Simon Cowell Furious That ‘The X Factor’ Was Cut Short For Baseball

Thu, October 18, 2012 9:55am EDT by 9 Comments
X Factor Baseball
Courtesy of FOX

Simon calls the scheduling mishap ‘a total f up.’

X Factor viewers weren’t the only ones furious when the show’s Oct. 17 episode was delayed, then cut short, due to a baseball game. The über judge himself, Simon Cowell, took to Twitter to vent his frustration. “Have no idea what is happening to the schedule tonight,” he wrote. “Have heard the whole episode will be shown next Tuesday. Sorry.”

But because no single tweet can contain all of Simon’s fury, he followed up with: “It what’s known as a total f up.”

In case you aren’t aware of the fiasco, the Oct. 17 episode of The X Factor was supposed to feature all four judges making their selections for the live shows — essentially revealing the top 16 contestants — but because game three of the National League Championship Series had a rain delay, viewers missed the beginning and end of the episode. Now, we only know who Britney Spears and L.A. Reid selected!

According to a press release from FOX, “the highly anticipated conclusion of the ‘Judges’ Homes’ round of THE X FACTOR will air in its entirety on Tuesday, Oct. 23 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). … The competition kicks into high gear on Tuesday, when the judges reveal which four acts in each of the four categories – Teens, Young Adults, Groups and Over 25s – continue and which two acts are eliminated.”

Watch More ENTV Videos!

Are YOU furious over the conflict, or do you think the baseball game was worth missing the episode?

— Andy Swift

More X Factor:

1. ‘The X Factor’ Recap: The Judges’ Top 16 Announcement Is Cut Short
  2. L.A. Reid Reveals His Plans To Get Mean On ‘The X Factor’
  3. Khloe Kardashian & Mario Lopez To Co-Host ‘The X Factor Officially

Thomas Sabo Charms find a way to keep it attractive

Posted at 2:15 AM on March 22, 2013

I’ll right away snatch your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me recognise so that I could subscribe. Thanks

C.R.

Posted at 7:20 PM on October 18, 2012

They just need to leave baseball for espn or the other thousand sports channel and quit f’n up the tv with it….

K

Posted at 2:49 PM on October 18, 2012

Wow I’ve never seen someone worked up over a tv show yes I like the factor (wish they would get ride of Simon though) but come on its not like we never gonna find out who moves onto the live shows and this happens with live sports all time. I couldn’t care less about baseball either but I will find out next week someone of you people need to calm down.

Julie

Posted at 11:35 AM on October 18, 2012

Can’t imagine a baseball game having more viewers than The X Factor. What the heck.

Gina

Posted at 11:34 AM on October 18, 2012

If I never see his arrogant face again on television, it won’t be soon enough.

Boots

Posted at 11:31 AM on October 18, 2012

Furious isn’t the word on that major F up of Fox’s with the XFactor!! I wrote to the Fox network and even got a reply back telling me “It was because of a rain delay on the baseball game.” Well, I already KNEW that! What was even stupider, was there were previews of the show AND IT’S TIME during the stupid baseball game! Somebody should be fired!
Everyone needs to write the Fox network over this and let them know who’s REALLY their major demograhic in that time slot! Even the bleachers at the game were EMPTY! I mean…duhhhhh people, who CARE!!!????

Jamie Sellar

Posted at 5:13 PM on October 19, 2012

Get a life!!

Joyce Brant

Posted at 11:05 AM on October 18, 2012

I was so disappointed in Fox and could care less about the damn ball game. I kept waiting to find out when we would see X-Factor and couldn’t understand. Fox needs to figure out what to do in the future so noone would be pissed.

Sheri

Posted at 10:09 AM on October 18, 2012

I was furious!! That was so stupid of FOX!!!