‘Vampire Diaries': Damon Is Being Unfairly Portrayed As Elena’s Predator

Fri, November 2, 2012 3:15pm EDT by 153 Comments
Damon Elena Season 4 Vampire Diaries
Courtesy of The CW (2)

Maria

Posted at 7:33 PM on November 2, 2012

I want happiness for Elena,she is so much suffering( poor girl.

carrie

Posted at 7:01 PM on November 2, 2012

I like Damon and all but he’s just so pushy. She has made her choice and told Damon so many times. Yet he still follows her around looking for any reason to push himself on her. In the beginning when he was still waiting for Kat Damon wood creep into Elena’s bedroom. That was just sicko stuff. It was like he was so desperate in a good way that he missed and wanted Katherine back so much he needed to see her. Damon only started wanting Elena after Katherine said no to him. I wish Kat would come back and want Damon.

Cam

Posted at 7:18 PM on November 3, 2012

Hmmmm….pretty sure its Elena who went up to Damon at the bar asking for his help. And after almost killing Matt in the kitchen, it was Damon who stopped her and told her he’d help her. He’s not pushy, he’s stepping up. He gets frustrated when everyone around him is making stupid decisions. He’s been right every time!
Personally, Damon being in Elena’s bedroom isn’t as sick as Stefan stalking her for months and getting all the info on her, then infiltrating the highschool to make her his girlfriend. That’s sick.
Damon’s love for Elena developed over time, naturally without him making her fall in love on purpose with him the way Stefan did. Damon came back to the town to rescue Katherine (pretty noble if you ask me, being in love with someone for 140 years is amazing), then Katherine broke his heart all the while he was falling for Elena. That’s a love story. Not Stefan creeping around the town, pretending to be a human, and lying to Elena about Katherine. I don’t know why all the girls in the show love Stefan, he’s so one dimensional and brooding. Damon is a man of action, Stefan is there to pick up the emotional pieces, which is stupid! The writers could have Elena open up to Damon the way she does with Stefan, but no, they have their roles, Damon saves Elena, Elena cries on Stefan’s shoulder…>_<

CM

Posted at 6:30 PM on November 2, 2012

Ok. Just read through all the comments. On one side there is valid argument on the other “true love, always gonna be Stefan”. Yeah I think this show is written for 12 year olds and I should just move on. I doubt things will ever change. Coddle, coddle, tease, tease, stall, stall. Oh look we hit the reset button.

Moon

Posted at 6:15 AM on November 4, 2012

Exactly Delena fans won´t learn. Delena will never happen, we are in season 4 and its the same over and over again,.. it´s not a triangle people. I knew that in season 2 and I stopped watching then. Stop complaining and open your eyes DELENA will never happen, producers are using you and you let them.

Clare

Posted at 6:17 PM on November 2, 2012

Yes, I agree!! And I can’t see it changing. Not with these writers or should I say fangirls. This is season 4 and that’s really stupid. Stefan can rip peoples heads off and all is forgotten, but Damon can never redeem himself.
“I don’t want to be like you” I’d rather lose control and be like a ripper or force animal blood which I can’t keep down because of Stefan. Stefan. Stefan. If only they realize how brainless and spineless they make their heroine all for the sake of holding onto a painful pairing.

Elena should of been single end of last season. That way the triangle could finally progress without her regress.

Sonna

Posted at 6:14 PM on November 2, 2012

Elena is good with Stefan and she loves it.Don’t want to Elena the human again(

Monika

Posted at 6:09 PM on November 2, 2012

Stefan this the best for Elena

Arta_Styles

Posted at 6:58 PM on November 2, 2012

Ummm I don’t wanna be rude but how the hell is he good for Elena when he can’t even stand her diet? And how the fuck is elena turning human going to help? Did the thought that Klause is gonna use her a human blood bag for the rest of her entire life ever occurred to little saint Stefan’s stupid mind? not to mention that I HAVE NEVER SEEN ELENA SOOO HAPPY! She has never laughed like that or smiled that way or even danced that way with Stefan!

Netot

Posted at 6:07 PM on November 2, 2012

I always believe in Stelena!Damon is a hindrance.They will overcome!

Betty

Posted at 6:01 PM on November 2, 2012

I love Elena!I Hope she vampire forever.Julieit is stupid idea! remedy for vampirism:) It is nonsense!Damon should leave Elena and Stefan alone.

venera

Posted at 5:55 PM on November 2, 2012

Don’t like Damon!Elena the coolest!
Damon nobody needs(Damon go to hell!

Arta_Styles

Posted at 7:05 PM on November 2, 2012

At least learn to make “proper” sentences before you go on a diss on Damon freaking Salvatore! 1st of all, if you can understand a word that I’m saying, Elena would be temporarily dead by now if it wasn’t for Damon.
2ndly, probably half of Mystic Falls would also be dead if it wasn’t for Damon…and I mean almost every single character on the show.
And finally, Damon is the only one that hasn’t gone mad trying to come up with stupid failure solutions.he does whatever he can to save the ones he loves and the ones that his loved ones love,…which is again half of Mystic Falls.

smithnatalie51

Posted at 5:51 PM on November 2, 2012

I actually agree with you. Damon did not force her into this and besides she has always been portrayed as a shy and innocent little girl but yeah right…!!! Ha!!! I think Damon deserves to be treated better ans Elena needs to get over herself.! I’m just saying!!!

Lexi

SO THEY CAN LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER
NO OFFENSE STEFAN YOUR HOT AND ALL BUT DAMON IS SO MUCH BETTER FOR HER
YOUR TO GOOD FOR HER WHERE AS DAMON HAS AN EDGE
DELENA FOREVER!!!!!!

Aline

Posted at 5:36 PM on November 2, 2012

So ACCURATE! This is not about Delena or Stelena, this is about the writes being unfair to Damon. Someone show this to Julie Plec, please.

Ljubica Som (@EpicDelena)

Posted at 5:28 PM on November 2, 2012

I HATE how they treat Damon! It needs to stop! They had million oportunities to see how good and selfless Damon is and they still treat him like some big bad guy… Stefan likes Klaus more than his own brother!

Ljubica Som (@EpicDelena)

Posted at 5:25 PM on November 2, 2012

OMG! THANK you for this!!!!! Those are my thought EXACTLY and Julie Plec needs to give us some serious answers… We deserve that much because this truly SUCKS!

dragon

Posted at 5:11 PM on November 2, 2012

Just for the sake of Nina Dobrev I watch vampire diaries:)
Nina(Elena)star of the show and the most beautiful in the world!Damon or Stefan? To spit!

Lexi

Posted at 5:07 PM on November 2, 2012

Elena will always choose Stefan and will always come back to Stefan!

Katt

Posted at 5:05 PM on November 2, 2012

Klaus and Elena the beautiful couple:)

Jennacol

Posted at 5:04 PM on November 2, 2012

if Elena becomes a human, it is the show end. For me (

raqi

Posted at 5:03 PM on November 2, 2012

i am a delena fan just to be clear about this but i think he should leave town(wait don’t go to the next comment yet). if he leaves town elena will realize that she loves him a lot and would want to be with him i don’t think that elena is hurting damon on purpose i think that being a new vamp her emotions are all over the place she loves stefan from when she was human and now she has those memories back about damon and she’s a bit mad that he blocked the love out but under that is love

Pella

Posted at 5:00 PM on November 2, 2012

Only Stelena!!!!!!!

Tinna

Posted at 4:59 PM on November 2, 2012

Human-vampire-again human!Stupidity!Julie-NO!!!

Katerina

Posted at 4:58 PM on November 2, 2012

Team Delena Always And Forever ! This is true love !

Win

Posted at 4:56 PM on November 2, 2012

I do not want Elena human! Only vampire! And the new boy for Elena! The old boring!

Shaun

Posted at 4:49 PM on November 2, 2012

It would be rather nice if a character on the show would actually talk to Elena and be “Team Damon.” There are characters who have taken sides like Caroline team SE, and Bonnie although I’m not sure if Bonnie is more team SE or if she is just Anti-Damon haha. Then you have characters like Rose/Meredith who have team DE stuff but it’s never to Elena like her friends tend to be.

Gives the whole choice thing from the end of S3 a new prespective when you think about it from Elena’s point of view. Choose Stefan, and all her friends acceptance. Or Damon and very likely be shunned for it by all.

Especially after this episode, with the whole I don’t want to be like Damon/Damon is taking advantage of her storyline continueing to play out, I would like to see Damon leave town/attempt to leave town to get away from SE. Just so we can see someone (pref. Elena) stop him from leaving, or get him to come back. He has played the part of the pursuer the entire season wheter it was going after Katherine, Elena or Stefan. It would be nice for someone else to go after him for once in this show.

❥Somerholic. (@IanS_DamonS)

Posted at 6:18 PM on November 2, 2012

DELENA!!! *-*

Marie-Therese Ward (@Marese73)

Posted at 7:20 PM on November 2, 2012

Yea i agree. Its not that she doesn’t want Damon, but more that she doesn’t want to be the girl that changed her mind! At the beg of 404 she promised Stefan she wud be true to him and when she is out havn fun with Damon she feels guilty when Bonnie sees her. Damon is challenging everything she believes because she can now understand where he is coming from. She can’t judge anymore because now that she is in the same position herself and she knows Damon has been right all along. From the start Stefan has been pretending to be something he’s not, regardless of whether or not he has her best interests at heart, I wudn trust him and here he is lying again. to Damon and Elena and all his friends. i dont think it will take long for Damon to see thru it again and realise that Stefan is hiding something. Its getn kinda old Elena flitting back and forth between them, its like she doesnt want to let Stefan down and her friends down. While we’re on it….Whats with Stefan compelling everyone left right and centre this season when he’s still on his bunny diet and how come he got so strong……and Caroline she’s at it too! Everyone conveniently forgot all bout Stefans little Klefan disappearing act last season and he’s back in favour without so much as a I’m sorry. There was no mention of Bonnie jumping Klaus into Tyler at the end of S3 either, not to mention of her disobeying the natural laws when is suits her purposes. None of them can afford to judge and you would think all this would be strengthening their bond but Damon continues to take the flack for everything.

Dani

Posted at 11:36 AM on November 3, 2012

THANK YOU!! You say what I’m thinking. Just – in my opinion she didn’t choose Stefan only because of the friends acceptance. I think she just chose the safe option. For me she seems to be scared of her own feelings. Damon means thrill and challenge, and she isn’t able to handle that yet.(still she isn’t able to stay away from it…) Her behaviour at the party proved that to me – she clearly enjoyed it and then got scared about herself.
And you are right! Damon should leave Mystic Falls! Watching Elena taking him for granted and hurting him over and over again is making me sick!!! When he is gone, she maybe finally realizes what she has lost.

mvk

Posted at 4:15 PM on November 2, 2012

Andy, I agree with everything you said. Elena has been doing this to Damon for four years now, except now it’s heightened because she is a vamp. Bonnie has always been a buzzzzkill when it comes to Damon. She thinks Elena should treat and dislike Damon just as she does. Elena needs to tell her to back off when it come to Damon and her life. Elena has always let her friends control her life and thoughts. She is so whimpy and whishy whashy. I am just about done with Elena. And I have come to the conclusion that she will never give Damon a chance. She would rather string boring Stefan along and dream about Damon. Damon knows her better than Stefan does and he alone can help her, not Stefan. I don’t understand why Caroline told Stefan that he was the one who helped her be what she was. Caroline did most of it on her own with a lot of common sense.

Jay

Posted at 4:39 PM on November 2, 2012

Couldnt have said it better myself!