Convicted Bengals Cheerleader Sarah Jones: I’m Still Dating Teen Lover

Fri, October 19, 2012 9:36am EDT by 18 Comments
Sarah Jones Cody York Relationship
Courtesy of Today

A former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader has been sentenced to probation for having sex with a high school student she taught at a Kentucky high school. In a brand-new interview on Oct. 19, Sarah admits her and Cody are ‘in love and we’re going to be together forever.’

Sarah Jones, a former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader, has been convicted of having sex with a teen, Cody York, then 17, — a “poor choice,” she admits, but adds that she has found love.

The Victim Of It All

“I didn’t like being called a victim because I’m not a victim,” Sarah admitted during an interview on Today on Oct. 19.

Sarah adds that she “absolutely [did] not” pursue Cody. In fact, the teen admits to pursuing Sarah, who is nine years older than him.

Their relationship grew casually, but the feelings were prominent.

How It All Began

“I don’t remember the exact moment, but outside of school it just started coming along. Every time I would see her outside of school, it would hit me harder and harder and harder every time and that’s just how it started,” Cody said.

While Sarah and Cody seem to have love for one another, the teen acted a bit selfishly in his conquest for the older cheerleader. “In my head, [her getting in trouble] was worth it. I never thought in a million years this would happen.”

Keeping Their Secret

According to the duo, the relationship did flourish and keeping their secret proved to be difficult. “It was very difficult. I wanted to tell my friends this is my girlfriend,” Cody said.

Unconditional Love

Now that their love is out in the open, Sarah and Cody are not afraid to say they’re a couple. “He’s wonderful I absolutely adore him. Even if he has flaws I adore them,” Sarah says.

“She can be her worst in front of me, breakdown in front of me and it makes me love her even more,” Cody admits.

“He says ‘Sarah you look so beautiful in your mug shot.’ That’s how I know he loves me. We made a poor choice together, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find happiness at the end of the day, and we will,” Sarah concludes.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you support this relationship?

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

— Chris Rogers

More HollyBaby News:

1. Father Of Four Can’t Watch His Daughters Play Soccer – Because He’s A Registered Sex-Offender!
  2. Sexual Abuse Revealed At Elite NYC School Horace Mann
  3. Politician’s Wife Jailed For Mother-Daughter Sex Triangle With A 13-Yr-Old Boy

mrdavidm87

Posted at 3:48 PM on October 21, 2012

Seriously though this relationship is wrong

lindsay

Posted at 7:40 PM on October 20, 2012

I went to the school

She should do jail time.

Posted at 2:53 PM on October 19, 2012

And lets be honest he’s an 18 year old horny enough to sleep with a teacher. eventually if and when he goes to college he’ll start partying and we all know what’ll happen then. these relationships almost always fail miserably. they say age isjust a number but realistically it is more. just look at the interview, it shows how immature this guy is. With a 9 year difference in age, both parties are at different stages in their lives, but lets see if they can beat the statistic

Rolme summo

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 19, 2012

@ she should do jail time you right about that and I agree

She should do jail time.

Posted at 2:47 PM on October 19, 2012

She is a teacher! It is both ethically and morally wrong for a teacher to sleep with their HS student regardless of morality. yeah he was 17 which is also very wrong but he is old enough now so whatever, but they should have waited till after he was no longer her student. She is very very lucky to get this slap on the wrist. and we all know that if she was a man she’d have 10-20 years in jail for this.

Joe

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 19, 2012

She’s a butter face 100%

behave01

Posted at 1:34 PM on October 19, 2012

Think of it like this. If they had met at a party on the night before his 18th birthday it still would have been illegal for them to have sex.
Yet, had they waited a mere 24 hours later it would have been legal.
Now, tell me do you think this kid would have ‘matured’ in 24 hours?

Now, ask yourself this– if this same guy, who is 17 y/o had consentual sex with a 15 y/o girl do you think that should be a crime???? why? He is only 2 yrs older than her yet, the teacher is 9 yrs older than him??

Just something that makes you say uuumm…..

Rolme summo

Posted at 12:55 PM on October 19, 2012

Their relationship ain’t gonna last as she and Cody think

ToriBorn

Posted at 11:48 AM on October 19, 2012

17? in Sweden you can start having sex at age 15 with older men/women without it being called rape.
I’m soon to be 18 and I’m still a virgin. I think 15 is a good age for that, so what, one more year until he’s 18, not much and I doubt he will think any different.

HugeFanofBoth

Posted at 11:16 AM on October 19, 2012

Age is just a number…he’s not 17 anymore, so why not?

behave01

Posted at 1:19 PM on October 19, 2012

Fine, let them date now that he is 18 y/o.

HOWEVER, what she did was a crime WHEN it happened and should be looked at as such. I work in criminal justice field and can PROMISE you if the roles were reversed i.e. a 27 y/o man having sex with a 17 y/o female student –he would be in jail AND mandated to register as a sex offender. Believe me he wouldn’t be on television getting paid to give interviews.
I don’t agree with the sexual offense laws when it involves two teens having sex i.e. a 17 y/o and a 15 y/o. That should not be a crime unless it is actual rape. BUT 27y/o and 17 y/o —there is a problem. Not to mention she was a TEACHER and ANY teacher having sex with a student should be viewed as a predator. Would you want your son having sex with his teacher???

nunya

Posted at 2:11 PM on October 19, 2012

^^^ Totally true behave. That happened to a friend of mine. He was consensually sleeping with one of his students who was 17. Her parents found out and filed a suit against him. He has to register as a VIOLENT sex offender, received jail time, and 10 years probabtion. He has to see a therapist and had to go to meetings for sex offenders with males who actually raped little kids. It is completely ridiculous the publicity this girl is getting. Why? Because she was a Bengals Cheerleader? So what? Things like this happen ALL the time in schools. We only ever hear about the ones where its a female teacher though.

D.D.

Posted at 2:30 PM on October 19, 2012

Well, well, look at that, someone with common sense, thank God, and Bravo.

belle

Posted at 11:11 AM on October 19, 2012

But Doug H. and Courtney Stodden get on a reality show…..double standard folks…and he is like 30yrs older then Stodden…this is much more disgusting than a women 9 yrs older than a guy.

Gina

Posted at 10:50 AM on October 19, 2012

Why on earth would she throw her career/education down the drain for a teenager? This affair is wrong on so many levels.

Sheri

Posted at 10:10 AM on October 19, 2012

What is wrong with people? Supporting adults who are pedophiles? That’s what she is! It’s not ok because he pursued her. It’s not ok because he’s of age now. It’s never ok for an adult to have sexual contact with kids. I would be in prison for hurting the adult who engaged my children.

ToriBorn

Posted at 11:50 AM on October 19, 2012

That doesn’t make her a pedophile, a pedophile is someone who is attracted to someone who isn’t fully developed yet while they are and they are older.

D.D.

Posted at 2:28 PM on October 19, 2012

But, it could fall under Ephebophilia.