‘The X Factor’ Recap: The Judges’ Top 16 Announcement Is Cut Short

Wed, October 17, 2012 11:42pm EDT by 9 Comments
X Factor Top 16
Courtesy of Fox

Sadly, we only got a glimpse at the top 16 due to a baseball rain delay — but at least we found out who Britney & L.A. picked!

After a nice 45-minute delay due to a baseball game (or something), The X Factor picked right back up Oct. 17 with the judges’ choices for the live shows. Too bad the show was also later cut short, leaving us wondering who actually made the top 16. Grrr!

Britney Spears and her Avril Lavigne hair went first, and she pretty much said the same thing to every contestant: You need to have the “whole package.” It was no big surprise that Diamond White, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller were put through to the live shows, while Reed Deming and rapper James Tanner were sent packing. I really couldn’t help myself; I had to laugh when Britney smiled as she said, “You’re going home, sweetie.” Oh, Brit. You funny.

L.A. Reid went next, and reminded us all that if you’re over 25, you’re life is pretty much over. (Sucks for me.) “This is their very last chance,” he said. Luckily, he did seem to get it right by choosing David Correy, Jason Brock, Tate Stevens and Vino Alan as his final four. I even teared up during Tate’s “yes.” Those damn Rascall Flatts get me every time! Meanwhile, Daryl Black and crazy-pants Tara Simon were eliminated from the competition — and I wasn’t too sad about it.

That’s when we were supposed to see Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell make their choices, but the feed cut out right after Demi told Jennel Garcia and Willie Jones they were going through.

Thanks a lot, baseball. THANKS.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Who else made it to the live shows? Feel free to air out your frustrations in the comments!

— Sharon Tharp

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More HollywoodLife News:

1. L.A. Reid Reveals His Plans To Get Mean On ‘The X Factor’
  2. Khloe Kardashian & Mario Lopez To Co-Host ‘The X Factor’ Officially
  3. Maria Menounos: Why Mario Lopez Would Be A Great ‘X Factor’ Host

sudi

Posted at 11:00 AM on October 18, 2012

Willie Jones!!!!

dumas1000

Posted at 7:31 AM on October 18, 2012

A cynic will tell you that CeCe is an X Factor plant anyway and that Demi had no choice but to pick her. She should have not taken Jennel. I don’t think the producers would have allowed her to cut either CeCe or Paige. I’m suspect that decision was out of her hands.

Lady Sybilla (@Lady_Sybilla)

Posted at 5:11 AM on October 18, 2012

Demi Lovato picked CeCe over Jillian Jensen??? Seriously?? I thought it was all about the likeability and the originality. CeCe has neither. GRRRR! I’m so disappointed. And to think Demetria was my favorite judge.

anonymous

Posted at 8:14 AM on October 18, 2012

When she picked the contestants Demi had no idea about the behaviour as we do… the only thing she knew is that she had a relly good voice……No judge knew about the behaviour the contastants had….So don’t be strict with her she just didn’t know…

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 1:11 AM on October 18, 2012

Yes, I am aware of what baseball is. Thank you. It was a joke.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:33 AM on October 18, 2012

Pay them no mind, gurl. I’m pretty sure the same person hated on me for another one of my recaps. Haters, be gone.

Sharon Tharp

Posted at 3:17 PM on October 18, 2012

I’m just glad I don’t recap TVD like you. I can only imagine the haters…

getoverit

Posted at 12:38 AM on October 18, 2012

Get over it! The “baseball” game that you’re acting like is no big deal is actually a big deal. It’s the NLCS, which is the National League Championship Series. The winner of the plays in the Super Bowl against the ALCS winner. The World Series is where you win it all. So stop acting like The X Factor is more important than the most important time in Major League Baseball which is the Postseason. Fox owns the rights to the game and because it’s live, it’s going to be shown over this show..which is not live.

getoverit

Posted at 12:38 AM on October 18, 2012

I meant to say the winner plays in the World Series, which is like playing in the Super Bowl.