‘X Factor’ Recap: Demi Lovato Breaks Down In Tears As Top 16 Are Revealed

Wed, October 24, 2012 9:11am EST by 11 Comments
Demi Lovato Crying X Factor
Courtesy of FOX

The Top 16 is finally revealed on the Oct. 23 episode of ‘X Factor’ with a shocking elimination no one saw coming!

Picking up where we left off before baseball ruined everything, Demi Lovato had just told Willie Jones and Jennel Garcia the good news that they both made it through to the live shows on The X Factor. Up next, rapper Nick Youngerman — whose performance wasn’t all that memorable — was sent packing to the shock of… well, no one. “I don’t wanna be known as the rapping toilet cleaner for the rest of my life,” he said. (Yikes! Poor kid.)

Rihanna look-alike Paige Thomas was up next, and as they played “California King Bed,” I noticed Paige even had the same stars inked on her neck as RiRi! I’m afraid she’s going to have to differentiate herself if she wants to make an impression, but nevertheless, she’s a total sweetheart and I was happy Demi told her she made it.

Then came the hard part: It came down to my favorite, Jillian Jensen, and that crazy chick CeCe Frey — who thankfully stopped wearing those stupid spots on her face — and I started getting really nervous. While CeCe is definitely talented, she’s hands-down the most unlikable person in this competition. Meanwhile, I literally bawled my eyes out during Jillian’s amazing first audition. I guess Demi disagreed with me, because she shockingly sent CeCe through over Jill! (What. The. Eff?!)

Jill left the room hysterically crying, while Jennel comforted her, and Demi shed a tear or two. The shocker even shook Twitter where #BringJillBackOnXFactor immediately started trending worldwide. Who knows, maybe she’ll be a wildcard! (Wishful thinking.)

California Boys:

Simon Cowell first broke the news to Dope Crisis that they were going home, which is probably a good idea considering I didn’t even remember who they were. Sorry, but they got zero screen time, so it wasn’t hard to guess they weren’t going to make it.

Lyric145 gave a fun performance with the Miley Cyrus classic “Party in the USA,” and Simon said he enjoyed their humor. They made the Top 16, silly eyepatch and all, along with the mostly-irritating country group, Sister C.

Meanwhile, everyone’s favorite trio, Emblem 3, fell flat at Simon’s house last week when one of the cuties missed his cue. But Simon said their initial audition was “the first time [he] got excited about a group,” so they pleaded for their lives and he told them what they wanted to hear: they were through! Then they jumped in the pool like true California boys.

Finally, it came down to Playback and LYLAS, which was a horrible editing choice if you ask me. I thought Playback may have had a slight chance, but everyone knows LYLAS killed it with their version of Jessie J‘s “Impossible.” It was absolutely perfect, so as we all expected, they made the cut while the boys of Playback were sent back home to their mamas.

Now it’s on to the live shows!

What do you think of the Top 16, HollywoodLifers? Were you as shocked at Jill’s elimination as I was?

— Sharon Tharp

Watch More ENTV Videos!

Jessica

Posted at 1:28 AM on October 26, 2012

To me Cece is amazing ..yes people don’t like her much but the episode before she can see that she hides away her feelings and she is not what she is outside and she is hiding who she is …n d author for d article is just mean because Cece had cheetah prints on her face…she said that it hides who she is and that d next time ..you won’t see her with that ..n she did do it… She is one of my favorite with Jennel and Paige …I think everyone should stop hating Cece and try to think what she is going through…she is awesome..keep up the great work…even if no one likes u ..I do :)

Alicia

Posted at 10:55 PM on October 24, 2012

Jillian would have gotten further than CeCe. I with Kaycie saying that CeCe lacks emotion….Jillian needs to come back :( she is one of my top favorite contestants.

Kaycie

Posted at 10:18 PM on October 24, 2012

Demi needs to be replaced in my opinion. Demi can come back 5 years from now but I think someone more older, more experienced (like mariah carey, carrie underwood, or beyonce) should be put as a judge. Her comments about contestants is terrible. Jillian’s performance was 10x better than CeCe’s, on stage and with nick jonas! Her reaction to both should have been opposite. The major and obvious difference between Jillian and CeCe is that Jillian sings with emotion and heart while CeCe just sings(anyone can do that) when she does put emotion in it, it sucks because she is just doing to do it.

Kiara

Posted at 10:52 PM on October 24, 2012

Kinda have to agree with you. Demi is not the best judge but she sometimes has her moments other than that, she made a HUGE MISTAKE! I love Demi but seriously?! She made every good decision until it came down to Jillian. Jillian was the the better choice!!

monica

Posted at 9:28 PM on October 24, 2012

aww i hate to see demi cry becuase am a big fan number one
my hwole room is demi lovato not kidding

kougie757

Posted at 3:27 PM on October 24, 2012

Shontele sang impossible not Jessie J!!!

Marcella

Posted at 3:26 PM on October 24, 2012

I was shocked and dissapointed that Jillian didn’t make it. What alot of people don’t know is that she is multi talented. She plays 7 instruments and writes her own songs. And obviously has a great unique voice. No cookie cutter there. Some of the ones that were picked will be clearly unforgetable. What a shame to not get to experience great talent like hers. Sheis obviously likeable, but also a really nice person. She looks great and holds herself well. She may have alot of expression, but many superstar musicians do as well. What she has is called the X Factor. The judges made a mistake there.

Alicia

Posted at 10:57 PM on October 24, 2012

not judge’s, Demi made the mistake! gonna miss Jillian :(

Jasmin Simms

Posted at 12:17 PM on October 24, 2012

It wasnt Jessie J that sung Impossible. It is another girl that name starts with a S. I dont know how to spell it.

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 12:50 PM on October 24, 2012

ah, you’re right! Shontelle. Thanks :)

Mimmy

Posted at 10:59 AM on October 24, 2012

Simon told Emblem 3 “the first time [he] got excited about a group” thats BS because the first time he got excited and group, boy band was we so hope and and faith in one direction