Charice Reveals Why She’s ‘So Obsessed’ With ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

Wed, October 10, 2012 9:45am EST by 45 Comments
Splashnews.com

Charice tells HollywoodLife.com that ‘Fifty Shades’ is about more than just ‘the naughty stuff.’ But would she want to star in the big-screen version?

From one international phenomenon to another, Charice apparently can’t get enough of E L James‘ racy novel Fifty Shades of Grey“I just finished the book … and I think people would get why I love it,” she told HollywoodLife.com exclusively Oct. 9 at the NYC premiere of her new movie Here Comes The Boom. “Of course, it’s not only about the naughty stuff. … It’s a different love story, and I love it.”

Charice said she thought of herself as the director of the movie while she was reading it, dreaming up the perfect actors and actresses in her head — but don’t expect her to cast herself as Christian Grey’s main squeeze!

“I don’t think I could pull of Anastasia Steele,” she admitted. “But I can play Anastasia’s sister! That’s it.”

Fortunately, Charice assured us we will be seeing her on the big screen again, even if it’s not in Fifty Shades.

“I would love to try out some other roles, like in a horror movie or something,” she revealed. “I would love to try really crazy ones.”

I think I speak for all of us when I say we’d see Charice in anything.

Chasters, what kind of movie do YOU think Charice should star in next? Drop me a comment with your best ideas!

— Andy Swift, reporting by Gino Orlandini

More Charice on HollywoodLife.com

1. Charice Teams Up With ‘The Voice’ Finalist Cheesa On New Single
  2. Charice Gets Wild In ‘Here Comes The Boom’ Trailer — Watch
  3. Charice Wins Favorite Asian Artist At 2012 Kids’ Choice Awards

Anna

Posted at 3:08 AM on November 17, 2012

Or she’s one of the young group to solve a mystery crime also with a bit of comedy. I also want to hear her voice singing in one of Disney’s cartoon movie something like Mulan…:)

Anna

Posted at 3:04 AM on November 17, 2012

I don’t want to see her in scary movie. Here comes the boom and something wholesome comedy or musical drama would be perfect for her.

Pres

Posted at 10:23 AM on October 28, 2012

Miss Saigon

ping in canberra ACT

Posted at 7:11 AM on October 25, 2012

Charice is cute and petit ; it suits her the role of Ariel the singing mermaid <3 that would be AWESOME!

marmalade

Posted at 12:19 AM on October 25, 2012

wow! she could act well…. Charice is a fighter…. while Oprah, her Hollywood Fairy GodMother, watches over her…

MM

Posted at 9:08 PM on October 15, 2012

Just enjoy following her career! Such a fairy tale and well deserving of her successes !! Glad its really happening to this young lady… Enjoy the ride, Charice !!

America

Posted at 10:50 AM on October 12, 2012

Love her:)

Soundtrack Buyer

Posted at 5:52 PM on October 11, 2012

Please release a soundtrack album for “Boom” that showcases Charice’s superior vocal talent. Right now!

ed

Posted at 9:24 AM on October 11, 2012

CHARICE! would luv to see her as an investigator/cop in an action suspense thriller! soo out of her box but she is pretty smart and will pull that of!

abeng1127

Posted at 6:43 AM on October 11, 2012

i like her … i want her to play the role ” little devil ” hot stuff …not horror…

cancon

Posted at 4:32 AM on October 11, 2012

Anything about Charice!!….love her voice!

Froyl

Posted at 3:30 AM on October 11, 2012

Go charice!!! We’ll support you :)

belle

Posted at 7:33 PM on October 10, 2012

in horror and action comedy, love her alot..

ping in canberra ACT

Posted at 6:11 AM on October 25, 2012

Charice is cute and petit; it suits her the role of Ariel the singing mermaid :)