‘The Lying Game’ Scoop: Laurel Will Learn The Twins’ Secret In Season 2

Tue, October 16, 2012 3:07pm EDT by 12 Comments
Photo credit: Viktorija Pashuta

Allie Gonino tells HollywoodLife.com to expect more mystery, more men — and most importantly — more music!

ABC Family’s The Lying Game doesn’t return with its second season until January, but because some secrets are just too good to keep, Allie Gonino is giving HollywoodLife.com a peek at what’s to come — and it sounds like big changes are on the way for her character. “In season one, Laurel hung back and kept to herself,” Allie says. “She had all the boyfriends and the music stuff going on, but now she’s fully entrenched in the drama and the mystery of it all.”

Here are five mini spoilers Allie shared with me:

1. Courtroom drama: “[The premiere] picks up, not exactly where we left off, but shortly after,” Allie says. “The first episode picks up when we go to court to see Alec’s trial. It’s a couple weeks after that whole situation [at the wedding] happened.”

2. Love on the rocks: “Rebecca [Charisma Carpenter] is basically trying to tear Ted and Kristin’s marriage apart to get back together with Ted,” Allie says. “So whenever Laurel finds out about the twins, and that Sutton has been working with Rebecca, it has a big effect on where she aligns herself.”

3. Secret’s out: “Emma [Alexandra Chando] finally tells Laurel about her, Rebecca and Sutton,” Allie says. “So Laurel has a bit of an internal struggle about what to do with the situation. She gets more involved as the season goes on.”

4. Move over, Justin: “There’s actually a new boy coming to town this season who ruffles everyone’s feathers [played by 90210's Ryan Rottman] and his name is Jordan,” Allie says. (Randy Wayne‘s Justin is nowhere to be seen in season two.)

5. More music: “My band The Good Mad, which is called Strangeworthy on the show, is going to be performing on the first two episodes of the second season,” Allie reveals.

What do you think of Allie’s scoop, Lying Game fans? Are you glad Laurel is finally getting in on the big secret? And how do you feel about Justin being out of the picture for good? Drop me a comment with your season two thoughts and theories! And check out ABC Family’s official Lying Game page for more updates.

— Andy Swift

More Lying Game on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ABC Family Renews ‘The Lying Game’ For Second Season
  2. ‘The Lying Game’ Likely Being Renewed For Second Season
  3. ‘The Lying Game’ Season Finale Recap: Are Rebecca & Sutton Working Together?

rbn

Posted at 2:58 AM on January 9, 2013

Thayer is a bad guy and so is the new guy. Alec is not totally bad. He has his reasons for doing things. He hates Sutton so she better watch out. Rebecca is a b itch but yeah not all bad either.

Melinda

Posted at 10:18 PM on January 8, 2013

I am SO glad laurel will find out about the secret. So, so, so, glad! Can’t wait for it. I love this show. I’m also super excited to see Emma and Thayer together. I do think Alex is guilty, and I don’t like him.

Micheal

Posted at 12:44 PM on January 7, 2013

Ethan and Emma should be together even if the hope seems slim,,I really like them bcos Ethan try’s so hard for Emma to b safe and happy,,I really love the show and want it started again but I don’t think it will end the way I hoped for. *Just praying*

Devin Morton

Posted at 7:33 PM on January 5, 2013

I personally love the fact that Laurel is getting involved with the big secret because that means that they are one step closer to Emma being able to stay and live her life in Phoenix as Sutton’s as sister.

Nikki

Posted at 11:02 PM on January 4, 2013

I love this show…i can’t wait for it to come back. I hope that Emma and Thayer end up together, he is so sweet. I wish ethan would just back off.

nay

Posted at 4:45 PM on December 24, 2012

i am very happy can wai i wish that we can get more can wait

Emmanuel Soro

Posted at 5:12 AM on December 14, 2012

Jessica; Rebecca is their mother because after the arrest of Aleck Sutton addressed her as mother.

jessica asogwa

Posted at 5:55 AM on November 21, 2012

i tink dat Rebecca is Emma nd Sutton real mother

dylan

Posted at 9:59 AM on November 28, 2012

how did you not already know that? seriously? wth… why do you even bother with watching the show? lmfao thats funny.

Kat

Posted at 1:40 AM on October 18, 2012

Whoa, good spoilers. I can’t wait for this show to come back, it really got good throughout its first season and I really like it.

Taylor

Posted at 4:59 AM on December 19, 2012

Omfg, lying game needs to come back right now!!! I can’t wait until january!!!!!!!!

nay