Nick Jonas Debuts ‘Wedding Bells’ — Still In Love With Miley Cyrus?

Fri, October 12, 2012 1:22pm EDT by 19 Comments
Nick Jonas Wedding Bells
Getty, Pacific Coast News

Some fans are still rooting for ‘Niley,’ and at The Jonas Brothers’ Oct. 11 comeback concert at Radio City in NYC, Nick sang a song called ‘Wedding Bells’ — is it about his first love Miley Cyrus?

Is Nick Jonas, 20, admitting he’s still pining over his childhood love Miley Cyrus, 19? His new song “Wedding Bells” really sounds like it’s about her. Click below to read the lyrics and see what he said about the song!

Nick’s Big Confession About Writing ‘Wedding Bells’

“We’re in the process of recording a new album, which is both good and bad,” Nick said before he played the new song, adding as a songwriter, “you have the responsibility to dive into subjects that make us uncomfortable and write about them. So far, the creation of this record has been a very wide range of subjects that we talked about before.  It’s about enjoying those moments and staying in those moments. And some are momentary in the sense that you have to write a song and apologize for it later. I don’t think I’ve ever written a song that makes me as uncomfortable as this song does.”

He continued, “Some things happened in this past year that affected me a certain way in that moment and I had to go write a song about it in that moment and although it’s not the way I feel at this moment in time, hopefully this gives you a glimpse into what that experience was like for me.”

“It’s an incredibly thing and it should be valued when you appreciate someone and care for someone and there is history. But as you move on in your life, and move into maturity, you have to take the experience with you as memories and not your reality. This song is called ‘Wedding Bells.'”

Miley got engaged to Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth on May 31.

Since dating Miley, Nick has been linked to Selena Gomez and Delta Goodrem, but is currently single.

‘Wedding Bells’ Lyrics

Pardon my interruption

This drink’s just settling in

On my reservation, a reason I don’t exist

She says, can you keep a secret

A ceremony set for June

I know it’s a rush but I just love him so much

I hope that you can meet him soon

No, I don’t wanna love if it’s not you

I don’t wanna hear the wedding bells bloom

Maybe we can try one last time

But I dont wanna hear the wedding bells chime

Watch For Yourself

Watch a video from last night’s concert right here:

[Cambio]

– Dory Larrabee

More Nick Jonas News:

1. Nick Jonas Calls Contestant ‘Sexy’ As Guest Mentor On ‘X Factor’ — Watch
  2. Nick Jonas Joins Demi Lovato On Stage — Watch
  3. Nick Jonas: I Would Love To Do Another Broadway Play

Alaina

Posted at 2:52 AM on June 2, 2013

Miley and Liam broke up.

Nick):

Posted at 11:44 AM on January 12, 2013

Awwwwwwww
That’s so sweet<3
I sort of still think nicks and Miley were so good together
But I hope she and Liam are too

Elise SG1

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 22, 2012

Well, Miley is getting married in the summer. Perhaps June, and Miley and Nick still have feelings for each other deep down. They just don’t show or admit it. But if this song is then yay :D Haha!

alejandra jb

Posted at 1:12 AM on November 19, 2012

miley regresa con nicho el aun te ama

anne eunice

Posted at 9:00 AM on November 12, 2012

miley realy matched with nick bt l guese he lost his chance bt that song its just trying to remind miley of how much nick lvd her

ashley

Posted at 4:42 PM on October 15, 2012

no doubt it is about miley “if you recall our anniversary falls eleven nights into june.” June 11 the day they met as said by miley in her autobiography miles to go

mammaji

Posted at 3:58 AM on October 15, 2012

I love nickjonas.

JonasFansIran (@jonasfansiran)

Posted at 6:10 AM on October 13, 2012

there is no doubt that its for miley …just Im not sure how media is gonna react exactly …the song is really catchy and gooooooood

Nermeen

Posted at 4:19 AM on October 13, 2012

It’s for Miley but he said it himself, he’s over it

hannah

Posted at 2:01 AM on October 13, 2012

Miley and Nick, I always called that love, when i seen them together, they looked so happy, and i member i wish i had a relationship like that, you can totally relate to it,teen love, or true love it will last, i know this song is about Miley, and I hope miley dont marry liam, i do but i dont, i just want her to make the right decision and think about it, or hold it off a little while, if this is about her, it must suck for Nick to go through this

eionqua Kempz

Posted at 12:58 AM on October 13, 2012

that was nice of him writing that song maybe he didn’t have the chance to tell her that @ that time, and I bet he know She had Moved on with her Life now she has a fanice

thecat61

Posted at 12:19 AM on October 13, 2012

Seriously people, miley is engaged to a real man and his name is liam. There is no more niley, move on already.

zoey

Posted at 10:11 PM on October 12, 2012

niley was so cute and they always seemed so in love. liam and miley is maybe meant to be but they do seem to fight a lot for getting married soon….

Kate

Posted at 10:33 AM on October 13, 2012

liam and miley don’t actually fight that often. that’s just stupid rumors that tabloids make up. gossip cop always clears it up. besides they’re always with eachother

Kathleen gourn

Posted at 8:07 PM on October 12, 2012

Of course nick will always have feelings for miley but love is different as a teenager from what love
is for an adult

Me

Posted at 6:56 PM on October 12, 2012

It’s a shame he lost his chance :(
Miley was infatuated with him, idk if she still is. I hope so

maria

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 12, 2012

Wonderful romantic :((

mia

Posted at 3:59 PM on October 12, 2012

ohhhh myyy f**ckingg good! I totally think that this song is for Miley, the speech.. the lyrics of the song! TOTAL sense for mee.. I love miley and liam.. but i forgot how cute they were together.. i miss niley soo muchh! I dont know what to do if I were Miley, I mean Liam is georgeus and amazing and he loves her soo much, but Nick, I mean.. the had history together.. and i totallly understand if he has feelings for her again.. After all.. who doesnt love Miley Cyrus?

mia

Posted at 3:58 PM on October 12, 2012

ohhhh myyy f**ckingg good! I totally think that this song is for Miley, the speech.. the lyrics of the song! TOTAL sense for mee.. I love miley and liam.. but i forgot how cute they were together.. i miss niley soo muchh! I dont know what to do if I was Miley, I mean Liam is georgeus and amazing and he loves her soo much, but Nick, I mean.. the had history togethe.. and i totallly understand if he has feelings for her again.. After all.. who doesnt love Miley Cyrus?