Johnny Depp Not Dead: Victim Of Another Death Hoax

Wed, October 10, 2012 12:45pm EST by 23 Comments
FameFlynet

Despite Internet rumors, the ‘Pirates of the Carribeean’ actor is NOT dead. The death of a crew member on the set of his latest film caused a social media miscommunication.

Johnny Depp fans can breathe a sigh of relief — the 49-year-old actor is alive and well. Unfortunately, it was a 48-year-old crew member who died on the set of his new Disney film, The Lone Ranger.

According to LA law enforcement, the actual victim, Mike Bridger, was cleaning a pool tank on the Los Angeles movie set, when he went into full cardiac arrest and died on Sept. 21, according to TMZ.

In the weeks following, searches for “Johnny Depp dead” and “Johnny Depp death” have resurfaced, propelling the term to be a top search on AOL and Google, and causing fans to believe the actor had perished.

This isn’t the first time Johnny has been the victim of a death hoax. In 2010, a fake CNN website reported the actor died in a car accident in France.

Although the basis of this rumor is tragic, we’re all relieved Johnny Depp’s death is just another Internet rumor.

Did YOU think Johnny Depp was dead HollywoodLifers?

More Johnny Depp news:

1. Johnny Depp’s Ex Vanessa Paradis Calls Amber Heard: ‘A Man-Stealing Nobody’
  2. Johnny Depp Giving $150 Million To Vanessa Paradis in Split Settlement — Report
  3. Johnny Depp Disses Movies Like ‘Twilight’

Susan Dale Wright

Posted at 2:55 PM on March 28, 2014

In my opinion, Johnny Depp is the most talented actor, of all time. His charisma and his devotion to his art is truly magnificent. Having seen most of his movies, I am always amazed at the wide spectrum of diverse characters, and because of this diversity,he should be given a “Five Star”Rating. Yes God was good to Mr. Depp, and I feel blessed to be one of his many fans.I hope he lives to a ripe, old age, and continues to portray many more unusual characters,and that I am able to have the opportunity to see many more of his entertaining projects.Thank-you, Johnny! I truly enjoyed seeing the beautiful scenery in New Mexico, my native state, and went to see you, in the Western, The Lone Ranger. I saw it a total of three times! Tonto was my favorite too, as I have always felt close to the Native Americans, and their heritage.Take good care, now! I hope you get the opportunity to read my review! So long, and see you , at the movies.

Dianne Bowman

Posted at 10:01 PM on August 8, 2013

I read about Johnny Depp on facebook, my heart was broken. I hoped it wasn’t true, and I am so happy to know he lives, and that it was all a madeup storey

the jhtb show

Posted at 6:01 PM on March 2, 2013

i know that a lot of people love a good gossip but if its like this one where people say johnny depp is dead and not true people will start to think its true if they hear it lots and it has made its self all over the world it has made it self all the way to australia where i live i almost died the very first time someone told me and i didn’t want to belive it so i hoped onto the net and searched is johnny depp really dead and when it said it was an internet rumor i was the happiest person in the world but i was thinking was it an internet rumor so i went on a lot more websites and they all said he was alive so i told all my friends and they were just as happy as i was so i hope that well first he never dies and that i will get true information off the internet

P.S the jhtb show stangs for the johnny helena tim burton show and i hope you like it.

The jhtb show

Posted at 6:58 AM on March 2, 2013

I lOve Johnny depp so much, he is the best actor I have ever seen and ever will see and I will listen to every word he has had and will say I hope one day I can be like him but not all the gossip and that I cant stand it yes it’s ok if you are shopping and waiting in line and are just flicking though but just all of the coments about the big stars like her dress is to short or that is so last year well maybe they like the fashion from last year or maybe you are moving to fast mabye if you have a look at what they wear and think dose it look good on them I am just saying all this gossip is just to much and hope one day it will all stop if I had a choice of becoming a movie star or stoping all the gossip I would chose no more gossip I think dear Johnny should have a break from the gossip and I am very happy he said yes to doing pirate 5 :)

The jhtb show

Posted at 2:29 AM on March 2, 2013

And I am very happy he is alive I would of died if he died he is sooooooooooo hot like a sunrise.

The jhtb show

Posted at 2:15 AM on March 2, 2013

I am a very big fan of johnny depp and would do anything for him but I just can’t believe how some people talk about him like he may be a super hot movie star but he is also a human he has feeling and the way people talk about him is like terrible like when he was spotted leaving someone house and not wanting to be seen it’s that stuff that make our favorite stars turn to drugs and drinking so I say stop the gossip and I hope one day it will all end I wish to be a movie star one day but if all the gossip is still there, there is a fat chance I will want to be one so I hope my word can be told to everyone and I hope that our stars can live their lives like we live our. Thank you

rjsr reddy

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 20, 2013

He is one of the great actors i ever seen his pretension is in humorous way.Once i heard about romours on his live i feeled alot disoppointment,now it brings the great relief after hearing about his present status of acting for next films

kim green

Posted at 10:48 AM on November 8, 2012

I am so happy to here he’s still hear with us good I would love to meet johnny drop he’s my guy all his moves I have and he’s really good at what ever move he plays in real talk god bless. U Johnny

Sushila Mitchell

Posted at 4:48 PM on October 24, 2012

I actually thought it was true for a moment until a friend of mines old me that it wasn’t true and thank the Good Lord that he is still with us. I love all of the movies that he plays in and he is a wonderful actor. People need to get the correct facts first before they begin spreading rumors. May the Lord bless u Mr. Depp and Im a fan of his also. See u in your next movie. Stay blessed.

Veronica

Posted at 8:05 PM on October 20, 2012

I love Johnny Depp ! Him is the best from hollywood in this moment , in this era .

carrie merkle

Posted at 6:17 PM on October 17, 2012

Still sound Music Still ask one question to grain Salt when Rain it pour to the photo Gooday SackBack Oh John Do you still Belive in liven capsion to sprit world to film as after Dealth enterforce CD Merdise Holders PowerA 1 merchant sang Chang song agin One man onr Desert TombStones BuddleBuilds….

Lisa

Posted at 6:42 PM on October 17, 2012

DO YOU HAVE AN “S” BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD, OR IS IT YOU JUST CAN’T TALK! UNREAL!

carrie merkle

Posted at 12:21 AM on October 17, 2012

Well John you are look way thin thank god winter is comen you try eating Soups it Carriage Soup Cart FairFood Fun as soon fi.d out we Have side Corn Bucket Pobblestuff As well as Pepper Whole Chicken Not wing Were Broths OldBeef Beet maybe you will find oranges pepper like if your not Died .. Been in Buiness for over 100 years maybe you could look us up.. Well good Day on The Ranger.. TexTuff

Flor Yessenia Alvarado

Posted at 10:48 AM on October 14, 2012

Johnny you are the best. I enjoy every movie. In my opinion you are the best. Your face structure has the ability for to change to any character in a movie. And by the way. I would love to have a picture of you with your signature. You are the bomb.

Rossy

Posted at 9:24 PM on October 11, 2012

HOLA jOHNNY VI TU ULTIMA PELICULA ERES Y NO ME GUSTO, TU VAMPIRO ES UN VAMPIRO RARO, NO TE QUEDA ESTE PAPEL, SOY TU FAN HE VISTO TODAS TUS PELICULAS, POR EJEMPLO OTRA PELICULA QUE NO ME GUSTO MUCHO TAMPOCO FUE DIARIO DE UN SEDUCTOR, TE VES TAN LATINO, PERO NO LATINO LINDO SINO LATINO COLOQUIAL, EN FIN ESPEREMOS QUE TU SIGUIENTE PELICULA ME GUSTE, SALUDOS DE MEXICO!

Veronica

Posted at 8:10 PM on October 20, 2012

Vampiros is the mistic creature from my contry Romania and is about history …is not the best creature but is very hangry one.

jason

Posted at 2:29 PM on October 11, 2012

I knew it’s not true, because it wasn’t on the news. When people die they report it on the news

Goober

Posted at 2:46 PM on October 11, 2012

Thank God!

Lisa

Posted at 5:31 PM on October 10, 2012

Don’t believe ANYTHING ON THIS SITE!

Sabra

Posted at 2:07 PM on October 10, 2012

When a actor especially Johnny Depp there would be CNN.HLN,ABC,NBC and so on who be stopping the press to let the world know that he died and how and when and where.It would be huge.So how do these rumors start. I just think it is strange.Sad a person died,but someone took advantage of this death for a early start of marketing this up and coming movie.Just think about it again this is BIG money business and investors aren’t funny people believe me.

d.harris

Posted at 10:45 AM on October 10, 2012

johnny is one of my best actors if not the best.live to keep entertaining us .

kay

Posted at 10:32 AM on October 10, 2012

I now have a sigh of relief. I love this man even not knowing him in person. I grew up watching 21 jump street swore one day he would b my husband Nd I would make him the happiest man n the world. I’m so greatful he is still alive. He has beautiful children Nd fans that need him n the worst way. I have enjoyed everything that hes done. Hes the most gorgeous man n the world. I would do anything for him if I could. I mean that too. I’m so thankful. Thank you for letting ppl know the truth. <3 u Johnny..
<3 kay

Lisa

Posted at 5:33 PM on October 10, 2012

Think about the other persons family.