‘Clueless’ Star Stacey Dash Receives Backlash For Mitt Romney Support

Tue, October 9, 2012 3:03pm EDT by 37 Comments
Stacey Dash Mitt Romney Racial
FameFlynet

Stacey voiced her support for Republican presidential candidate Mitt on Twitter — a move that she’s taken a lot of heat for! Read on for all the details.

Stacey Dash, who famously played Dionne in Clueless, took to her Twitter account on Sunday, Oct. 7 to share her choice for president in November’s election — Republican candidate Mitt Romney! It was an announcement that shocked her fans, who responded with some not-so-nice words.

In her tweet, Stacey said, “Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future.” Mitt, whose platform is often criticized for its approach to women’s rights and minority rights, might seem like an unlikely choice for Stacey — a point one fan didn’t ignore.

“@REALStaceyDash You’re an unemployed black woman endorsing @MittRomney. You’re voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot,” Tretista Kelverian, a fan, wrote on Twitter.

Stacey remained poised in the face of the criticism lobbed towards her, only replying, “My humble opinion…EVERYONE is entitled to one.”

Do you think Stacey was unfairly attacked on Twitter, HollywoodLifers?

– Billy Nilles

More 2012 Presidential Election News:

1. Mitt Romney Makes Big Bird A Star Of The 2012 Presidential Debate
  2. Barack Obama’s Post-Presidential Plans: Working With Kids
  3. Michelle Obama Defends Women’s Rights In DNC Speech

Jan

Posted at 8:05 AM on November 5, 2012

Yes, she is wrong! mitt Romney is part of the Mormon cult that up until the 1980’s, felt black were cursed people. the Romney’s are lying racists. oh well, I guess Miss Dash is still clueless.

CJ Cook

Posted at 6:36 PM on October 12, 2012

This is to address Renee without having to keep using someone else’s post…
You are so very right in your post Renee, so right.
But we ARE a country of “You owe it to me” and even worse, “You OWE it to THEM” people. That’s why we are so split.
My son is 1/4 Klamath Indian, yet I raised him that he was no better than anyone else, and although he is proud of his Heretage, he refuses to use it. Not on a job app, not on a Pell Grant app, and he can say he got accepted to 3 Universities with scholarships, and is now a proud OSU Sophmore, and hasn’t used his “preferenece” to achieve any of it.
When people ask him what he is (name of Lieden), he answers “I’m an American”…
Shamefully, Elisabeth Warden could learn a lesson from a 20 yr. old kid… Her and her kind are what’s tearing this country apart. Just IMHO.

CJ Cook

Posted at 6:40 PM on October 12, 2012

I spelled “Warren”, but missed the iPad auto correct.. Apologies.

StripAlicia

Posted at 3:55 PM on October 12, 2012

Romney is the best and only choice for the USA. The only way Obama will get back in is by default.
THAT IS MY OWN OPINION :)

Lisa

Posted at 3:52 PM on October 11, 2012

By the way, I think CJ is a fool. Just because the guy made HIMSELF MONEY, doesn’t mean he cares about the “LITTLE PEOPLE”> What a rep. FOOL!

Renee

Posted at 2:53 PM on October 11, 2012

I have read about this and not that my opinion matters im just one person but my first response is Wow. Really, if a white person said the things that was said to this girl you would call them racist and be in a uproar. But what this shows me is that some people are not making a informed decision on who to vote for but are making a decision based on the color of skin and not on who can lead our country in this time of hardship. I think that this would show that some who would like to point and say they others are racist are actually the racist. You attacked a women for making a informed decision that is not based on race but on her intelligent choice. Funny how whites are considered racist when this shows that some of the most racist people our in your own race.

Lisa 7

Posted at 3:49 PM on October 11, 2012

IT IS HER RIGHT, (AND MINE) TO VOTE FOR WHO EVER THE HELL THEY WANT! I might not agree, BUT IT IS HER RIGHT!

Renee

Posted at 4:51 PM on October 11, 2012

I agree her right no matter the color of her skin or the color of the man she votes for. That’s my point. If a white person was shouting the white man won,people would say that they are a racist,yet when a black person yells the black man won that’s just them expressing their joy that who they wanted in the white house got in. Its a double standard that shows ignorance. You can’t have it both ways, if its racist for a white person to say something,than it would be racist for a black person to say it also. Its your right to vote for who you want, that’s why this is America but if your making that call based upon color than its not a educated vote its a racist vote. And that is what is so sad. If i voted for a president because he is black or white not because of his policies than my vote is worthless, im not making a difference. Im being a racist and ignorant. Im voting for the man, not his color because in the end the man is who matters not his skin color.

Lisa

Posted at 5:13 PM on October 11, 2012

I “KNOW” I’m going to catch hell for this, but I believe black people “ARE” more predudice. Get over it. WE,(THIS GENERATION) did NOTHING WRONG! I’m sorry for what people did, but I WASN’T ALIVE THEN! Can’t we come TOGETHER? Lets vote for the issues at heart, not a color. We need to move on. Been to friggin long. We all have been through something, no matter what your color or religon. Lets stick TOGETHER NOW!

Renee

Posted at 5:57 PM on October 11, 2012

Not from me Lisa, i agree. Its the elephant in the room no one wants to point out cause god forbid you say something that someone doesn’t see as politically correct. I agree with everything you said, why are we still beating the same old subject into the ground. Its been a 100years yet who keeps pointing it out. If were equal than lets be equal and quit with the bs i mean really our whites the racist now. Like i said you don’t see white people abusing each other cause there voting for the president. But yet you see a young educated black women being attacked because she is voting for the white guy. Amazing. It shows how much race matters but not to who we always point and say it does but to those who call people racist when truly the most racist people our those who attack there own race for a decision that is theirs to make regardless of race.

Lisa

Posted at 6:07 PM on October 11, 2012

Oh my God Renee. thank you. I’m glad SOMEONE IS “FINALLY” GETTING IT. The past is the past. OK! I’M SORRY! This is NOW! Teach our kids about NOW TOO!We need to learn from the past, NOT LIVE IN IT!

Renee

Posted at 6:58 PM on October 11, 2012

Totally agree, i once read this saying “if your looking behind you into the past, you can never see the sunrise for each day begins New and no sunrise is every the same, so keep your eyes to the horizon so that your past doesn’t become where you live,but a memory to where you were and how far you’ve came “

CJ Cook

Posted at 12:58 AM on October 12, 2012

BRAVO RENEE, BRAVO!!!!

CJ Cook

Posted at 1:04 AM on October 12, 2012

Wow, the Lisa that posted about double standards on racism, and how we all need to come together to solve our very serious problems can NOT be the same Lisa that’s been posting nothing but rude, name calling posts in response to me???
If by some miracle it IS, very good post, and I wouldn’t mind reading more…

CJ Cook

Posted at 1:18 AM on October 12, 2012

Again Renee, you make the valid point very eloquently. I was simply disgusted watching two different “mainstream” media outlets going nuts over a poll that showed 56% of white males support Romney, yet the refuse to mention, or the one that did, found nothing wrong that 92% of blacks plan on voting for Obama…
We have WAY overdone trying to right many wrongs, and a large percentage of white people have jumped head first onto the notion that despising their own race is the new “hip” thing to do, and THAT, is very sad! EVERYONE, including whites, should be allowed to love, and try to preserve, their race and traditions. 56% of white people voted for an African-American to be President… Yet if you listen to most influential Black leaders, we are just as racist as we were 50 yrs ago.. Are you kidding me? Yet, people buy it, especially the self-loathing white people.

Renee

Posted at 2:22 AM on October 12, 2012

Thanks CJ, I just think most people don’t want to say it because there sacred of who they might offend. Is this America? Isn’t that our right to say what we think without being labeled a racist. Im not a huge political person, i just listen to what is going on in our country and it wounds me. What am i teaching my child, that he owes people something that he had nothing to do with that he should feel bad for people today that also had nothing to do with what happened than either. As I’ve stated b4 making a decision based on race is not a educated decision its an ignorant one. Make a decision on facts and the character of the person. If we keep ignoring the so called elephant in the room we become victims of our silence. And prisoners of someone else’s idea.

anon123

Posted at 7:54 AM on October 10, 2012

How fitting that her most famous role was in Clueless

Lauren

Posted at 8:07 PM on October 9, 2012

She has her rights she and anyone should be able to vote for who THEY LIKE!!! Pathetic!!

Debbie

Posted at 7:51 PM on October 9, 2012

idiots vote for Romney. Is she ? thinking of the impact

Stacey

Posted at 8:15 PM on October 9, 2012

How can you say idiots vote for Romney @Debbie. I don’t call you an idiot for voting for Obama, you haven’t even read your facts. Do your really believe Obama has gotten us far? What are we now, a trillion dollars in debt, people are still unemployed. He’s more worried about blowing up Iran than helping out his own country. More illegals are in the country. Our economy sucks. I don’t know what he has done for us, but hey all of us Romney fans are “idiots” because we know our facts..

Isabelle

Posted at 8:38 PM on October 9, 2012

sure, we are not in such a great place right now, but it’s not obama’s fault. It was bush who got us here, and obama is just the one having to lean up the mess. Romney is only promising to help who he believes needs help, not everyone. And romeny fans… who know their facts don’t. they just believe the lies they are being fed.

CJ Cook

Posted at 8:49 PM on October 9, 2012

Oh, and I forgot Lisa…. Someone who has Masters Degrees in business, and built a business that has made him a multi-millionaire, can’t be an idiot… If that were the case, you’d be rolling in the dough.

deb

Posted at 4:04 PM on October 9, 2012

Kelsey Grammar once said it was harder to be a republican than a cocaine addict in Hollywood. The former kept him from roles. Sucks to be vilified for your opinion.

Lisa

Posted at 4:09 PM on October 9, 2012

I hate Mitt, but we all have rights.That is what makes us “FREE”! Good luck to both candidates. But…GO OBAMA!! lol We can agree to disagree.

CJ Cook

Posted at 5:48 PM on October 9, 2012

I’m curious, how can you “Hate” someone you do not know, or am I mistaken and you’ve personally known the man.
Your statement is no better than someone saying “I hate black people”, and just as unacceptable.

Lisa

Posted at 6:09 PM on October 9, 2012

How can you NOT hate him. Loser. He doesn’t know what day it is. Ask him. lol R U 4 REAL?? Good luck honey. Hope u r not a middle class person. By the way…………………he wants to get rid of poor BIG BIRD! What a friggin joke that “BIG BIRD” is even MENTIONED IN THIS! You don’t see a problem with that? Must be……

CJ Cook

Posted at 8:57 PM on October 9, 2012

Either the word “Hate” doesn’t mean what it used to, or us Americans are right up there with Jihadists… How can you “Hate” someone that has done NOTHING to you, you do NOT know, etc…
I voted for Obama, am very angry how he has NOT been the President he promised to be, and abhor his policies. I dread him being elected.. But I don’t even dislike home, let alone HATE him?!
How can you liberals brag about being so accepting of people, Gays, Transgenders, Illegal Immigrants, etc., etc., but you cannot accept Conservatives, be kind to them, and simply strongly disagree with their policies??
I was a Democrat my entire voting life. But when it turned Ito what it is now, full of HATERS (in your own words), I became an Independent.
Does it ever even cross your minds (and I’m addressing ANYONE who uses such foul, hateful words towards people simply because they disagree on Politics?? It’s simply mind boggling…

Kate

Posted at 3:57 PM on October 9, 2012

Anyone who attacks her by using race is the one who is a racist. Disgusting. I see freedom of speech only matters when liberals like what they hear.

Lisa

Posted at 6:11 PM on October 9, 2012

I hope u r not talking 2 me, cause I NEVER mention race. NEVER!

CJ Cook

Posted at 9:01 PM on October 9, 2012

No, you just spew hateful words (except you use as few words as possible)… What do you think Racism is rooted in, my dear, bright, Lisa.. HATE.. But I guess hate is okay, as long as the one you are hating isn’t a minority… How is that College Degree going by the way?

Lisa

Posted at 6:17 PM on October 9, 2012

Funny how CJ COOK didn’t leave a reply. Must be male. I NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RACE, or ANYTHING! I have a gay son. Was in love with a certain person. I am just stating my opinion. I’m not hurting anyone. I am NOT A RACIST, I can guarentee that.

Lisa

Posted at 10:24 AM on October 10, 2012

Thanks Kate. Didn’t know RACE had anything to do with the economy. White men put us in this mess. I’m far from racist. Just a white girl voting for a man. OBAMA!

CJ Cook

Posted at 1:17 PM on October 10, 2012

No Lisa, you are just a White girl who loathes her own race. And although you won’t care a bit, Obama has spent $4 trillion more in 3 1/2 yrs (added to the debt) than Bush spent in 8….
And the two wars Bush started raged until near the end of his last term, so Obamas spending doesn’t even include the cost Bush incurred during 8 yrs of raging wars, protecting us from another 9/11, and tax cuts for us all.
And of course, you, like all your kind, won’t even fault your guy when it is in arguably a fact… Such as having total control of the Govt. for his first two years, and got nothing done.. Not a budget, not closing Gitmo, no Immigration reform…
But I have a strange feeling, since you have failed to respond to my many replies, after posting that I “must be a man because he hasn’t replied”, that you have blocked my posts, or are you now refusing to answer a post, like those worthless men do?

Lisa 7

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 10, 2012

I BLOCKED NOTHING! There are 3 lisas on this site. from now on I will go by lisa 7. OK? Now that it’s straight, STOP YELLING AT ME! LOL

CJ Cook

Posted at 2:35 PM on October 10, 2012

Well, I apologize for confusing you (why do they allow same names? Talk about confusing?)…
Anyway, I still am saddened at your “White Man” comment, and it is racist in its context (would saying “it’s the black mans fault” if referring to Obama??)..
And you do realize that it is not just the President who spends the money, right? That Congress and the Senate have to approve spenditures, and there are a good percentage of Minorities in that Govternment?
So your stating that a “White Man” got us into this mess is not only a racist comment, but also completely inaccurate…
That’s one of our (Americans) biggest weaknesses, people vote other people into office without even knowing how Government is structured, or how the processes work.
They only know who’s the coolest, and how many stars support them, and many times (Howard Stern just proved this) don’t even know who the candidates are, or anything about the candidates outside of one “News” outlet (some think Jon Stewart is a news program with just a comedic anchor)…
If you have any kids Lisa7, they owe $132,000.00 RIGHT NOW, as their share of the National Debt.
How does that sit with you? “Your” guy, added more to that debt than every other President in our history (including Bush), COMBINED!!
Lastly, I use capitals for emphasis, not yelling.. Have a good day!

Lisa 7

Posted at 2:48 PM on October 10, 2012

OK! ONCE AGAIN, I’m Lisa 7 now. I wouldn’t tell anyone who I will vote for. To be honest, this country is in a mess and I don’t know if my 1 vote will even matter. I think a LOT of people feel this way. I hope we bounce back, NO MATTER WHO GETS IN!

palvinder singh

Posted at 3:48 PM on October 9, 2012

thanks for giving me the latest news Stacey Dash …!