Kate Gosselin: My Marriage Didn’t End Because Of Reality TV

Thu, October 4, 2012 12:46pm EDT by 17 Comments
Courtesy of ABC, FameFlynet

Kate opened up about her failed marriage on ‘Katie’ and revealed that ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8′ wasn’t to blame! Read on for all the details!

Kate Gosselin‘s world changed when she introduced her family to the world through reality TV! But the 37-year-old mom says her divorce with Jon Gosselin, 35, wasn’t because of the rolling cameras — it was going to happen any way!

“A lot of people try to pin reality TV and say, ‘My gosh. It ended in divorce. Big surprise.’ We went through a lot. The signs were always there, and obviously having eight kids in a short span of time didn’t help that. And I’m not at all blaming my kids, I’m just saying,” Kate told Katie Couric on Oct. 3.

Jon and Kate’s 10-year marriage officially ended in December 2009. The mom of eight went on to say that the “red flags” were always there and that their relationship was never perfect.

” I know the red flags were always there. So looking back, had you never heard the names Jon and Kate Gosselin, I’m certain that I would be in that spot now. It’s hard because like any mom I just want the best for my kids,” she said.

It was a very emotional interview which eventually caused Kate to break out in hives!  Kate said she’s single and ready to find love again — and she’s even open to document her love life on TV!

“After a few years and realizing my barriers to dating and loving TV and the experiences … I feel like honestly, that was my idea! I would do it! But I think it would be fun and allow me to meet people and have fun. It will show my fun side. I think it would be really fun,” she said.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think reality TV is to blame for Kate’s failed marriage? Weigh in and vote below.

[Katie]

More Kate Gosselin News:

1. Jon Gosselin Says Sorry For What He Did To Kate Gosselin
  2. Kate Gosselin Shares Sextuplet Birthday Party Photos
  3. ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Producers Plan To Ask Kate Gosselin To Do All-Star Season

Sue Kandy

Posted at 6:38 PM on January 16, 2014

The way she treated Jon was obscene! That poor guy couldn’t do anything right in her eyes! I am surprised he didn’t dump her fat butt years earlier!

uggg

Posted at 12:57 PM on October 5, 2012

This woman is a child abuser.Spanking is one thing….she hit these kids,babies at the age of 2 as hard as she could.Kate whips them around by their hair,and throws them in their CRIBS. Words right out of the witches mouth. Those kids need help,and no one is doing anything about it.

For any tv network,or show to have her on or offer her a show is mind-boggling.Kate Gosselin is a CHILD ABUSER.

Eagle

Posted at 9:54 AM on October 5, 2012

She is soooo ugly. No one wants this biyatch

SheilaC

Posted at 12:42 AM on October 5, 2012

Who cares about this woman she is addicted to fame and the money that comes with…please no one wants to see this woman date on a show…Kate grow the hell up and raise your darn kids out of the lime life “enough is enough “

jojo

Posted at 8:35 AM on October 5, 2012

Yup so agree, that phony smile, hair, boobs, and lipo..the way she talked to Jon..omg I would of slapped her..nobody really cares anymore about this family!!

Delta

Posted at 9:59 PM on October 4, 2012

Kate needs to STFU. The realest of reality shows is how Kate described their show. BS. IF the marriage was over why go to Hawaii to renew their wedding vows and she tells the kids”mommy and daddy will always be together”? Was she hoping to get an oscar nomination.? Everything about Kate is so phoney it’s sick, Tummy tuck, lipo suction, chin implant, horse teeth, botox, nose job, orang skin, nails, boob job, the list goes on and on..this is reality? Kate wants Hollywood to take note HA HA HA. Her kids have suffered so much because of kates being a star addiction.The boys have mainly been her punching bag, she also beats the girls but poor Collin and Aaden get the brunt of her wrath. She always said boys were icky. Simply astonishing that a mother would give her child 5 days in which to potty train…poor Aaden got beaten for that one.Let the Gosselin 8 sneak into your prayers they truly need them. Hug your kids they need love.

Lina

Posted at 9:39 PM on October 4, 2012

Wow the blotches on Kate’s neck are so evident. She is nervous because she is lying. Kate has evil eyes. Her eyes are not soft and her face is very hard. I guess she is made out of steel….cold and hard. In a sick way I think she even likes bad press because it gives her the attention she craves. She has been on every talk show repeating the same thing over and over. What really is sickening is when she says “I’ve been through a lot.” What about the kids??? Its always about Kate.

stormyboo

Posted at 8:41 PM on October 4, 2012

Ok I have 2 so”s. 1] So she/they/her whatever decided to have all the kids. knowing that they would end up divorced? 2] So is that why she treated him like crap because she know the marriage would be ending? “Documenting her love life” are you kidding me ?

Lynne

Posted at 6:36 PM on October 4, 2012

Help me out here.

On Katie she said that the kids didn’t even miss a beat when the show stopped and there was nothing at all out of the ordinary. Yet, back when the show was canceled, she said “Times 8 there was wailing in the car when I told them no more filming”, and she went on and on about how upset the kids were and how they were worried about losing their house, school, and all the fears Kate instilled in them.

Which is it? Her stories change so much according to which edition will benefit her cause at any given moment, but she contardicts herself ALL THE TIME!!!

Lynne

Posted at 6:37 PM on October 4, 2012

***Contradicts

towniesman

Posted at 6:23 PM on October 4, 2012

what a lying piece of dog crap this woman is…yhe hives prove that, good call hollywood life

mountainprepper

Posted at 2:21 PM on October 4, 2012

The marriage ended because she is a hopelessly delusional and manipulative narcissist and any man not a total dish rag would not put up with a week of her abuse. She is without a doubt a horrid monster unable to understand that the world is not here to serve her – typically dangerous and hate-filled narcissist. Now many have ever pointed out her bizarre racism and artificial elitism.

Michelle

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 4, 2012

It ended because she was a controlling Bi*#h. She treated everyone around her like scum on her shoe, including her kids. All you have to do is watch the Sarah Palin episode that featured her and her kids going to Alaska and you can see she truly cares ONLY about herself. She is a spoiled brat!

kati284

Posted at 1:32 PM on October 4, 2012

I don’t think it was reality tv that caused the break up- though Jon did mention he didn’t like being famous and what not. But I think they obviously just weren’t meant to be.

Goober

Posted at 1:07 PM on October 4, 2012

It was her OCD and controlling ways. Good luck finding someone that will put up with THAT!

melanie

Posted at 6:46 PM on October 4, 2012

This women abused her children for years and TLC watched it for the sack of ratings and money. They are as much to blame

Jasmine

Posted at 9:06 PM on July 4, 2013

You people are so cruel. How many of you were given twins PLUS sextuplets to raise?? They say they did the show initially because they needed the money. And, of course, with one stupid decision after the other, their lives spiraled out of control, all for the sake of money. People’s lives are ruined from money problems all the time. Their lives were just aired on TV. Give the lady a break. Her kids are well-behaved, fed nutritious meals, and her house is clean. GOOD FOR HER!!