Mrs. Jonas — Thank You For Finally Accepting Danielle Into The Family

Mon, October 29, 2012 4:59pm EDT by 21 Comments
Danielle Jonas Mother in Law
FameFlynet

On ‘Married To Jonas,’ we saw the strained relationship between Kevin’s wife Danielle and his Mom Denise. But in the season finale, there was an emotional breakthrough!

Danielle Jonas and Kevin Jonas have been happily married since December 2009, but becoming Mrs. Jonas wasn’t so easy for Danielle — particularly since she was the first woman besides Mama Jonas to enter the family!

Since the very beginning of the series, Danielle has tried incredibly hard to impress Mrs. Jonas — and in the season finale, she finally recognized all her efforts.

A Dinner Party Disaster

In the season premiere of the show, Danielle and Kevin throw a dinner party for his parents. Mrs. Jonas comes over and double checks all the food. She even comments that maybe they should put the chicken back in the oven so no one gets salmonella!

“Kevin’s mom is so put together, I get nervous around her because I don’t want to say the wrong thing. I’m afraid I’m going to say something stupid!” Dani admits.

Mama J Admits She Is “Impossible”

In the next episode, Mrs. Jonas complains to Kevin that she was disappointed that Dani put out paper napkins at the dinner party. The horror!

Poor Dani says, “Sometimes I feel like I can’t do anything right.” Kevin’s mother admits she feels like she can’t wait for the three more daughter-in-laws, so she can start over with each one.

Right after Mrs. Jonas says, “I get that I’m impossible,” Dani admits she has crippling anxiety and takes medication for her disorder.

Fast forward to the season finale, and Danielle is still trying her best to impress. Although she uses paper napkins again, Kevin hires a caterer to take the pressure off Danielle, and Danielle tries to decorate to perfection, starting with floating candles in the pool.

A Tearful And Honest Moment

Finally a breakthrough — “I just want you to feel comfortable,” Mama Jonas insists.

“I’m really proud of you. You’ve impressed me,” Mrs. Jonas tears up as she tells Dani.

I’m so happy Mrs. Jonas is finally appreciating the hard work Dani puts into her marriage with Kevin, despite her anxiety issues.

Dani’s Hard Work Pays Off

As a newly engaged person, I know how important is it to feel comfortable around your in-laws and how exhausting it can sometimes be to put your best foot forward every second you’re around them. It’s definitely necessary for there to be a comfort level as two families join together.

It’s hard enough to blend into another family as “normal” people, and much harder if it’s a rich, famous and public family like the Jonas family. I think Dani has done a great job so far!

I think it’s about time Danielle is accepting into the Jonas family, especially since a baby might not be too far away.

“Me and Dani are about to start trying to have a baby. I’m so ready for what the future holds,” Kevin said in the season finale.

Do you think Mrs. Jonas was too harsh on Danielle, HollywoodLifers?

[E!]

– Dory Larrabee

More ‘Married to Jonas’ News:

1. ‘Married To Jonas’ Recap: Dani Locks Kevin Out Of Their Bedroom
  2. ‘Married To Jonas’ Family: Kim Kardashian Gave Us Advice On Being Reality Stars
  3. ‘Married To Jonas’ Recap: Danielle & Kevin Have A ‘Big Announcement’

news article

Posted at 8:00 AM on February 7, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions shared using your blog. Something also important I would like to express is that weight reduction is not exactly about going on a dietary fads and trying to get rid of as much weight as you’re able in a couple of days. The most effective way to shed pounds is by acquiring it slowly but surely and using some basic suggestions which can allow you to make the most from the attempt to shed weight. You may know and be following most of these tips, yet reinforcing information never damages.

Rose

Posted at 12:40 AM on December 7, 2012

Mother-in-law from hell has the power to take the relationship to divorce! Trust me! They’re unhappy women who think that no woman is good enough, besides her, in her son’s life. She needs to cut the umbilical cord. Pronto!!

junk

Posted at 5:16 PM on December 25, 2012

you also fathers in law (girls father interfering and ruining guys family. women end of getting a lot for doing very little. we need to ensure women earns what they get. so leave mom in law alone because they need to protect the son from evil women

SPR

Posted at 9:41 PM on November 22, 2012

I think the Jonas family are wonderful and refreshing and decent. What a joy to see grown up children speak to their parents respectfully. Dani is beautiful, kind and gentle, she also comes from a wonderful family. In Australia, we have been subjected to the foul mouthed, disrespectful, trashy Kardashians (and that is just Kris Jenner, her offspring….. Words fail me!) we were beginning to think that was the norm in Amercan. I love watching a good, decent family. HOORAY,
Dani, please have faith in yourself, you are beautiful, funny etc. please ignore all the negative comments. Enjoy your marriage with Kevin, he loves you. Cheers.

Amanda

Posted at 5:52 PM on November 1, 2012

Kevin is nauseatingly self-focused.
Dani should do something with her life like maybe further her education..increase her vocabulary etc. She just sounds so dumb.
Mama Jonas should remind her social climbing self that she would still be a nobody with nothing if her sons had not become teenybopper heart-throbs….wonder who will give a crap about them in a few years…they have NO talent. When that happens…Mama Jonas can start using her paper napkins again!

Carmen

Posted at 8:45 PM on November 1, 2012

OMG you are sooooo mean spirited and very angry!

yeji

Posted at 3:22 PM on October 30, 2012

mama jonas didn’t even do anything lol
dani is the one that was freaking out, which is understandable.

Beth

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 30, 2012

I think dani is so sweet! She is breath of fresh air on the E! Network with all the fake girls that are on there. Never listened to the Jonas brothers but I am a fan of hers! I also find it so admirable that she never shies away from sharing her struggle with anxiety.

Carmen

Posted at 8:47 PM on November 1, 2012

I agree Beth! nd there are som many women jealous of Dani. You can hear the mean comments they make. Thats nothing but jealousy. Dani is beautiful inside and out!

SPR

Posted at 9:53 PM on November 22, 2012

Well well said.

Rose

Posted at 12:49 AM on December 7, 2012

Beth, you’re so wright! Dani is so brave to even consider making public such a private side in her life, especially at this age where a mental illness is still looked up as ‘there is something majorly wrong with you!” Good for Dani for setting an example for young generations that is ok to be vulnerable, but most of all be true to yourself. She is adorable! Really like her and love watching the show inspite of her witch mother in law. CAN’T STAND HER!

rylie

Posted at 2:25 PM on October 30, 2012

the younger mrs jonas looks like an ugly joker the makeup doesn’t help.

Lisa

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 31, 2012

I would like to see what you look like, I am sure people can say the same about you. Treat people as you would like to be treated.

myhrr

Posted at 7:40 PM on October 29, 2012

Jonas mom a MAJOR BEEOTCH!!!!!!!

Crystal

Posted at 7:06 PM on October 29, 2012

Technically she always accepted Dani.

dbs

Posted at 7:06 PM on October 29, 2012

Denise has let the money go to her head apparently. She says they came from nothing, but she comes off as a stuck up snob, very judgmental. Dani tell her to kiss your behind. Also, why is Denise pushing them to have a baby, they are still very young. Let them enjoy being married and spending time as a couple, there is plenty of time for a baby.

yeji

Posted at 3:24 PM on October 30, 2012

how is she stuck up? i don’t think she is. she never actually complained to kevin about dani so.

Goober

Posted at 6:44 PM on October 29, 2012

She needs to stop thinking she’s above everybody else. Who cares if it’s paper napkins? Worry about your daughter-in-law having panic attacks. THAT IS SERIOUS! The girl is NOT a gold digger. Loves her son. WANTS A BABY! She’s a sweet person. I think she’s jealous. He’s a great guy. (did a great job) She’s a great woman. THEY DID A GREAT JOB! Now, leave them alone to make that baby. She’s in a whole new situation than him. He’s use to it, she isn’t. I love them as a couple. I wish them nothing but the BEST!

yeji

Posted at 3:23 PM on October 30, 2012

but mama jonas was joking.. she never complained once to kevin

Deann

Posted at 5:27 PM on October 29, 2012

To be fair to Denise, she has been the only woman in her sons’ lives for many years and allowing someone else in can be hard, I knew Denise (Mama Jonas) when she was a young mother and she was warm and funny and a hoot to know. I am sure time and success has not changed her that much. The editing of reality TV may have added a few hard edges that aren’t really there.

SPR

Posted at 9:52 PM on November 22, 2012

I agree about the editing. They all seem like a very nice family. All new relationships need time to adjust. As a MIL myself I understand where Denise is coming from. They married in 2009, three years ago, I am sure they will all be fine.