‘Girl Meets World': Cory & Topanga’s Daughter’s Name Revealed

Tue, November 6, 2012 12:21pm EDT by 19 Comments
Girl Meets World Riley
Courtesy of ABC

Disney Channel’s ‘Boy Meets World’ sequel series will center around a girl named Riley Matthews, according to a new report.

Regardless of whether you’re for or against Disney Channel’s upcoming Boy Meets World sequel seriesGirl Meets World, this news is sure to pique your interest: Gawker reports that Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga’s (Danielle Fishel) daughter, is named Riley! It’s obvious Cory got to name her; if it was up to Topanga, her name would be 10 times crazier. Like, Rainbow Monkey, or something.

According to the site, which received an e-mail about Girl Meets World from Disney, Riley’s “edgy” best friend — aka female Shawn Hunter — will be named Maya.

What do you think of Riley’s name? Do you think a female Cory-Shawn revival is a good idea? And will you still watch, even if Ben and Danielle aren’t on the show? Drop a comment with your thoughts!

Gawker

— Andy Swift

More Boy Meets World news on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘Boy Meets World’ Sequel Series: Danielle Fishel Teases Fans On Twitter
  2. ‘Boy Meets World’ Sequel Series In The Works On Disney Channel

Shelby sanders

Posted at 7:30 AM on June 28, 2013

I don’t think I will wake up early or stay up late if Ben and Daniella weren’t on the show. Cory makes it fun. and so does topanga

shades

Posted at 10:38 AM on June 6, 2013

the daughter name needs to be beverly glenn to go along with the espisode that the go into the geroge retires at teacher.

Kierstan

Posted at 3:08 AM on April 7, 2013

I’m stoked for this show! I’ve always loved Boy Meets World and I still record it on tv. I’m really happy that Ben and Danielle are the parents and I’m hoping to see more of them and Shaun and Eric and Angela in the show though watching Cory and Topanga’s children grow up will be awesome. I’m glad it will have the same feel to Girl Meets World as Boy Meets World

jael

Posted at 8:18 AM on February 25, 2013

Hopefuly topanga, Cory, and Shaun get to be on the sequel

Alysha

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 19, 2013

i would still watch it but only if Ben and Danielle are going to be the parents:)

Natasha

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 15, 2013

I will watch it, but only if it’s Ben ad Danielle doing the show again.

Robyn Pavlick

Posted at 1:11 PM on November 27, 2012

I hope Ben and Danielle are on the show. I think its a great idea to have them grown and as parents on this new series. I can’t wait until the episodes start! I’m definately in

Tiffine Love Screenwriter

Posted at 5:03 PM on November 23, 2012

I hope that Ben and Danielle return as the parents if not.. Who knows I’ll for sure watch b/c I loved BMW, but as far as it becoming a staple on my dvr can’t really say for right now. And the name Riley is alright. But I wish it was more unique like Topanga, maybe another Native American name.

Millicent Williams

Posted at 11:44 PM on November 17, 2012

The only reason people will show any interest in the show is if Ben savage and Danielle fisher are on the show as the parents!!!! That’s the dumbest question I’ve ever heard!!

megan

Posted at 3:55 PM on November 8, 2012

I find it insulting that people are saying they don’t like the name Riley, it’s pretty, I can’t imagine a different name for my daughter actually and as for what they thought their daughters name would be, uhh, yeah, it’s called growing up.. The names I wanted to name my kids when I was 14 clearly changed. I knew my babies names within the first 4 months or so of being pregnant and I wouldn’t want to change them..

megan

Posted at 3:45 PM on November 8, 2012

There’s nothing odd about the name, Riley is my daughters name. I think it’s beautiful <3 If they do this about their daughter and her name is Riley, I think it would be great to watch. Boy meets World was a good show, it would be nice to have more wholesome shows on tv these days.

Marisa

Posted at 11:00 PM on November 7, 2012

I would love to see this happen ! I would be more likely to watch if Ben and Danielle were on the show. I want to see them as parents and how they would raise their child that was just like them when they were little

Shaun

Posted at 4:01 PM on November 6, 2012

BOOO I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE NAME. In one of the episodes of the original show they’re future daughter was to be named Beverly Glenn. Even though I didn’t particulary like that name I think they should’ve done there homework and stuck to the source material.

Laura

Posted at 6:10 PM on November 10, 2012

Yeah uh… that’s not a lack of doing homework, that’s realizing most people change their minds a thousand times within the span of even just pregnancy. Nobody sticks with the name they picked for their future child as a teenager as naming trends change (unless the name has some sort of deeper meaning, like a deceased relative).

Jacklyn

Posted at 12:39 PM on November 6, 2012

It would be really interesting

Nikki

Posted at 12:35 PM on November 6, 2012

I’m actually excited about this I can’t wait to see them all grown up and I remember loving Boy Meets World as a child so I’m sure my 5 daughters will love this show

Stacy

Posted at 2:46 PM on November 6, 2012

Did you know that you can still watch boy meets world on tv?

William Earl

Posted at 12:27 PM on November 6, 2012

I bet Riley Matthews is voting today…support our troops!

cece king