’ Host
  2. Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom: Truth Behind Their Alleged Fights
  3. Paige Thomas’s Dramatic Space Diva Makeover: Hot Or Not? Vote

Game of War Fire Age Cheats

Posted at 3:11 AM on March 3, 2014

What’s up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are fastidious in
favor of new visitors.

mandy

Posted at 1:15 PM on May 11, 2013

Paige Thomas. Loved you from the very first time I saw you. I think you are a good inspiration to young girls and that there is no body in this word who has that ability to stand as tall as you were when you introduced your daughter to this world. I as a girl love who you are and what you are doing.♥

maria

Posted at 5:51 PM on November 22, 2012

i love Page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cecelover

Posted at 9:22 AM on November 20, 2012

wow homeless. I loved her this is her only chance

Luluh Oh

Posted at 12:19 PM on November 18, 2012

She is so pretty, and I do love her… She has a great voice/talent and I hope that she is going to win the competition… ;)

kim

Posted at 12:57 AM on November 9, 2012

i love her. and she can talk about her life if she want to

Cake

Posted at 10:30 PM on November 8, 2012

I don’t like her, she plays the single mom card way too much, and yeah sure she has a tough life, but she’s not the only person with problems.
This is not charity, it is a singing competition and her sobbing and crying all the time annoys me.
I’m not giving any contestant a sympathy vote, there are far more talented people than this woman who actually deserve a 5 million contract.
I’m voting based on voice, charisma and looks (the whole package).

Posted at 4:59 PM on November 14, 2012

Every celeberty has a sob story bad past so she can talk about her past life and present as much as she wants

breanna

Posted at 2:30 AM on December 1, 2012

hmm.. just stfu no one was asking u to vote they asked if she was an inspiration so get ut fockin fact straight and let paige be

keisha

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 18, 2013

wow how harsh

Mack

Posted at 9:38 PM on November 8, 2012

So glad that she’s not making her past into a sob story, but accepting that she was dealt some pretty hard cards and moving on to make a great life for her and her daughter!