Charice Reveals Why She’s ‘So Obsessed’ With ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

Wed, October 10, 2012 9:45am EST by 45 Comments
Splashnews.com

Charice tells HollywoodLife.com that ‘Fifty Shades’ is about more than just ‘the naughty stuff.’ But would she want to star in the big-screen version?

From one international phenomenon to another, Charice apparently can’t get enough of E L James‘ racy novel Fifty Shades of Grey“I just finished the book … and I think people would get why I love it,” she told HollywoodLife.com exclusively Oct. 9 at the NYC premiere of her new movie Here Comes The Boom. “Of course, it’s not only about the naughty stuff. … It’s a different love story, and I love it.”

Charice said she thought of herself as the director of the movie while she was reading it, dreaming up the perfect actors and actresses in her head — but don’t expect her to cast herself as Christian Grey’s main squeeze!

“I don’t think I could pull of Anastasia Steele,” she admitted. “But I can play Anastasia’s sister! That’s it.”

Fortunately, Charice assured us we will be seeing her on the big screen again, even if it’s not in Fifty Shades.

“I would love to try out some other roles, like in a horror movie or something,” she revealed. “I would love to try really crazy ones.”

I think I speak for all of us when I say we’d see Charice in anything.

Chasters, what kind of movie do YOU think Charice should star in next? Drop me a comment with your best ideas!

— Andy Swift, reporting by Gino Orlandini

More Charice on HollywoodLife.com

1. Charice Teams Up With ‘The Voice’ Finalist Cheesa On New Single
  2. Charice Gets Wild In ‘Here Comes The Boom’ Trailer — Watch
  3. Charice Wins Favorite Asian Artist At 2012 Kids’ Choice Awards

cebcebbeccha05

Posted at 5:04 PM on October 10, 2012

A horror musical comedy, hehe

Ysabel912

Posted at 4:59 PM on October 10, 2012

I love Charice to do any movie as long as she showcase her vocal power but the horror one would be awesome for her as she has expressed time and again in her previous interviews that she wants to do a horror movie and play the role not of a victim but of a killer…whew!! unbelievable for a petite adorable kid to be playing that role .But knowing Charice as a fearless, tough and adventurous kid, nothing is impossible. There are no limits to your dreams Charice.. Go, soar high and make them all come true..Labyo!

Erin

Posted at 4:33 PM on October 10, 2012

A horror, musical movie, then…that’s what I want Charice to do. She will play the demure, soft-spoken, country girl who accidentally meets Frankestein while walking through a forest (a-la Judy Garland). She will “befriend” the monster and stop him from his plan to walk into town and terrorize the residents. Whadayya think?

jeno

Posted at 4:13 PM on October 10, 2012

i’d love to see her in a comedy of romantic ambience lol it suits her personality..

jun

Posted at 1:48 PM on October 10, 2012

woot! woot! nice outfit

ChasterMSP (@ChasterMSP)

Posted at 1:27 PM on October 10, 2012

I would like to see her in a recurring role in one of the TV drama, such as what she had in Glee, but more often. How about The Walking Dead?

Amy

Posted at 11:50 AM on October 10, 2012

Um Anastasia doesn’t have a sister. Did she even read the bood?

Karla (@spring_flower28)

Posted at 11:57 AM on October 10, 2012

haha Thanks Amy, you read my mind thats exactly what I wanted to say! I’m surprised nobody else caught that! LOL

Rob (@rjerome217)

Posted at 4:21 PM on October 10, 2012

If she is casting which is what they were talking about.In a movie Anastasia’s sister would exist.Movies are always different than the book.

Lziel

Posted at 11:47 AM on October 10, 2012

I agree with the comments below. I want to see Charice doing musical play in Broadway stage, a musical movie, romantic comedy and a horror movie. Ofc, I want to see her touring around the world. I’m CHAddicted! Labyo, Cha! ♥∞

lvacoustic

Posted at 11:44 AM on October 10, 2012

It`s so nice to see CHARICE doing other stuffs aside from singing. Her acting career is also booming. . blessings come to those who really work hard like CHARICE.

The RAM 0925 (@Peacefulthing)

Posted at 11:31 AM on October 10, 2012

I would love to see her in a musical, horror movie. Actually I would just want to see her in any movie…. hehehe!

deb

Posted at 11:28 AM on October 10, 2012

i want to see her to some musical film like Phantom of the Opera or Highschool Musical 4

chickencaramel

Posted at 11:20 AM on October 10, 2012

Charice for Miss Saigon movie!!!

deb

Posted at 11:23 AM on October 10, 2012

yes!!! Charice really suits the Miss Saigon role…

Zee

Posted at 11:17 AM on October 10, 2012

a musical movie, a horror movie and a action movie :D Thanks so much HL, Andy ^-^v We Gotta Watch Here Comes The BOOM! it’s a great inspirational, comedy, fighting movie.

deb

Posted at 11:12 AM on October 10, 2012

i would love to see her in a romantic musical film…

bingz

Posted at 11:07 AM on October 10, 2012

Thank you Andy Swift and Hollywood Life this article about Charice.
I love Charice. Any kind of movie I would be happy and support her.
Congratulation Charice for being a judge and mentor, X factor Philippines.

irmsmiller

Posted at 11:06 AM on October 10, 2012

OMC!!! I’m so excited for this coming friday to watch Here Comes The Boom!!!

deb

Posted at 11:24 AM on October 10, 2012

wow, lucky you, here in the Philippines Here comes the Boom will be showed maybe at January 2013…

zerocool

Posted at 10:55 AM on October 10, 2012

i would love to see charice like the walking dead movie

Miss_Saigon

Posted at 10:46 AM on October 10, 2012

Charice should be lead actress on a bi-racial, drama-comedy…a Caucasian, tall, handsome hunk, falling in love with a petite, smart/geeky Asian girl! Or she can play the lead actress of Miss Saigon!

abeng1127

Posted at 10:37 AM on October 10, 2012

i like charice do … hot stuff RED DEVIL ……….

Chizuko19

Posted at 10:19 AM on October 10, 2012

I would love to see Charice as a vampire in a movie something like Twilight or Vampire Diaries . She will be like a member of the Cullen Family or Jacob’s Clan . woootttttttttt :)))

deb

Posted at 11:27 AM on October 10, 2012

wow, that’s really something….

danny

Posted at 10:00 AM on October 10, 2012

I would love to see charice in any kind of movie, she’s natural and she’s got a lot of potentional. She is very talented and smart she inspired me.

Pit Young

Posted at 9:58 AM on October 10, 2012

Would love to see Charice in Horror movie

doug

Posted at 9:57 AM on October 10, 2012

congrats charice…for her next movie, perhaps, a singing ghost/monster in a horror movie would be great or maybe part of the cast of game of thrones, or maybe Pocahontas the movie.

chaster kris

Posted at 9:57 AM on October 10, 2012

Omg.. i’ d like her to see in a horror film or comedy film..hahahhah…

Nicole

Posted at 9:52 AM on October 10, 2012

I think she should be a main character in one horror film. maybe in Saw =))

rodell

Posted at 12:29 PM on October 10, 2012

Shes the best, she can do any thing