Kristen Stewart In ‘Lots Of Emotional Pain’ When Asked About Robert Pattinson

Wed, November 7, 2012 2:58pm EST by 40 Comments
Today Show

Kristen was put right into the hot seat during her Nov. 7 ‘Today Show’ interview and the anchors immediately dove in and asked her about Rob. But she started to rock back and forth and stumble on her words — read on to find out what it all means!

Kristen Stewart is totally on her A-game during interviews, except when you utter the words: Robert Pattinson. The 22-year-old actress appeared happy and graceful during her sit down on the Today Show, but when asked point blank if she and Rob were back together, she lost her train of thought. Read on to find out what our body language expert thinks went wrong!

“Kristen was in a lot of emotional pain,” Dr. Lillian Glass tells us. “First she looked down, then she was sad, then pained. Even though she tried to regain her composure, her sadness leaked out as she pulled away. She backed up from the interviewers and started kicking her feet back and forth as though she couldn’t wait to get out of there fast enough.”

We wonder why Kristen let the question get to her. She must have known that they would ask about Rob. But these two have been hanging out nonstop, so she should have just admitted they’re back together!

Watch K-Stew’s interview and tell us if you think she looked sad.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

— Chloe Melas

More Kristen Stewart News:

1. First Look At New ‘Breaking Dawn: Part 2′ Scene — See Pic
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Not Nervous About Joint MTV Interview
  3. Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson To Be Asked About Relationship In MTV News Interview?

lusi

Posted at 12:44 AM on November 10, 2012

feeling sorry for poor kristen many ppl still hates her for cheating on rob

Marbella

Posted at 5:56 PM on November 8, 2012

I think that she was clever!!! That was a smart answer… She was like: “let them think what the hell they want to think,i dont care”… And if you think about it IT’S TRUE!!! She doesnt have to clear up anything about her life! The answer was PERFECT!. Very edgy, very Kristen…

Laura

Posted at 3:19 PM on November 8, 2012

When rude people ask me questions that are none of their business I look them in the face and just smile, don’t say anything–just continue smiling and looking at them until they get a clue. It’s confrontational yet somewhat civil.

guest

Posted at 7:52 AM on November 8, 2012

what is the big deal, she has never like talking about her private life. I will never feel good about Savannah again for asking her. She is not an investigative reporter any more. Rob evaded the question last time they asked him. Don’t you folks get it ? The best way to blow off peoplewho ask questions that are none of their business is to ask back……….Why do you ask… and if by any chance they answer back truthfully………….. Say my life is not for sale or I don’t like to talk about my personal life because it is personal. I think she did answer well , She basically said she would let people fill in the blanks and they seem to have done just that as we see from this article.

Big bad on you Savannah and on the today show. Not everything is Kristen’s fault except to the haters and the insensitive news mongers….and no one wonder the today show’s popularity is falling especially after what they did to Anne C.

Cindy

Posted at 11:10 PM on November 7, 2012

Since several of Rob’s fans are dissing Kristen’s answer about her relationship status answer on the Today Show I would like to see if Rob is asked that question when he goes on the Today Show in the morning. Wonder how he will answer and if you don’t get what you want are fans going to give him the same backlash you are giving Kristen right now? Can’t wait to see.

Kerry

Posted at 10:58 PM on November 7, 2012

As usual HWL here you go again showing clips instead of the entire interview, getting Dr. I am trying to sell my book and don’t know a thing to analize her body movements, and writing an article with fabricated actions Kristen was suppose to have done. 1. Kristen was rocking and swinging her foot through the entire interview which I watched on the Today show this morning. She was typical Kristen. 2. The reporter came out of no where with that question which I imagine she had been told not to ask. The interviews are always scripted before they are done so the actors know what is coming and are able to answer the questions. 3. Kristen gave an answer to a question thrown at her with out prior knowledge and her answer was a good one I believe. 4. She did not say they were or were not together which she left up to the audience to figure out like she has always done. She did say they could make up their own minds from what they have seen. She is keeping her private life private the same as Robert did when he told Good Morning America he was not there to sell his private life. So HWL stop making up lies, planting seeds of doubt in the fans’ minds, and leaving innuendoes for the fans to add to and start more hurtful gossip about Kristen. I think all of us should back off and let this couple have some peace. If they want to be together fine. If they don’t then that is fine to but it is not our or your business HWL what they decided and that is what Kristen was letting the fans know. The media and fans have made up their minds about things concerning Rob and Kristen so no matter what she says the fans and media will think what they want.

sophieee 123

Posted at 7:40 PM on November 7, 2012

Whoa!!!! She shutted the interviewer down like a boss!!! I’m a fan of her and I don’t give a f**k if she is dating rob or not and don’t know why they won’t tell if they are dating or not because they are tempting the paps to get photos of them together but, I think that she did a great job answering that question very respectful because I thought she wasn’t gonna answer ……….. I think they didint tell these interviewers not to ask about her personal life is because they thought they wouldn’t ask anymore but is never to late for these ppl

Candace

Posted at 6:58 PM on November 7, 2012

i’ll tell you what she was thinking…. she was thinking.”You F’ing Bi$c*….” That is what she was thinking..

Toni

Posted at 6:34 PM on November 7, 2012

Actually I root for Liberty because she’s the one who has to pull the family (kids) together and deal with the drama and shame of her husband and some young starlet cheating and also getting so much attention for cheating. Kristen thinks she has difficult questions to answer but Liberty has to deal with the shame and disrespect Kristen showed her. Rob, I hope you can live with someone with no values or morals.

Greta

Posted at 6:23 PM on November 7, 2012

Lol. They are faking it!

D. L. York

Posted at 11:17 AM on November 9, 2012

totally faking a reunion

WERK

Posted at 6:08 PM on November 7, 2012

I feel bad for Kristen. Caitlin Cronenberg is in New York right now following Rob. She can’t wait for Rob to do her dad’s new movie. Rob did say that he would do anything for Cronenberg. He wants to be David Cronenberg’s son by the way he praises him and now he will get any part he wants in his movies because he is with his daughter.

yep RoCron

Posted at 9:16 AM on November 8, 2012

he was with Caitlin in NY a lot. We will see maybe marriage into cronenberg family next yr.

ToriBorn

Posted at 5:44 PM on November 7, 2012

She was also referring to gossip sites, she also meant a lot of it is fiction, a “movie”.

Liza

Posted at 5:18 PM on November 7, 2012

Apart from the question, which everyone knows She wouldnt answer, She should been in emocional pain after What She done!! Life is not easy for anyone and when you behave wrong, life turns out to be more difficult, but that was her choice. I think She was lucky, shes been asked if shes back with Rob, not why do She cheats on Rob and with a Married man. She not only cheats on her boyfriend, She was into an adultery relationship, even if there were only kisses, which, honestly, I doubt

donesten

Posted at 5:26 PM on November 7, 2012

I agree. I’m waiting for the journalist with big enough balls to just ask the questions. Live TV sounds like the right venue.
“Why did you cheat on Rob?”
“Why only acknowledge the relationship after the pics of you and Rupert surfaced?”
“Why are you being so cryptic & coy?”
“Has Rob forgiven you?”
“What’s the status of your relationship?”

That’s what I’m waiting for!

Woody88

Posted at 9:12 PM on November 7, 2012

@donesten – Magazine interviews tend to be more about her as a person than about film promotion. Perhaps that kind of interview will get her rolling to at least talk about what she has learned from the experience.

Suzie

Posted at 1:17 AM on November 13, 2012

@donesten

Time to get a life dude! Why are you waiting for answers to questions that are none of your freaking business? People are unbelievable…they owe absolutely nothing to anybody. That’s their private life and must be respected…back off and mind your own business!!!

donesten

Posted at 5:33 PM on November 7, 2012

Exactly!!

Toni

Posted at 6:19 PM on November 7, 2012

@Liza, I’m with you but her fans are so obsessed with her that there only focus is Rob and Kristen being back together and everything else is not noise to them.

Woody88

Posted at 8:56 PM on November 7, 2012

@Liza, I am so proud of you for using a consistent moniker unlike most of the negative commenters. Stick to your guns. Speaking of doubt, I personally doubt that Rob will ever leave Kristen. Every day you and I can see who is right until we lose interest.

jaazheal

Posted at 2:29 PM on November 8, 2012

For ppl here who seems to be truly emotionally invested in other ppls lives, I wonder what would you all do if it turned out, that these two were NEVER EVER A COUPLE in the first place. Movie and franchise promotion is a hell of a thing, and the evolution of this world show that ppl are willing to do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING for money and fame

Georgie

Posted at 5:17 PM on November 7, 2012

This time, the body language “expert” is way off. She looks a little shakey, yes, but not sad. My guess, things are still rocky but they’re back together for sure. I really hope things work out…

Kim

Posted at 5:22 PM on November 7, 2012

This body language “expert” of theirs is ALWAYS WAY OFF!!!! She’s ALWAYS fidgety & shaky. I actually think her interviews are getting MUCH BETTER!!! I’m rooting for them; I hope it works out for the best for the both of them!!!

Kim

Posted at 5:01 PM on November 7, 2012

I like her & I am rooting for them. I whole heartedly agree that’s it’s NO ONE’S business BUT she conducted herself in SUCH a public manner just 5 months ago that the LEAST she could have said was a simple yes & moved on. She had NO qualms about professing her love for him publicly when she got caught cheating so WHY keep up the charade now??? We ALL KNOW they ARE back together as evidenced by recent photos so WHY continue with the childish evasive games. The more she hides the more negative press she’s going to get & the MORE intrusive the press is going to get with them all the way around. The press & paparazzi would probably back off them more if she’d stop playing the games already.

Kim

Posted at 5:06 PM on November 7, 2012

If she didn’t want to answer straight out she should have given the same answer Rob gave while promoting Cosmopolis: “I’m not here to sell my personal life” & slapped a HUGE sh!t eating grin on the end of that!!!!

donesten

Posted at 5:32 PM on November 7, 2012

YES!! For someone who hates the papz & values her privacy, she sure loves to stir the pot & invite them to follow her to solve the guessing game.
So stupid!

donesten

Posted at 5:21 PM on November 7, 2012

Absolutely correct! By being coy & evasive, saying stupid things like “keep them guessing” is just inviting more papz, etc., stalking her/their every move!
The more intelligent answer would have been, “I don’t talk about my private life but would just like to say, we are fine.”
Hasn’t really revealed anything we don’t already know yet still acknowledges the are they/aren’t they.
She needs a new publicist. Obviously her current one isn’t preparing her for worse case scenario.
The more she talks, the more she should stop.
Sorry but I don’t think the relationship will last. I think they’ll always be friends but too much damage from 5 months ago and she hasn’t learned yet. The “games” need to stop. Her being cryptic is juvenile.

Kim

Posted at 5:28 PM on November 7, 2012

The more games she plays the more people start to think this relationship is for public relations for the movie. Be HONEST with the fans that put her the seat & tax bracket she’s currently sitting in. Like I said the more evasive she is the more intrusive they’re going to be about it. It’s childish already. For someone who HATES the game she SURE does LOVE playing it!

Jan

Posted at 9:19 PM on November 7, 2012

I agree. It will never be the same for them again. Once the princess fell off her pedestal, she isn’t a princess any longer.

guest

Posted at 4:15 PM on November 7, 2012

she just thinks it is none of your business and in the real world and not the TV world people respect other peoples privacy. I think they were very rude.

Lonnie

Posted at 3:42 PM on November 7, 2012

M a huge fan of kristen,while i feel that maybe asking personal questions was not warranted i feel kristen should have answered that question differently. A simple,i dnt want to talk about personal matters nw wld have been better. That answer she gave came accross as being arrogant to me i mean we are her fans,she doesnt owe us anythg but she had to be more gracious in her reply. Its sad that her personal life overshadows her professional life unlike Jennifer Lawrence whose talent speaks for her.

A TRUE TWILIGHT FAN

Posted at 4:05 PM on November 7, 2012

i don’t think she should answer any questions about her personal life at all it’s no body’s business that’s what i think she was their for breaking dawn promo and that’s it

Bulllllll

Posted at 4:52 PM on November 7, 2012

I THINK HER ANSWER WAS PERFECT. Everyone looks at them like their personal life is a movie and wants every detail. Leave them alone! They deserve a normal life as we do. And I am sick of these “body language” people! Have they not watched her interviews before? She always moves, nothing new. And Rob nor Kristen has EVER answered a question about themselves point blank! I respect the decision to not confirm it… If thats how they choose to live so be it. Why you gonna bash them about it?

donesten

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 7, 2012

No, she only acknowledges the relationship when she cheats and their is physical proof and she stands to lose everything! That’s why I think she’s fake!

Tami

Posted at 11:04 PM on November 7, 2012

So agree with you Bullllll. People and the media need to leave their personal life alone.

rsd

Posted at 7:54 PM on November 7, 2012

I am with you, Lonie: I think she was caught off-guard because the hosts had been told before hand those questions were off-limit. But she does come accross as arrogant and also when she makes statements like “she takes 100% credit for Rob’s career.” Wow! Rob totally overshadowed her in Twilight — note there was a team Edward and a team Jacob, but I don’t remember a team Bella. And he showed in Cosmopolis to be a much better actor than she is an actress! When she states that “she feels she can have everything she wants” is pittyful – most people who are famous and have a lot of money “can also”, but the fame and the money came mostly out of luck. Rob understands that; she doesn’t. It is all a product of the same arrogance. If she cared about the fans (and even Rob), she would avoid a teasing answer “let’s keep them gessing.” How nice…”keep them guessing” while all they want is your and Rob’s best!

laura

Posted at 3:35 PM on November 7, 2012

To be fair she shouldn’t have been asked this question but its better than being asked about the affair…

Janice

Posted at 5:52 PM on November 7, 2012

What’s the big deal with being asked a very straight forward question? She publicly declared her love for him last July after the world found out about the true Kristen.. All she had to answer is yes because recent pictures of them prove that they have rekindeled their previous relationship. Will they last for another three or fours years is anyone’s guess.

Kim

Posted at 6:21 PM on November 7, 2012

AGREED. She had NO PROBLEM declaring her love for him multiple times in one apologetic statement….you’d think she’d want to shout it from the rooftops ONE good time now that all SEEMS okay between them. I KNOW I WOULD!!!