Mariah Carey Tells Barbara Walters: Nicki Minaj Threatened To Shoot Me

Thu, October 4, 2012 1:07pm EDT by 6 Comments
Mariah Carey Nicki Minaj American Idol
FameFlynet

Nicki Minaj threatened Mariah Carey : “If I had a gun, I would shoot the b**ch,” according to Mariah in an exclusive interview with Barbara Walters, revealed on ‘The View’ this morning, Oct. 4.

The explosive American Idol fight between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, revealed on video, just took a far darker turn.

Barbara spoke directly to Mariah on Oct. 4 and the longtime journalist shared Mariah’s feelings on today’s episode of The View, telling viewers that Mariah said, “What you heard was troublesome. What the real problem is is that when Nicki walked off the set, multiple people heard Nicki say ‘If I had a gun, I would shoot the b**ch.’ She was overheard by several producers and hairdressers. Nicki has not apologized. There was a meeting yesterday morning [Oct. 3] and after, Nicki said ‘I love you, but we may fight again,’ and I said ‘no, we won’t.'”

Mariah is now at home with her twins, Moroccan and Monroe, she has hired extra security, and she’s focusing on the show at this time.

Mariah told Barbara, “I don’t feel comfortable emotionally, but I love the show and mentoring contestants.”

Mariah also told Barbara that there is a photo shoot today, Oct. 4, and the both of them are scheduled to appear.

Barbara told the audience that Keith Urban shared that he “just wants things to be normal.” He probably does not know that Nicki dissed EVERY judge on Idol since its inception!

After The View segment aired, Nicki took to Twitter to threaten Barbara!

How do YOU feel, HollywoodLifers? Whose side are you on?

— Chris Rogers

More American Idol news:

1. Nicki Minaj Curses Out Mariah Carey During ‘American Idol’ Auditions
  2. Nicki Minaj & Mariah Carey Feuding On Set Of ‘American Idol’ — Report
  3. Mariah Carey: Why She’s Demanding Diva Treatment On ‘American Idol’

Patrick

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 4, 2012

I was wondering how much of this supposed drama on American Idol was true until I read this article. I’m not saying I totally believe it is now, but having Barbara Walters say something is convincing. My coworker at DISH watches American Idol more than I do and follows it closely. They told me they have read about nothing but tension between the two. When the show airs my Hopper DVR will record it automatically. It will actually record all the shows in prime time from the four major networks. I think it would be best to watch recorded. That way I can fast forward through the drama.

Lisa

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 4, 2012

Think BARBARA should have heard BOTH SIDES before she opened her “never ending ,self centered mouth.” Keep looking at the monitors BARBARA! You’re not looking good old lady.

Mia003

Posted at 5:52 PM on October 4, 2012

What does it matter? There is no reason to tell someone you are going to beat them up and shoot them. Very immature. She is acting like a diva and a brat and threaten someone’s life just because they don’t agree with her. Nicki needs to get over herself and she needs to be fired because she threaten violence and to shoot her.

Mariah Rocks & Nikki FAILS

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 4, 2012

nikki should be FIRED, what a wrong unprofessional girl…

Lisa

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 4, 2012

NO DARLING! I couldn’t stand that constent ego either. R U SERIOUS?

Lucille7777

Posted at 5:09 PM on October 4, 2012

I agree with you, Nicki should be fired, and AI should ask Paula Abdul back because she is a fan favorite and knows the ropes at AI, perfect solution.