Bridgit Mendler’s Songs: ‘Emotionally-Charged’ Relationship Stories

Mon, October 22, 2012 4:44pm EDT by 12 Comments
Bridgit Mendler Songs
Courtesy of Hollywood Records

Bridgit Mendler is better known as Teddy on ‘Good Luck Charlie’ but the actress is also a singer who released her first full-length album today, Oct. 22! She dished to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY all about it!

We all know and love Bridgit Mendler from her hit Disney Channel show Good Luck Charlie, but the talented star is growing up and branching out with her debut album HELLO MY NAME IS… Watch our exclusive video interview with Bridgit below!

Bridgit co-wrote all the songs on the album, and says inspiration is all around her. “Anything [inspires me], really. I love stories so whatever seems like an interesting story that can be told in a fun and quirky way, I think that’s cool.”

Bridgit says she wrote and recorded all the songs in the fall of 2011, in between filming seasons two and three of Good Luck Charlie. “It was a lot of pressure at first but I feel like we were victorious with it and I’m proud of it!”

On the content of the songs, Bridgit tells HollywoodLife.com, “there are a lot of relationship stories, that’s pretty much what [the record] is. I think it’s fun because those are really stories that people can get attached to emotionally and they are things that a lot of people can relate to and they are things that have such interesting, emotionally-charged stories, so people they gravitate towards them. I thinks it’s fun. Why not?”

“I’m so excited to share this album with everybody!” she adds.

Watch our full interview with Bridgit below:

Are you picking up a copy of Bridgit’s album, HollywoodLifers?

– Dory Larrabee

More HollywoodLife News:

1. Selena Gomez’s On-Screen Brother Speaks On Justin Bieber Relationship
  2. Justin Bieber Misses Selena Gomez While On Tour
  3. ‘Twilight Breaking Dawn’ Makeup Collection By Essence: Get The Details

Taytay

Posted at 8:39 PM on October 28, 2012

Bridgit, if you read this I’m just gonna say I am a BIG fan so yeah and I really like your music and you TV shows!!!!!😃😃

Jay

Posted at 1:56 AM on June 9, 2013

I’m a fan of Bridgit Mendler too. :D (probably not the biggest) But I’m just enough of a fan that likes to listen to her awesome songs.
Live long, live united and enjoy life Bridget Mendler
PEACE OUT DUDES AND DUDETTES!!! :D :) :P

Taylor

Posted at 8:32 PM on October 28, 2012

Bridget Mendler is a great singer when I hear her songs I have to hear them again and again and again. I love her voice!!!!

Jose Antonio Santos Bastos

Posted at 1:27 AM on October 28, 2012

I really luv ya Bridgit Mendler
xoxo
Tony
@TonySk8er_Boi

mukesh kumar

Posted at 10:18 AM on October 23, 2012

she has magical voice…….<3

mukesh kumar

Posted at 10:17 AM on October 23, 2012

when i lisen her song i just………………… got lost

Michone

Posted at 12:06 AM on October 23, 2012

she has good vocals

me

Posted at 8:21 PM on October 22, 2012

her music is crap.

Michone

Posted at 12:04 AM on October 23, 2012

you sound like another selenator

Jay

Posted at 1:42 AM on June 9, 2013

Oh put a cork in it. It says COMMENTS not “Angry Stupid Things to say here. ^”
And COMMENTS are nice things to say. That’s not very nice thing to say. And what if YOU were writing those “so called opinion” “CRAPPY songs” I don’t think you’d be very happy… RIGHT???!!!

Jay

Posted at 1:48 AM on June 9, 2013

Just so you know that comment was for the person named “Me”
And personally I think Bridgit Mendler’s songs are THE BOMB and AWESOME!!! And if she’s readin’ this. . . COOOOLLLL!!!

saf97