‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: How Damon & Meredith ‘Bond’ In Season 4

Wed, October 10, 2012 5:05pm EDT by 15 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

The doctor is (still) in! Torrey tells HollywoodLife.com what Meredith will be up to on ‘The Vampire Diaries’ this season.

With her boyfriend gone, and her purpose in Mystic Falls seemingly fulfilled, many fans are wondering WTF Meredith (Torrey DeVitto) will be up to on The Vampire Diaries this season. I went straight to Torrey for the answer, and she assured HollywoodLife.com that Dr. Fell will have her hands full — especially with Damon (Ian Somerhalder).

It’s pretty much Meredith’s fault that Elena is a vampire. Will there be backlash?

Here’s what I’ve been saying, and I really do stand by this: I think Meredith should be getting praised for this! People don’t realize there would be no more Vampire Diaries if Meredith hadn’t saved Elena’s life. She’d be dead! I think we should all acknowledge that.

You’re right. They should really change it to The Meredith Diaries.

You know, what? I’m going to have a talk with Julie Plec about that later today.

Speaking of Julie, she recently said Meredith would be a “stabilizing force” for Damon this season. Can you elaborate?

I think you’ll see a bond grow between Damon and Meredith. It’s cool because he’s this erratic character, and she really holds her ground with him and with all the other characters. She’s strong-minded and doesn’t put up with his bulls**t. So deep down, whether he acknowledges it or not, he admires that about her. That’s how their friendship begins, really.

And what about her personal life? What, or who, will she do now that Alaric is gone?

Well, let’s hope her relationship past doesn’t mirror Alaric’s. He had a terrible relationship track. I think Meredith’s really focused on her work right now. She loves helping people, so I think she’ll devote more of her time to that. She feels totally just in using vampire blood, as long as she’s really saving someone’s life. She’s a strong, independent woman. She’s not thinking about men.

Will she get mixed up with any of the new characters, or stick to the ones we know?

As of now, she’s keeping to the ones we know, but we’re not even halfway through shooting the season. I don’t even think [the writers] know at this point!

True. I remember the last time we spoke, you said you flip to the end of every script to make sure Meredith’s still alive.

Oh, I still do. But I think Julie heard me say that, so she promised that before I die, she’ll warn me.

TVD fans, what do you make of Torrey’s teasers? Should she be praised for saving Elena’s life? Drop me a comment with your thoughts and predictions about season four!

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries scoop:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’: Ian Somerhalder Exposes Elena’s Season 4 Sex Life
  2. New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Pics: Are Matt & Rebekah Hooking Up?
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4 Scoop: 12 Memorable Moments From ‘Memorial’

DamonFan

Posted at 8:09 PM on October 14, 2012

Well, since Damon is more than likely going to be saying his own little goodbye to Elena (don’t let it be that Damien Rice song Blower’s daughter that will kill me) No sense in him being lonely… at least she could be his ‘distraction’

Alake M. (@AllieKMalik)

Posted at 6:10 PM on October 11, 2012

It really isn’t Meredith’s fault. Sure, if she hadn’t put the blood in Elena’s system she wouldn’t have become a vampire. But it would also be true that Elena would have died before even going off the bridge-since Meredith said using the blood was the only way to help her from the brain injury. If anything, we should be mad at whoever caused Elena’s death-Rebekah. It really would not have been a big deal otherwise.

tmporter

Posted at 2:14 AM on October 11, 2012

Damon and Meredith … really JP. this is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Not only is Meredith on of the reason for Elene’s transformation…. she and damon have known each other all of two second and now JP the dumb cow wants us to belive that Damon respect her… I am so sick of them just throwing people together without any reasoning and logic behind it. Karoline make more sense than these two…

Stupidest shit ever.

Elise Stephens

Posted at 5:05 AM on October 13, 2012

Okay, I’m a Delena fan (on the days I don’t want to kill Elena that is), but even I know that’s going overboard. Its been said that they are going to be FRIENDS. Do you honestly have a problem with Damon having more friends? He’s running a little short of them right now. He’s surrounded by immature self-righteous teenagers who have all declared they will hate him until the day they die. He needs adult friends. I think he and Meredith could be good for each other. I, like a lot of other fans, couldn’t stand Meredith when they first introduced her but she’s really grown on me. She’s kinda cool. Like her bringing drugs to help Ric when he decided not to transition and telling Damon that Ric needed him.

As for her being responsible for Elena’s transition…really? Do you know what would have happened if she hadn’t given her blood? Epic Steffy would have let her die…for real…like forever. Stefan and Rebekah and ELENA get the full blame for Elena being a vampire. If all three of them weren’t idiots then she’d still be human. Well, and there is the argument that Matt should have just floored it and run Rebekah over, but I’ll forgive him for that. Matt would not have been down with Stefan saving him and leaving Elena.

Let Damon have a new friend and drinking buddy. He needs positive things in his life right now. That doesn’t mean that if Elena ever gets a clue she and Damon can’t still be together.

DamonFan

Posted at 8:57 PM on October 14, 2012

Yeah unfortunatly Damon is a little low in the friend department. He did consider Elena a friend at one time, but well we know how that went. I don’t really care for Merideth tbqh, but just to see Damon a little stable would be worth. Tired of seeing him being kicked repeatedly when he’s already down.

delena fan

Posted at 8:10 PM on October 19, 2012

I agree, hope though that it stays at the friendship level with Meredith.

maria

Posted at 6:10 PM on October 24, 2012

I agree! Damon is so alone , he needs a friend right now really bad, that has a stabilizing influence on him.

Kris

Posted at 2:11 AM on October 11, 2012

Damon and Meredith as friends is the dumest shit I have ever heard of. they have hung out all of two seconds and now we are should belive that Damon has some kind of respect for her… um… no. jesus Karoline makes more sense then this shit.

-A

Posted at 5:56 PM on October 10, 2012

and btw i hope she has sex with damon and not stephen but we all know to make more interesting. she will obviously do it stephen

Kerri

Posted at 1:19 AM on October 11, 2012

How long do you watch tvd?! His name is STEFAN and not Stephen!

-A

Posted at 5:55 PM on October 10, 2012

ya know elena starting to get on my nerves…. she is sooooooo pissing me off with this love triangle crap sshe pulling on the salvators!!!!!!! but i still cant wait for the premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its comming tomorrow!

alex

Posted at 5:22 PM on October 10, 2012

if course she should be praised! And I am actually so excited for her character, I think I will like her more than I care for Elena. THANK YOU! Finally an interview with Torrey! I think she will be great and I am really looking forward to he friendship with Damon.

Taki

Posted at 5:19 PM on October 10, 2012

Blehhhhh. Torrey’s adorable, but I’m not feeling Meredith. Or this new friendship. *eye roll*

Taki

Posted at 5:48 PM on October 10, 2012

I am okay with this friendship if it stays exactly that. We’ll see…

kelly

Posted at 5:17 PM on October 10, 2012

Meredith is GORGEOUS. As much as I would Loveeee for Meredith and Damon to get together. If it happens it won’t end well for Meredith. What I mean is any female that gets close to Damon ends up dead. I like Meredith and don’t want her to leave the vampire diaries. Can’t wait for Damon to return to (hoping) his old self from season 1. He was a tough, couldn’t give a rats a-ss what anyone thought and he was such a man whore who would sleep and did. I want Damon’s flashback and hope they talk more about his sexual experiences, hoping he had a steamy one night stands with beautiful females and really hope he had a few one night stands with GORGEOUS guys. Always thought Damon and Tyler would look hot together.