Britney Spears: Why I Let Diamond White Go From ‘X Factor’

Fri, November 2, 2012 12:54pm EDT by 82 Comments
Britney Spears Diamond White X Factor
Getty, Courtesy of Fox

woodman

Posted at 5:15 AM on November 7, 2012

Diamond White must come back

TAWANDA Mizelle

Posted at 8:38 PM on November 5, 2012

I agree that Diamond should not have gone home. But guess what they made the same mistake with Jennifer Hudson. We will definitely see Diamond White because her singing is amazing and effortless. I cant wait to support her. I think they did her a favor. WTG X-Factor!

nanaly

Posted at 6:14 PM on November 5, 2012

Last week was my last time watching x factor after seeing how stupid Britney decision was,Now I’m only watching the voice, at least they’re funny

pete snazzytown.com pete

Posted at 8:57 PM on November 6, 2012

me too will never look at it again britney = dope

Sylvain

Posted at 2:25 PM on November 5, 2012

Let’s look at the bright side. If they mess up and cut Carly Rose next week we can all turn our television sets off on Wednesdays and Thursdays and read some good books for the rest of the season.

Chris

Posted at 1:46 PM on November 5, 2012

Diamond White stood out as a star from the very first time I saw and heard her. She has so much potential to be a HUGE star. She is a gem with spirit and unbelievable talent!!!

Sylvain

Posted at 1:01 PM on November 5, 2012

Diamond, Arin, Beatrice and Carly Rose all deserved to move ahead. Many other acts did not. The only thing you can blame Spears for is that she is boring to death. They should make Beatrice Miller the judge and mentor. Her comments are always lively and interesting which is more than you can say about Britney. That whole group is (was) incredible. What an incredibly mature bunch of kids. The show will sorely miss Diamond. They could use her talent to boost their ratings.

Cutting her was a big mistake in my opinion. They should have cut a weaker act from another mentor. Oddly enough it seems that xfactor needed Diamond more than Diamond needed them. On second thought, they should actually cut Britney Spears. Sorry Brit, you kinda suck.

The judges comments regarding Sonenclar’s performance were way out in left field too. Are you kidding me? She is thirteen years old. OMG, she was amazing. Britney should have stood up to defend her more aggressively.

Sylvain

Posted at 1:38 AM on November 5, 2012

What I find really sad is that Diamond White is going home while Jason Brock, Vino Alan and Cece Frey are still in. What a shame.

julia

Posted at 11:56 PM on November 4, 2012

Brittany are you trying to win x factor or lose. if you wanted to win you should have kept Diamond White in the competition.

Rehanna

Posted at 11:17 PM on November 4, 2012

I was totally upset by the elimination of David and Diamond White. They both were my pure favourites. Diamond could sing better than Beatrice atleast why was Beatrice through at first. Tsk tsk. I aint watching anything anymore!!

Candice

Posted at 10:49 AM on November 5, 2012

I say we boycott and none of the public vote at all! This competition should be fair, and clearly it is NOT!

Ross

Posted at 10:24 PM on November 4, 2012

I have tried so hard to understand what could have gone through Britney’s head when she made that decision but I can’t! I mean where we watching the same performance? And that reason she just gave you, “eye of the tiger” takes the cake!! What does that even mean?
Diamond shouldn’t have been in the bottom two to begin with! I am so done with the X factor!

Lorna Gill

Posted at 9:21 PM on November 4, 2012

I think Britney should leave the show. She does not have the judgiing skills. I will no longer watch the show. Diamond White should still be there. That’s what’s the show is about.

Lorna Gill

Posted at 9:35 PM on November 4, 2012

I’m glad to see so MANY, MANY people agreed with me. Bring Diamond White back!

cindy dornon

Posted at 5:55 PM on November 4, 2012

brittany cant sing or dance, so how can she judge anyone. Daimnond white has the whole package her name alone says it all and Arin is your less than average singer and jenelle garcia, was horriible and sleezy. The teeny boper crowd is way over the top loud and production needs to tone them down so people could hear them sing and leave out the extra crap with these chosen 16, its sloppy and get rid of the female annoucer.

Sylvain

Posted at 1:19 PM on November 5, 2012

Hey Cindy, sorry to burst your bubble but Jennel is not even mentored by Spears. FYI, the show will need to hang on to the nipple flashing host to boost their ratings if they keep cutting their most talented contestants.

dtm

Posted at 5:11 PM on November 4, 2012

You could see on Britney’s face that the decision was made for her when she was watching the young man singing. The young black performers have been set up to look silly. The song and backgrounds, and the outfits they were given made them look like circus performers. LA REED where are you put a stop to this.

Sylvain

Posted at 2:02 PM on November 5, 2012

Allow me to disagree with you. Maybe Demi messed up a bit with Willie but Paige and Diamond had awesome costumes and choreography. Two of the best acts in my humble opinion. Their song choices were also excellent. Lyric 145 rocked the house down and had everybody on their feet. There was nothing wrong with any of the African American contestant’s performances. Even Willie did extremely well despite the fact that his mentor did not put him in his best light.

FYI, the young man that Spears picked to advance is also African American and he gave an equally flawless performance. I don’t see your point.

L.A. Reed did have negative comments towards every single African American performer. I find that a bit odd given the quality of the performances.

logan

Posted at 2:54 PM on November 4, 2012

I think Britney Spears should go home….Why is this uneducated, ignorant, and bored-looking woman even a judge on this show? Spears lacks affect and intelligence….She is inarticulate and incapable of being a mentor to anyone……How does she justify being a judge on this show? If Diamond White had LA Reid or Simon Cowell as a Mentor she would have won the X FACTOR….She is a real star and has the whole package……I wish Simon would fire the stupid and over-rated Spears, and bring back the super-talented Diamond White….Yes, get rid of SPEARS and bring back DIAMOND WHITE….

Kaiulani

Posted at 6:49 AM on November 4, 2012

Britney made the right choice! Diamond is talented but only 1 can become The XFactor. So a lot of talented contestants have been/ will be eliminated. Britneys decision was based on the contestants Live Show/Sing for Survival performance. Some of the contestants including Diamond didn’t perform to their potential.

The XFactor is an individual who is unique, stands outs from the rest, a one of a kind, an individual who can offer the music industry something new & fresh.

Diamond has a nice voice but there is already a voice like Diamonds in the industry “China ann Mclain”

In my opinion, Diamond has a nice voice! But does not have The XFactor. She could sing and hit notes but she can’t twist those notes & tear it up like for instance Dinah Jane. Dinah Jane “Can Sing” now she has The XFactor!! She took a song from Beyonce ” If I were a Boy” & tore it up! For someone to take a song from Beyonce and do it justice, that individual can mutha f**ken’ sing!!!!

BA

Posted at 2:47 PM on November 4, 2012

shut up FFS. You are as dumb as britney.

julia

Posted at 11:48 PM on November 4, 2012

Were you smoking crack before you wrote this nonsense. You are as stupid as brittany if you really believe what you wrote.

Vince

Posted at 6:09 AM on November 4, 2012

It is such a privilege for all of us to witness the many stupid decisions that Britney makes throughout her lifetime. I knew when given the opportunity on Xfactor she would not disappoint – deliver it she did!!! This ranks up there with the shaved head and lesbian freak show she did some years ago. Oh…. I am gonna go read stupid blonde jokes to take my mind of this mess!

Marty mix up

Posted at 11:43 AM on November 4, 2012

Agreed

Jojo

Posted at 3:15 AM on November 4, 2012

Britney put herself in an impossible position by even putting those two in the bottom. And her reasoning is lame because Diamond has more maturity, charisma, charm, talent, and confidence in her pinky than most people, much less a 13 year old. I lost most of my reason to even watch this show anymore. Bring back Diamond! Someone please start a campaign.

yggvon

Posted at 7:42 AM on November 4, 2012

I agree with you 100% if Diamond White does not return to Xfactor everyone should quit watching that show. DIAMOND WHITE should be the first to be saved by Britney. she has the talent.

Mindi

Posted at 1:05 AM on November 4, 2012

I dont like previews bangs either

NYC

Posted at 1:27 AM on November 4, 2012

Britney is an IDIOT!!!! Diamond should have been one of her first selections to SAVE and the rest could have battled it out!!!

trntoday

Posted at 12:06 AM on November 4, 2012

Britney Spears is a dingbat, should have never been hired.

we all hate your decision

Posted at 11:59 PM on November 3, 2012

please bring Diamond back, she is the only reason i like the x factor, no one there can sing like her, every time i listen to her I stop just to enjoy her, and you don’t have to find the ” factor” is someone eyes, because it comes for the heart not the eyes. i’m really angry at you Britney.

v.bell

Posted at 8:34 PM on November 5, 2012

bring diamond back that was the only reason why i watch it.am so dam angry right now.somebody will give a record deal.when u have good talent like that and they didnt even put her threw. why is this dam show on.everybody take a look at the people they choose would u by there music be honest.we all hate your decision miiss spears.

Katie

Posted at 9:32 PM on November 3, 2012

Britt if you wanted to win you should have kept Diamond! Straight BS the other night! XFactor got it wrong this time!

IHATEBRITTNEYSPEARSNOW

Posted at 8:59 PM on November 3, 2012

BRITTNEY DID NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION JUST LIKE SHE SCREWWWS UP EVERYTHING CAN U PLEASE JUST BRING BACK DIAMOND, for god sakes

Jessica Auger

Posted at 12:39 AM on November 4, 2012

Britney didnt screw up. Beatrice, Carly and Arin are more mature that Diamond. She has a great voice, but needs to grow up more.

yggvon

Posted at 7:48 AM on November 4, 2012

If you said that about Diamond White, that simply means you are just as confused as Britney

John

Posted at 2:49 PM on November 4, 2012

another dumby like britney.

julia

Posted at 11:53 PM on November 4, 2012

You are as stupid as brittany. To say that Diamond is not mature is the same as saying birds can’t fly.

Marty mix up

Posted at 11:46 AM on November 4, 2012

I will not watch the rest of this season bring on idol at least the save can reverse stupidity like this

Marty from snazzytown.com

Posted at 11:54 AM on November 4, 2012

So true

kereen

Posted at 2:16 PM on November 5, 2012

simon pease go get diamond back on the show she is a winner.

James

Posted at 8:09 PM on November 3, 2012

BRITANY: Sending Diamond White home is like tossing out your ace of hearts. What are you thinking, duh? Ms. White would have won this compitition for you.

Maga

Posted at 7:39 PM on November 3, 2012

Pls bring back Diamond White , it’s not abt the color of yo skin it’s abt talent

Lilly Lu

Posted at 9:03 PM on November 3, 2012

You are stupid. Why bring color when Britney had to pick between 2 blacks..? Britney f’ed up, Diamond could have win the whole thing….

maj lan

Posted at 1:06 PM on November 4, 2012

I have been watching every X factor series for the past 3 years. I have never ever written a comment even when I saw silly and stupid decision clearly been made. But when I saw Diamond White treatment, i could not help myself any more. This is to me the worst ever decision ever made on X factor. This lady poses very young lovely and delightful sole, it was such a joy watching her sing. Her singing was coming straight from her heart and you can easily relate to every word. She is a natural artist, who did not even had to try too hard. It may sound like a stretch to some but I can see in her the lady version of the late Michael Jackson. Beatrice and Carly are not even at the same level. Britney left herself in such a VERY bad position when she secured them first. I hope someone in X Factor management have the guts to a make the right decision and bring her back. Let the America vote for the champions and see who will win!