A series of clues, including a few spoilers, hint that Stefan & Elena could be on the outs.
No matter which Vampire Diaries ship you sail, you’ve got to admit: Things are not looking up for Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev). Frightening hallucinations and uncontrollable urges to feed are drawing Elena closer to Damon (Ian Somerhalder), and given the recent news that a Mystic Falls couple is calling it quits, I can’t help but wonder if “Stelena” is headed for (another) breakup.
Here are four points of logic behind my theory:
1. Remember when Elena imagined Damon while having sex with Stefan on last week’s episode? Please remind me of a time someone on this show had a vision that didn’t, in some way, reflect their true suppressed feelings? That’s right, it’s never happened.
2. On tomorrow’s episode, Stefan tells Damon he’s “always going to be mad” that his brother let Elena feed on him. Why, you ask? Because blood-sharing, as Damon put it, is “personal.” It’s a connection Stefan isn’t able to break, try as he might.
3. While Stefan remains well-intentioned, Damon is the one giving Elena what she really needs this season: the ability to feed! Their adventures together — including their trip to Whitmore College tomorrow night — will only bond them further.
4. New spoilers reveal that Elena will make a “painful confession” to Stefan on the Nov. 15 episode, and while we don’t yet know what she’s admitting to, there’s really no such thing as a good painful confession.
It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of Damon — I happen to believe he’s the only one making any sense this season — but again, this is all just a theory. For all we know, it could be Bonnie and Jamie (yawn!) who end up splitting.
Do YOU think Stefan and Elena’s days as a happy couple are numbered, or am I letting my Damon-love cloud my judgment? Drop me a comment with your take on Elena’s future love life — or lack thereof.
— Andy Swift
More Vampire Diaries on HollywoodLife.com:
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Stefan Is ‘Always Going To Be Mad’ At Damon
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Pics: Damon & Elena Return To Wickery Bridge
- New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Damon Tells Elena To Quit Her ‘Pity Party’