Britney Spears: Why I Let Diamond White Go From ‘X Factor’

Fri, November 2, 2012 12:54pm EDT by 82 Comments
Britney Spears Diamond White X Factor
Getty, Courtesy of Fox

Kingkong203 Instagram

Posted at 7:13 PM on November 3, 2012

Omfg wtf !!! She is so crazy I’m so disappointed in Britney !!! Wow them other girls she saved couldn’t match up to ms. White talent omg !!! The girls she saved should of sign off she’s no judge no no way !! Omg

Simon

Posted at 6:35 PM on November 3, 2012

All I can say is Diamond Whites talent astonished me and everybody I know and I am a 50 year old white male! I have seen many firsts on talent shows in my life and she was the real thing without any doubt. How she got ousted from this competition is utterly amazing and I don’t know if watching the rest of this show makes any sense.

Carlos

Posted at 5:01 PM on November 3, 2012

What’s funny is that Diamond sings better than Britney. Who thought Britney Spears would be a good judge? When she is not a good judge of character herself. She has issues, big ones I may add. X Factor has lost about half of the viewers than last year, to about 9 million. Now with Kloe to 6.24 million viewers. Bad decision on the X Factor to bring them in.

kelbell

Posted at 12:54 PM on November 3, 2012

I loved Diamond and carly these two should have been the two that were safe. What I dont get is why the mentor got to pick the two that where safe I think it shoud have been up to the other three judges. The mentors have worked with contestents and I feel britney has her favorite. Every time she talks about beatrice she says “shes the best” we all now shes good but the best? These are young kids do they need a mentor that singles one as the best.

Demi had a connection with someone in the young adult group but she still did the job of keeping the higher talent in her group Im sure that was hard.

Jose Ortiz

Posted at 12:53 PM on November 3, 2012

Bring Diamond Back. Send Britney home.

Bailey

Posted at 10:45 AM on November 3, 2012

It’s EXTREMLEY upsetting that Britney would make such an unwise decision to eliminate Diamond White. What’s wrong with her!? Even the most toned deaf could hear that Diamond was a better vocalist than Arin Ray! Don’t get me wrong, Arin is a good singer but compared to Diamond…no. In my opinion, Carly Rose and Diamond White should have automatically been saved and Arin and Beatrice should have sung their ‘Save Me’ song. Beatrice is also an amazing vocalist but Diamond and Carly are the best in the teen group. I believe that Arin is the least talented when it comes to vocals but he DOES have the looks, style and charm and THAT’S why Britney saved him. The X Factor is a vocal competition, not a cuteness competition.
Next Time, we should vote for judges and I would not vote for Britney. She obviously doesn’t know what she’s doing.

wayne

Posted at 10:09 AM on November 3, 2012

time to get rid of Britney…she doesn’t have a clue whats going on…not worth watching this show anymore

trasae

Posted at 8:31 AM on November 3, 2012

First, I don ‘t think we need to attack Britney on a personal level on these post. I do not agree with her choice at all, but it does not mean I think she is crazy or on drugs. She is human and sees something in Beatrice that we may be missing. I thing arin was the one who should have left because his save me song was weak and he had a bad attitude. Did anyone else notice his body language when Diamond grab his hand?

Second, Britney was not the only one to get it wrong. In fact, Simon was the only one to get it right. Very dissappointed that the public was not able to have input

Someone mentioned earlier that there is some sort of wildcard round where contestants can be voted bac on. I hope that is true because I think Diamond would be back for sure.

Steve

Posted at 6:41 AM on November 3, 2012

Diamond White is unreservedly the most talented on the show. I really feel if the show is to retain its likeability, they need to bring her back to justify true talent select. If not, I for one will not be watching the show again from Dubai. Britney has got it wrong.

Dolphindan

Posted at 6:08 AM on November 3, 2012

as a 40 year old whilte male…I had proclaimed Diamond White the winner to my family…I was absolutely shocked at this decision and thought Beatrice or Erin Ray should go…but to me it was the hardest category cause all 4 were are great singers…I hope Mrs White sticks with it and does get a contract cause she does have an amazing voice.

XFan

Posted at 3:36 AM on November 3, 2012

Bring back Diamond White, do the right thing X Factor

deen

Posted at 1:45 AM on November 3, 2012

guys brittney is going off her meds again .even a half deaf idiot could see diamond was supposed to be in the top 2 i thought simon told her to stay off drugs.simon she needs to be fired she can’t choose good songs and she can’t spot pure talent .boy leona are u glad not to have to deal with her or what.pure fail i like u as a person but as a mentor u suck

Steel

Posted at 12:34 AM on November 3, 2012

Oh my God. I can’t believe she actually said “eye of the tiger”, like Apollo Creed said to Rocky in “Rocky 3″.

What’s she going to look for next, someone who can “take it to a whole ‘nother level”?

T Drollinger

Posted at 12:31 AM on November 3, 2012

Brittany is either a total idiot or incredibly smart. Idiot for sending her home or a genious for knowing that there will be a wild card pick come back next week and Diamond will be the pick of all or at least the majority of the judges. Thus, having all four of her contestants again!! Similar to Simon’s screw up last year.

LindaY.

Posted at 12:21 AM on November 3, 2012

That was so dumb to let her she had one of the best voices.

karkam

Posted at 8:12 PM on November 2, 2012

I think Diamond White has more talent than what Britney Spears will EVER have in her life. Maybe that is why she got eliminated!! Mentor envy!!

Bailey

Posted at 10:46 AM on November 3, 2012

Lol! I agree!

LittleMo

Posted at 8:11 PM on November 2, 2012

Dee Jones: You need to read Kandy’s comment again. She didn’t say Diamond White should kill herself – she said Britney should kill herself for sending Diamone home. And that, by the way, is equally ignorant as no one should be told to lose their life over this nonsense.

As for the “why” Nicole is 100% right – she hit the nail on the head. These competitions are about far more than just the quality of the voice. Some of the most successful bands in history have people in them who can barefly carry a tune. No one is ever going to say Mick Jagger has a good voice and yet look at the Rolling Stone – 50 years and still going strong. Jennifer Lopez can sing but her voice is hardly “boom!’ quality and yet she is wildly successful. Christina Aguilera can actually sing and sing very well, yet her success rate is in the toilet compared to where she was with “Genie in a Bottle.” Taylor Swift can’t write a song without breaking up with a boyfriend first – and after what she did to that duet with Steve Nicks and “Stop Dragging My Heart Around” no one wants to hear her off-pitch yodel. And Britney herself can’t pay tribute to anybody – she completely butchered Bobby Brown’s “My Perogative.”

Then you have Kelly Clarkson who can actually sing – we still remember who she is but would hardly call her a megastar. Jessica Simpson, whatever anyone might think of her, also has a voice and a talent for song – career going nowhere. The list here can go on and on.

The point is, again, Nicole is right and she gave the perfec example of Rachel Crowe from last year. These talent shows are throwing their influence, their publicity departments, and their MONEY behind the aritst who wins. They have no control over who the public votes for but they can control who they keep around for the viewers to choose from. And they are picking those that are the most marketable to the widest group of musical tastes.

Billy Bragg Frazier

Posted at 7:37 PM on November 2, 2012

I only watched XFACTOR to see Diamond White shine. I too think that Britney is a talentless artist who, got lucky to make it in this business. Diamond is truly a pint size Megastar with her voice but most importantly her poise at the age of 13 years old. Diamond took the elimination like a true champ, therefore she will rise again bigger and better than Xfactor could have ever dreamed.

Yelah

Posted at 7:21 PM on November 2, 2012

I completely agree big mistake i think the two girls weren’t good at all and arin was ok but diamond could win it all Bad Job Britney

khanaamir2Bhaijan

Posted at 1:32 AM on November 3, 2012

100% agreed, one of the white girls can easily be eliminated. She made a huge mistake, sometimes I wonder “Does she even know the music” to me it was just a bias decision.

Dolphindan

Posted at 6:11 AM on November 3, 2012

Carley rose and Beatrice are great singers and Carly Rose may win if she can get by Emblem 3…BUt I agree Diamond White is amazing and didnt deserve to go home

Alec

Posted at 7:07 PM on November 2, 2012

Britney must be going crazy again. Arin was horrid and both of those other girls sounded terrible. What was she hearing? Thought Diamond was the best in the competition since day 1. Even among the other age groups

jo

Posted at 6:50 PM on November 2, 2012

I thought Diamond could win the whole competition. Arin bores me. There is a reason why he didn’t make it last year as a single vocalist…

Dolphindan

Posted at 6:12 AM on November 3, 2012

Erin was in a group put together like 1432….he was not a individual…know before you post

Flor

Posted at 5:07 PM on November 2, 2012

The only thing i can say is that Diamond should not have gone home. She was one of the best. Better than more than half the other contestants. I am shocked at Britney’s decision, since Diamond was one of my top favorites…

Carol

Posted at 4:33 PM on November 2, 2012

Right decision? Diamond doesnt deserve to be on the last 2!! Beatrice with Arin in the bottom, of course. Simon said the same!!

Nicole!! What are you saying? If you are right, Beatrice, Carly and Arin will be the same! They are going to sell them to are pre-teens and Disney audience, And Diamond has a better voice and the x factor than Beatrice…

Nicole

Posted at 3:19 PM on November 2, 2012

Let’s get real here, Diamond White has an amazing voice, but the only audience she’s going to sell to are pre-teens and Disney audience. It’s the same thing that happens on always every singing competition. Look at Rachel Crow last season. She was undoubtedly one of the best singers, but she went home early. Just because you have a good voice doesn’t mean you have the “X” factor. Having a good voice alone doesn’t sell records.

Arian Ray may not have a voice as good as Diamond, but clearly, he’s marketable. They’re looking for the WHOLE package.

Michelle

Posted at 8:33 PM on November 2, 2012

Nicole, Rachael Crow was VOTED off by the public not by judges. This case, Diamond should not have even had to sing for survival, and tell me how many African American teen sing for Disney and appeal to Disney audience? Please! if you are going to respond to this question please have at least a 50/50 ratio, not just one name because over the years Disney had many.

William Hunter

Posted at 9:14 AM on November 3, 2012

This is not a racist statement just true.When a black singer wins, the producers produce R&B songs, which is ok not very good one’s most of the time. but, that’s what happens.Thus not the record sales they would like. I would like to think that we now live in a country that the best should be rewarded,But if the record producer’s dont select or produce great cross over music the same thing will keep happen.its about the nickels and dimes.They dont choose the best black singers because they will win.Thous less record sales less profit.when a black contestent win they have to have great music producers, writters the hole nine yards.White people will buy black singer’s,But again they dont want them winning all the time.If a Black was making everyone rich by picking the best stock and doing his job accordingly no one would care his black, they just want to b rice no matter that the person is black.Point is they not getting the results they want .The advertiser is not saleing.Unless they are a michael Jackson or somebody you will keep seeing this. I stop watching American Idol , and the voice for the same reason.The Voice would pair the best black singer with a black singer that could hardly sing then pick the lesser. making sure the black can’t win the hole thing. People please, understand this is not racist on my part just the way i think it is. If u had 7 black ball player’s winning all the time but no one would come to see them.but you had 7 white player’s loosing all the time but, they sale out the building year after year which would u go with.

Tori

Posted at 3:00 PM on November 2, 2012

Britney didn’t made the right decision! I love Britney Spears, but I didn’t liked the decision that Diamond had to go home. Diamond is amazing and she should’ve stayed!

Kandy

Posted at 4:13 PM on November 2, 2012

Britney should kill herself. She wanted to keep the acts that resembled her. No talent

Dee Jones

Posted at 6:55 PM on November 2, 2012

Kandy, you are an IDIOT to suggest a 13 year old “kill herself”. You have a right to your opinion of her talent, but you went TOO FAR. Karma is something else… Be careful what you wish on others…

BJ

Posted at 8:09 PM on November 2, 2012

Dah, she said that Britney should not the 13-year-old should. I believe Britney made a bad choice, and should’ve never sent Diamond home. I think that she was thinking with her lower desire. Wrong choice!

Steel

Posted at 12:39 AM on November 3, 2012

Britney’s picks were completely upside down. It should have been Carly and Diamond White who were safe. Then, Beatrice and Arin should have sung for survival, and Beatrice probably should have gone home because her voice is too hoarse.

Instead, Britney got rid of Diamond, choose Carly second (which was an insult), and saved Beatrice.