90210 Recap: The Truth About Naomi’s Kiss Comes Out — Sort Of

Mon, November 5, 2012 10:44pm EST by 15 Comments
90210 Ryan Lochte
Courtesy of The CW

Could this be the end of Naomi & Max? Again? Five episodes has to be a new record for those two.

The Nov. 5 episode of 90210 was… well, it was pretty uneventful. Liam (Matt Lanter) got lost in the woods; Annie (Shenae Grimes) got another new admirer; and Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) got up close and personal with Ryan Lochte. OK, so it wasn’t totally uneventful.

Besides an extremely brief encounter with the Olympian — Ryan said less than 20 words, but was shirtless the entire time, so whatevs — Naomi’s camping trip with Max (Josh Zuckerman) was a total bust. Not only did she almost get them both killed, but Max told her he knew about her kiss with Alec, and now their marriage may be over as quickly as it (never should have) started.

Annie’s flavor of the week:

Meanwhile, Silver’s (Jessica Stroup) naked photo shoot went viral overnight — for those of you keeping score, this is indeed her third nude scandal — but Annie’s new suitor Colin (Rob Mayes) swooped in to save the day. Thank God Beverly Hills is crawling with hot, single computer nerds!

And while Annie celebrated by going on “the best date ever” with Colin, Silver paid a visit to a burlesque club to “sign up.” Apparently it’s not enough to have a former escort in their ranks; the gang needs a soon-to-be-pregnant stripper, too!

I don’t want to say Adrianna’s a slut, but…

Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) is kind of a slut. Her plan to get Taylor (Wes Brown) to leave her alone somehow ended with her performing a sexy striptease — and kissing him. I re-watched the scene twice to figure out how she ended up at that absurd destination, and I can only conclude that the girl is subconsciously determined to sabotage every aspect of her life. … But we kind of knew that already, right?

Immediately after kissing Taylor, Adrianna hopped back into bed with Dixon (Tristan Wilds), who had just been told he was too crippled to perform at Navid’s (Michael Steger Jr.) club opening. Apparently Dixon’s car accident was only the start of a season-long beating. That poor guy should probably just pack it up and move back to Kansas. Game over, bro.

And then there’s Liam:

Liam is tired of not being taken seriously, you guys. The human-turned-model-turned-actor struggled with his new co-star’s incessant need to drum up publicity this week, so he escaped for a boys’ weekend in the woods. Of course, he got more publicity than he bargained for when he got “lost” in the woods and needed her to rescue him.

In the end, he agreed to her ridiculous demands — and he ripped his shirt open, so really, we all won this battle.

What’s your take on this week’s episode? Do you still have hope for Naomi and Max’s marriage? Am I being too hard on Adrianna? Drop me a comment with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

More 90210 on HollywoodLife.com:

1. 90210 First Look: Carmen Electra Gives Silver A Sexy Lesson
  2. 90210 Scoop: Liam’s Sex Tape With [Spoiler] Is Going Public
  3. 90210 Scoop: Adam Gregory Returning In Season 5

A

Posted at 5:40 PM on November 7, 2012

I feel like I am the only one who really loved Naomi and Austin together. I thought they were the true “soul-mates” and not Naomi and Max. I wish that Austin would come back on the show and that they could just be together. This show is declining for me as well. I’m hoping that it will get better soon.

Zoe

Posted at 12:04 PM on November 6, 2012

The fact they went there with messing up Adrianna and Dixon is leaving the most disgusting taste in mouth about this show. And by some coincidence it always happens to Dixon right Andy? I think I may have watched my last episode last night.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:35 PM on November 6, 2012

No, don’t stop watching!

But yeah, Dixon gets dumped on all day, every day.

I'mJustVeryMadLannieFan

Posted at 11:46 AM on November 6, 2012

I can’t get over fact how ridiculous this show became, I want to scream and cry at the same time. How many more … I mean how many more frogs (guys) Annie will have to kiss untill her and Liam reunite? This is getting soo annoying. Her messing around ( and same goes to Liam) doesn’t create ANY drama, all it do is making me drink aspirin. What is the point of her relationships with Colin? I already got over idea of Rannie somehow, but this? for God’s sake where is the slight point it their hook up? Why can’t writers just stop 90210 orgy it’s driving insane, people can do other things than just make out with different people each new episode!!!!!! I feel I’m going give on it for 3-4 episodes, it’s just impossible to look.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:50 AM on November 6, 2012

At least they’re hot frogs!

Trisha

Posted at 10:05 AM on November 6, 2012

What was the point in redeeming Ade if they are only going to ruin her again? I think it’s wicked of her to cheat behind his back. Dixon most likely will think she doesn’t want to be with him because he is crippled. All of these characters are just…. Whatever

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:54 AM on November 6, 2012

“All of these characters are just…. Whatever”

LOL, also true.

meyou

Posted at 8:01 AM on November 6, 2012

Adrianna is Adrianna, I never liked her and most likely never will. Her character is shallow and low developed, she has no dignity or any moral values whatsoever.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:56 AM on November 6, 2012

“Adrianna is Adrianna.”

True statement.

Jen

Posted at 11:49 PM on November 5, 2012

Liam and annie need to get back together, quit having her fall for random guys. UGH

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:24 AM on November 6, 2012

She did used to be an escort. Old habits die hard.

Lex

Posted at 11:42 PM on November 5, 2012

I don’t think you’re being hard on Ade at all. She’s a liar and cheater. She’s being completely ruined this season. I love her and Dixon together, but the writers are just ruining it. Total unnecessary drama.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:22 AM on November 6, 2012

I’ve always said the crazier the better when it comes to Ade. I may sound like I’m hating on her, but every show needs an irrational sex fiend.

meyou

Posted at 7:59 AM on November 6, 2012

And some people actualy call Annie a prostitute while Silver and Adrianna have been in that business for a long time

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:56 AM on November 6, 2012

You’re right. Adrianna really should start charging for her services.