‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Damon Steps In When Elena Loses Control

Thu, October 25, 2012 9:50pm EDT by 39 Comments
Damon Elena Vampire Diaries
Courtesy of The CW (2)

Zonnica

Posted at 7:56 AM on November 21, 2012

All for Damon and Elana ending up together. Stefan has no “personality” and is such a bore!

KatieWilders (@cianasanden)

Posted at 9:26 AM on October 31, 2012

okay, i totally think, hope and wish elena ends up with damon..or at least has some hot vamp-sex with him, i mean there are sooooo many more delena scenes than stelena, and the two times stelena were about to get hot and heavy it didnt happen, the first time because she threw up and the second because she thought about DAMON!! while kissing stefan she was thinking about damon, yeah i know she was getting all freaked by the wolf bite thing but when you hullucinate its about the things you like example you ask? heres one- rose and the horses and hill and sunlight- alll the things she loved! and just btw in my opinion all of the stelena scenes are kinda cheesy, like that one on the roof when they were looking at the stars and then that motorcycle thing? wth was that? anyway i think damon should end up with elena so stefen can get with caroline so tyler can get with the new girl whats her name? (pheobe) it all works out! DELENA FOREVER! i cannot wait for ‘The Five’ the amount of girly squeeling im going to do everytime elena looks at damon!!:D woo!

Jessie

Posted at 6:09 PM on October 28, 2012

Ok Damon and Elena are ending up together obviously There r so many delena scenes and so much more interesting and exciting things happening between Damon and Elena so much more chemistry. Stephan and Elena are so boring I mean the way they play their characters u cann tell Elena can’t wait to end up with Damon and Stephan end up with someone else he said it himself Stephan (Paul) even wants a new love interest if he wants a new love interest then that means Elena is going to end up with someone else ( Damon ). Stelena is so dry. Delena is juicy. And plus if Elena was going to have it with Stephan she would have already have done it instead she keeps getting interrupted with hallucinations about who she really should be with (Damon ) or puking she probably going to do it with Damon on episode 4 because zap2it said “the five” episode will be a memorable one with Damon and Elena.

lele

Posted at 3:41 PM on October 27, 2012

TEAM DELENA ALL DAYYYY!

azumah rejoice

Posted at 4:25 AM on October 30, 2012

delena all de way<3delena has to happen n u know it stelena fans.the writers should make it happen cause we the delena fans are fed up with this boring stelena scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lola

Posted at 10:02 AM on October 27, 2012

All the Stelenas are freaking because naughty Vamp Elena digs Damon! Everybody’s getting all preachy about “cheating” and “sloppy seconds” and whatnot.

Um, knock-knock, y’all. They’re vampires. They actually KILL people on this show every week. I don’t think a little dirty dancing and a wrist job now and again are the worst thing that could happen.

Plus all the underage drinking and shady politics going down in Mystic Falls is no small thing, either.

tania rahman

Posted at 2:36 AM on October 27, 2012

Of course Elena’s going to start hallucinating about Damon soon. Remind me why Rebekah is still around, the writers are trying to hard to push her onto the audience. She brings out Elena’s worst side (even when Elena was human). I have a theory that Rebekah and Klaus are still so mad at Tatia (Elijah seems to have gotten over her a long time ago) that having Elena around is an excuse to take revenge on her over and over again, if Rebekah hates her so much why does she follow her around so much? We all know that vampires can’t let things so easily.

maria

Posted at 5:26 PM on October 26, 2012

great episode. Loved Damon Klaus and Jeremy. Delena Scenes are the best. Delena forever!!! fantastic acting by Ian and Joseph as usual

Violet

Posted at 11:22 AM on October 26, 2012

Stelena sweet couple,I love them both.But I want to KElena!Klaus+Elena!Nina and Joseph most stunning!

DyDy

Posted at 10:35 AM on October 26, 2012

I like Damon and klaus working together

Mara

Posted at 9:19 AM on October 26, 2012

I love Elena as a vampire!!!!!NINA ROCKS!!!!!!

Lila

Posted at 9:13 AM on October 26, 2012

I want a lot of beautiful Stelena!

arzu

Posted at 12:57 PM on November 1, 2012

I can’t believe you. You speaking like idiot! We love damon. and forever TEAM DELENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :)

Tomas

Posted at 8:51 AM on October 26, 2012

Hayley,April and Meredith three boring character.Expel them.They are uninteresting.

d.harris

Posted at 8:09 AM on October 26, 2012

thank you for the great and wonderful analysis ANDY.let the wind begin to spiral,lets see where it lands.i cannot wait——

Stop

Posted at 6:43 AM on October 26, 2012

I like Stefan & Elena !!!

Mandy

Posted at 4:41 AM on October 26, 2012

This episode was, by far, the most fascinating. New relationships are developing galore (Stefan and Caroline’s scene, SERIOUSLY) and old resentments are still brewing. And who else didn’t believe Klaus was more brilliant than usual?

Ash

Posted at 5:42 AM on October 26, 2012

i agree. I adore klaus and caroline but i think stefan and caroline wud b perfect too. Im team Stelena but i believe Stefan deserves sumone better now. and Phoebe Tonkin was amazing, as usual and wud love to see tyler and hayley together.Klaus was really good. and damons exploding kitten dialouge..epic

mvk

Posted at 3:26 AM on October 26, 2012

Elena is starting to look uncomfortable with Stefan and really more at ease with Damon, not to mention she trust Damon more. When she needs help she goes to him. She needs Damon to teach her the ropes and I believe Stefan is starting to realize it but doesn’t want to admit it. Damon was always getting Stefan out of trouble and Elena too. It’s time for him to get the girl he loves. I hope the writers let it happen. Besides I don’t think Stefan likes vamp Elena as much as human Elena. He loves her, but I don’t think he likes her.

Vanessa

Posted at 3:05 AM on October 26, 2012

i like damon & elena..
they look great together.

Alaric

Posted at 2:55 AM on October 26, 2012

I love Elena as a vampire…and its good even if Matt and Rebekah ship together..

Annii

Posted at 2:50 AM on October 26, 2012

Ah frustrating. Im so over the whole damon and elena drama! She chose already cant understand why the creators are doing this.
I like stefan and elena they a cute and in love
I want kick ass bad boy damon not sappy in love damon, BRING back the old damon

Dolina

Posted at 2:27 AM on October 26, 2012

I Love Vampir Elena!!!Nina the best!!!

Phoebe Tonkin-bad actress!Monotonous!Remove it (

Tomas

Posted at 2:23 AM on October 26, 2012

I love Stefan and Elena.I do not like Damon.Only Stelena!!!!

delena fan

Posted at 2:01 AM on October 26, 2012

You are very funny Andy. Enjoyed your article very much. Well I’m Delena all the way, so all the scences with Delena are much appreciated. Hayley and Tyler had serious chemistry and I always thought that Caroline was to sweet for bad boy Tyler. I hated that scene last episode (4×02) when Caroline felt guilty about having sex, when so many people died. Tyler felt so pressuring to me in that scene. Matt and Rebecah could perhaps work, but I think it’s kind of sad (even though I love TVD) that every character in this show can start loving someone who has hurt or killed your friends and family. I think Stefan and Caroline could work quite well together, they are sweet, but I know many fans of this show are Klaroline fans (I’m not) and they would probably be really disappointed if she ended up with Stefan.

maren

Posted at 11:04 PM on October 25, 2012

Good episode…Is anyone else have the feeling that they may eventually hook Stefan and Caroline up? They have chemistry and even last semester there were moments were they had…something…And obviously, they are pushing Damon and Elena together…now that Caroline is helping Stefan, I wouldn’t be surprised…afterall, Stefan was in love with Elena as a human. It was her aliveness and humanity that he loved…time will tell.

maren

Posted at 11:04 PM on October 25, 2012

ha I meant last season…not semester…

emily

Posted at 11:30 PM on October 25, 2012

Only Delena’s or people pretending to be Stelena’s but are really Delena’s want Caroline and Stefan together. I don’t want them together. If Elena does sleep with Damon we NEVER EVER want Elena and Stefan to get back together. That whole epic love story was to keep people hanging on. Damon would help her and not his own brother. . If Elena does sleep with Damon really really hope that Stefan gets a new chick. This whole sloppy seconds/sleeping with my brothers ex is like watching Jerry Springer.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:21 AM on October 26, 2012

“This whole sloppy seconds/sleeping with my brothers ex is like watching Jerry Springer.”

They could probably benefit from a trip to Jerry.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:20 AM on October 26, 2012

I’ve been waiting for Stefan & Caroline to become a thing since he first taught her how to be a vampire. And the wheels are definitely in motion, especially with Hayley coming between Tyler & Caroline.

emily

Posted at 1:21 AM on October 26, 2012

They need new chicks on this show. I do not want Stefan bedding Caroline, Damon’s done that. Find Stefan a newbie. I’ve been waiting for Bonnie and Damon, at least they’d be new.

azumah rejoice

Posted at 4:28 AM on October 30, 2012

i luv that andy

Anna

Posted at 10:51 PM on October 25, 2012

I LOVE VAMP ELENA <33333 Nina Dobrev rocks! Damon was perfect in this episode,I love the Damon/Meredith scenes too,Torrey is so pretty :) I really DGAF about Rebekah.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:20 AM on October 26, 2012

You DGAF about Rebekah?! She may not be pivotal to the story right now, but she’s so funny… and such a bitch. I love her.

anam

Posted at 10:30 PM on October 25, 2012

DELENA FOREVER<3 I absolutely adore vampire Elena n I love how her n Damon r getting all close n comfortable around each other. They r immune to battling evil, but when Elena really needs n confides in someone, its Damon because she loves him. DE fans rejoice…!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:21 AM on October 26, 2012

I have a feeling you’ll be doing a lot more rejoicing next week ;-)

Lacy (@lace0586)

Posted at 4:47 PM on October 26, 2012

I hope so!!! We deserve it. We got punched in the face a time or two. Stefan is sweet and I just think he needs to work on himself before being able to be with Elena again. I think he loved/s Elena for the humanity and compassion thats in her and I see that her feeling may be changing so I know Stefan is going to find himself wondering if they are still right for eachother. He just needs time. I am a die hard Delena fan. And I am so looking forward to thier “climax” this season! yummy!

azumah rejoice