Parents Of Missing Colorado Girl Jessica Ridgeway Deny Involvement

Wed, October 10, 2012 5:01pm EDT by 5 Comments
Jessica Ridgeway Parents
Courtesy of Facebook, Courtesy of CBS (2)

As 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway has been missing for five days, her parents Sarah Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant speak for the first time, denying any involvement in their daughter’s tragic disappearance.

Jessica Ridgeway, a 10-year-old girl from Westminster, Colorado, has been missing since Friday, October 5. Her parents, Sarah Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant, have broken their silence for the first time, telling the world that they didn’t have anything to do with their daughter’s disappearance.

Sarah, joined by 10 family members, including ex-husband Jeremiah, made a public statement in FOX 31 in Denver, CO. on Tuesday, October 9. “I know I didn’t do anything. Everybody that’s here knows I didn’t do anything,” she said, adding, “Nobody in this room did anything to harm her or a tiny hair on her little head.”

Sarah said that she knew the police had to conduct an investigation before they could eliminate her as a suspect. “I know it’s something that has to get done,” she said.

Jessica has been missing since the morning of Oct. 5. She disappeared on her way to school, last seen leaving her home at 8:30 am to walk to a park three blocks away, where she was supposed to meet with friends for the walk to school. She never made it to the park. Her backpack and water bottle were found in the neighboring town of Superior.

Sarah, who works nights, didn’t receive a message from police notifying her that Jessica hadn’t made it to class until 4:30 pm, leaving an eight-hour window of time before she was aware of Jessica’s disappearance.

Jeremiah said that, when questioned by the FBI if Sarah could have had anything to do with the disappearance, he said, “No.”

We hope that Jessica is found and returned to her family safely.

– Billy Nilles

More tragic parenting news:

1. MLB Pitcher Pat Neshek’s Newborn Son Dies 23 Hours After Birth
  2. Surgeon’s Ex-Wife Strangles Four-Year-Old Son In Custody Battle
  3. Three-Year-Old Boy Falls Out Of Window To His Death

M Robles

Posted at 7:14 AM on November 3, 2012

This poor child is gone to many days have gone by. To whoever has done this horrific thing…what goes around comes around you will get yours in the end. My prayers go out to those who love and miss this child like her father…not to sure about the mother.

Rachel

Posted at 1:06 PM on October 11, 2012

Reminds me on ‘The Lovely Bones’ ..

Laurie

Posted at 12:28 AM on October 11, 2012

I work nights too, but I make darn sure my cell phone is on, volume turned up and right next to my bed – in case the schools(s) call that they have gotten hurt, etc. Only certain people have my cell phone # and they know I am sleeping during the day. The house phone is for doctor appt. reminders, etc. and that phone I can’t hear. If you really are a caring/concerned mother – you make sure there is a way for the school to get ahold of you EVEN IF YOU ARE SLEEPING!!

alana

Posted at 11:07 PM on October 10, 2012

Ok she works nights she didn’t hear the phone ring when the school called to say her daughter didn’t come to school. But why the hell didn’t she call the cops the second she got that message. I’m sorry god forbid I ever get a call like that I will call 911 right away and tell them I will be walking around looking for my child.

Lisa

Posted at 6:34 PM on October 10, 2012

This is happening way to often. I saw the parents on t.v., but i didn’t get a bad vibe from the dad ,at all. The mom? Not sure. Don’t want to point blame. I’m just hoping they find this child. This is getting out of control. I’m happy my kids are grown, but now I have to worry about my grandchildren. These cops need to do SOMETHING DIFFERENT! My thoughts and prayers go out to “ALL OF THESE FAMILIES>”! When my kids were young, my biggest problem was if they lost a book. This is so sad.