Allie Gonino tells HollywoodLife.com to expect more mystery, more men — and most importantly — more music!
ABC Family’s The Lying Game doesn’t return with its second season until January, but because some secrets are just too good to keep, Allie Gonino is giving HollywoodLife.com a peek at what’s to come — and it sounds like big changes are on the way for her character. “In season one, Laurel hung back and kept to herself,” Allie says. “She had all the boyfriends and the music stuff going on, but now she’s fully entrenched in the drama and the mystery of it all.”
Here are five mini spoilers Allie shared with me:
1. Courtroom drama: “[The premiere] picks up, not exactly where we left off, but shortly after,” Allie says. “The first episode picks up when we go to court to see Alec’s trial. It’s a couple weeks after that whole situation [at the wedding] happened.”
2. Love on the rocks: “Rebecca [Charisma Carpenter] is basically trying to tear Ted and Kristin’s marriage apart to get back together with Ted,” Allie says. “So whenever Laurel finds out about the twins, and that Sutton has been working with Rebecca, it has a big effect on where she aligns herself.”
3. Secret’s out: “Emma [Alexandra Chando] finally tells Laurel about her, Rebecca and Sutton,” Allie says. “So Laurel has a bit of an internal struggle about what to do with the situation. She gets more involved as the season goes on.”
4. Move over, Justin: “There’s actually a new boy coming to town this season who ruffles everyone’s feathers [played by 90210's Ryan Rottman] and his name is Jordan,” Allie says. (Randy Wayne‘s Justin is nowhere to be seen in season two.)
5. More music: “My band The Good Mad, which is called Strangeworthy on the show, is going to be performing on the first two episodes of the second season,” Allie reveals.
What do you think of Allie’s scoop, Lying Game fans? Are you glad Laurel is finally getting in on the big secret? And how do you feel about Justin being out of the picture for good? Drop me a comment with your season two thoughts and theories! And check out ABC Family’s official Lying Game page for more updates.
— Andy Swift
More Lying Game on HollywoodLife.com: