Jake T. Austin Talks ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Reunion & Selena Gomez

Tue, October 16, 2012 9:50am EDT by 13 Comments
Wizards of Waverly Place
Courtesy of Disney

Jake T. Austin dished on the upcoming two-part reunion special EXCLUSIVELY to HollywoodLife.com! See what he had to say about the reunion special, his cast mates and maybe a future love interest?!

It’s been almost a year since the last season of Wizards of Waverly Place aired, but, not to worry, the cast will be back in action for their two-part reunion special in 2013! Jake T. Austin teased us about what to expect and how he will handle being back with his on-screen sister Selena Gomez.

Being that fans were left with questions, Jake tells us that the hour-long special will “close the show out and give fans a resolution to the series.”

Jake says that the reunion special will have a new plot and twists — and even some new characters! Does that mean that our Max (Jake T. Austin) might get a love interest?

“I don’t know,” Jake said with a laugh. “Maybe Disney looked into that.”

Will his co-star Selena Gomez be ordering him around on set since she’s executive producer on the special?

He laughed and said that it would be interesting, but he remained very supportive of her.

“Celebrities are progressing and maneuvering through different parts of the industry. It’s smart for her to do that as a producer,” Jake said. “t’s a lot of work putting together the financing, detailing, production and everything. I’m glad she’s ready to tackle all those responsibilities.”

Like Selena, David Henrie, who plays Jake’s character’s older brother in the series, is moving through the industry. Unfortunately, David won’t be a part of the reunion due to a conflict in his schedule.

“He’s gotta do what he’s gotta do as a professional and what’s going to benefit his career,” Jake said. “For me, I’m going to miss getting to play off him and work with him on camera, but he’s able to work on some projects that bring his talents to life.”

Once filming wraps, Jake, like his cast mates, will be moving on to bigger, more mature projects. We’re looking forward to seeing him play Huckleberry Finn in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

– Reporting by Dory Larrabee, Written by Julianna Spence

More Wizards of Waverly Place:

1. Selena Gomez’s ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Reunion Movie Confirmed
  2. Selena Gomez’s On-Screen Brother Speaks On Justin Bieber Relationship
  3. Selena Gomez’s ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Series Finale Gets HUGE Ratings

aPpLe

Posted at 11:58 AM on July 27, 2014

COME BACK tO THE SHOW DAVID HENRIE AS JUSTIN! THE SOW ISNT THE SAME WITHOUT U! I LUV HIM HE IS A HOTTIE AND HUNK AND MAX IS SOOOOOOOOO CUTE (JAKE T AUSTIN). SELENA IS SECXY AND GORGEOUS! COME BACK DAVID HENRIE! I WANT U ON THE SHOW.YOU HAVE TO COME BACk ON IT!

Felicita George

Posted at 11:55 AM on July 27, 2014

Selena and David!! A cute couple! BOTH OF U HAVE TO DATE!!!!!! I hate lucy hale… u shouldnt date her david. She is soo ugly and u could see she was literally drooling all over u since she met u. As soon as she saw u she wanted to own u! DATE SELENA or if not then any1 else. Lucy hale is ughh! Selena is a good person! Selena u shouldnt date Justin Bieber he is just using u! Date David! U are both perfect together. What does it take for u guys to realise it?

emma

Posted at 11:51 AM on July 27, 2014

I luv selena! She acts especially good as alex and really pretty! I luv Jake and he is so funny and cute. I luv David and he is a hottie! I want David back on wizards of waverly place. DAVID come back to wizards of waverly place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gigi

Posted at 11:48 AM on July 27, 2014

David Henrie is the reason i watched wizards of waverly place 19 times over and over again!! I want him backk!! If your reading this David Henrie then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz come back on the next oppertunity of wizards of wavery place

DESTINY

Posted at 5:11 PM on September 25, 2013

HI SELENA GOMEZ I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I NEED YOU SO MUCH DO CALL ON THE PHONE NUMBER 8102859000 AND 3102888000 AND 07777333333 DESTINY IS FOUND HAY SABRINA BRAYN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I NEED YOU SO MUCH DO YOU CALL ON THE PHONE ADRIENNE BAILON I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I NEED YOU SO MUCH DO YOU CALL ON THE PHONE KIELY WILLIAMS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I NEED YOU SO MUCH SOING HAPPYBRITHDAY TO DESTINY ON OCTOBER 9 ON TUESDAY TAKE ME BACK IN DINEY GAMES I WILL GO TO DISNEY WROD TAKE ME BIG RIDES

Destiny

Posted at 2:52 PM on July 11, 2013

HI SELENA GOMEZ I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I NEED YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOUR CHILD NAME DESTINY JOY GOMEZ BO O K

james braselton

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 28, 2013

hi there yeah watch wizzards return like wizzards magic soo wizzards saving lives go wizzards

Duy Bui

Posted at 4:54 PM on January 24, 2013

Yes yes yes yes yes yes ! I’ll watch the Wizards reunion.

Se'Quan R Patterson

Posted at 10:27 AM on January 18, 2013

i would like to see another season of it. It’s one of my favorite shows

james braselton

Posted at 1:37 PM on December 16, 2012

hi there wizzard docters can save lives soo do wizzards why do hammans not use magic too save lives

james

Posted at 1:10 PM on October 17, 2012

I would like a 5 season of the show and a squeal too.

david b conway

Posted at 2:31 PM on October 24, 2012

i word to love a season 5 and the seasond sequel my self , and the problem with this , 1 hour tv special is that max is not a full wizards any more ,and how can he help alex russo may i ask , and second question i have just about , the big bother justin russo , david henrie is not in it , the tv special , and they might have to change the title of that tv special just because of 1 , reason it is only 1 wizards is in the tv special , it,s about alex only in it , and the the whole concceppt is about to save the world just by only alex russo , the world will be doom just by alex russo , i just can,t not trust the good alex to save the world , love david b conway

Banana

Posted at 12:48 PM on November 11, 2012

Ma cos’te voi ti ? Continui a parlare di sta riunione dei maghi come se fosse la fine del mondo! Senz’offesa ma veramente! :P