‘X Factor’ Recap: Demi Lovato Flirts With Emblem 3 On First Live Show

Wed, October 31, 2012 11:16pm EDT by 25 Comments
X Factor October 31
Courtesy of Fox (2)

LILILOVATOC4EVA!

Posted at 7:11 AM on November 20, 2012

SIMON I HATE UU!!! THIS IS THE 1ST TIME THAT DEMI WORKING AS A JUDGE!! WHAT DOES HE DO!! HE KNOWS THAT WORK SO LONGGG!!! I HATE U SIMON SOO RUDE!!! LOVE U DEMI DONT GIVE UP STAY STRONG!

cindy

Posted at 9:21 PM on November 15, 2012

Emblem3 is my favorite and I really hope they win<3

Brooke

Posted at 7:49 PM on December 7, 2012

They friken awsome LOVE YOU GUYZ E3 !!!! But i reeeealllllyy want to know which one demi likes !!

Michelle O

Posted at 2:22 AM on November 4, 2012

okay so idk how people think Emblem3 are being douchey cause i never even thought that whenever they performed or spoke or ANYTHING! wtf. people crazy. i watch interviews of them on youtube & they seem so chill and they write their own music. so i dont get why people dont like them when they are amazingly talented and have great stage presense, pshh
whateverr! here’s a peace sigh to all their haterzz! :)

Maria Fuentes

Posted at 11:38 PM on November 3, 2012

i now the emblem 3

Setra

Posted at 10:07 PM on November 1, 2012

I agree with your top two favorites, I also liked Emblem 3’s cover of Matisyahu’s “One Day,” even though they have a horrible attitude most of the time. I also love Carly Rose, I love her style and the quality of her voice, I think she’s my favorite in this competition! I’m glad I watched last night on my Dish Hopper. It gave me and my DISH coworkers plenty to talk about today at work. I recorded it with the PrimeTime Anytime feature and set this up to record all prime time programming that comes on the four major networks, without setting up individual timers. I can’t wait to see what happens on tonight’s episode!

Babar Suhail

Posted at 5:14 PM on November 1, 2012

What the hell did Demi do with her girls. I loved Jennel with her curly hair. Ce ce now comes off more unlikable as a blonde and Paige looks like a middle age woman with her “shaved head”.

An cab

Posted at 4:31 PM on November 1, 2012

I honk you’re so right on about the performances! I mean are these contestants being punked! I liked many of these artists prior to the live view and the make-unders in many cases were ridiculous! I think emblem3 will win this! I loved them, they have talent and pop star good looks!

Lisa

Posted at 10:51 AM on November 1, 2012

You are definitely right that Emblam 3 can come across “douchy” but they are all adorable and seem quite genuine. They were amazing last night!!!

Mariana

Posted at 10:30 AM on November 1, 2012

Jennel Garcia…ALL.THE.WAY <3

kool

Posted at 6:22 AM on November 1, 2012

carly rae is going to be the winner

greer

Posted at 5:27 AM on November 1, 2012

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Demi is completely making over all of her contestants. Isn’t she the one who preaches to everyone don’t be afraid to be yourself and be comfortable in your own skin? Kind of hypocritical of her. Starting to think she’s a little fake. And she completely turned Jennel into a clone of herself Simon was right! But anyway the contestants weren’t as bad as this article makes them seem.

Kate

Posted at 4:33 AM on November 1, 2012

I really love Demi Lovato but I’m not so sure about her choices. Willie Jones’s voice was wasted on that song(and the outfit and the dancers were strange) and I didn’t really like any of the makeovers. Plus I didn’t like her comment about how she couldn’t see Vino as a pop star. Not everyone has to be a pop star to be successful.

Totally agree about Emblem3. The way they come off is definitely douchey but they have real talent.

1432 can definitley do better but they weren’t completely awful.

Steel

Posted at 4:15 AM on November 1, 2012

I’m jealous of Emblem 3 for having that effect on Demi. They’re too douchey to deserve her anyway.

lyn

Posted at 5:03 AM on November 1, 2012

You are simply jealous of Emblem 3 because you are not as HOT as them!

mel

Posted at 4:04 AM on November 1, 2012

They need to can khloe and just have Mario ride solo. She was soo annoying and NOT funny at all.

Steel

Posted at 4:18 AM on November 1, 2012

I’m still perplexed at why the Kardashians are not ashamed of their fame, considering that it is based on Kim’s sex tape.

bb

Posted at 1:56 AM on November 1, 2012

REALLY MEAN

KeriAnne

Posted at 12:05 AM on November 1, 2012

I thought Khloe did a fantastic job for her first time. It would be difficult to be on national tv hosting, live, for the first time.

I like Britney and she was ok. In fact I think everyone had their A game on. I enjoyed the show and will continue to watch.

dumas1000

Posted at 11:40 PM on October 31, 2012

Khloe came off as rude, and it was annoying. Lopez came off as Vanilla, which, of course, it how he always comes off. Britney was terrible and had nothing of value to offer to anyone. Same canned responses to every single performance. It was as if she wasn’t even watching them. Demi was very good. Simon and LA Reid were extremely unprofessional in the way they were uniformly bickering with each other and slamming each others contestants just out of competitive spite. However, the review here of the actual performances is way too harsh. I really don’t think that 12 out of the 16 performances were bad.

laura

Posted at 11:25 PM on October 31, 2012

Whoever wrote this, is really HARSH!

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 11:29 PM on October 31, 2012

I wanted to be honest! I think a lot of the contestants are WAY better than their performances tonight. I think they need to pick their own songs and stop listening to the judges.

RS

Posted at 12:50 PM on November 1, 2012

Hey Sharon, your commentary was dead on, please dont let the haters get to you.
MOST of the performances tonight was sub par… if anyone argues with you have them look at the audition tapes.
X factor is the ONLY show i have to change audio settings in my receiver to hear the contestants, the producers tweak the hell out of the audio and I cant imagine how terrible it sounds off a regular tv.
Looking forward to seeing your commentary after the results show!

Ally

Posted at 11:23 PM on October 31, 2012

My favorite is definetly emblem3!

giovana