‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Mark Sloan Signs His Own Death Warrant

Thu, October 4, 2012 11:46pm EDT by 16 Comments 11,294 Article Views
Courtesy of ABC

Annie Lavelle

Posted at 4:19 PM on February 26, 2014

I don’t want mark sloan to die he is a good man and he is dreak best mate and I want to say that I want him to be life and he is mc steaming and dreamy

Asia

Posted at 3:38 PM on January 18, 2014

I was also hurt when Lexi died, O’Miley died, and the very first thoracic doctored left and never came back after Dr. Yang didn’t go through it with the marriage.

Lyern Riedl

Posted at 10:04 PM on November 20, 2012

I am disappointed in Grays for a different reason…. the new interns have no
personalities, they act like teenagers, imature ones at that. Its too early to pair them
up for closet romances, using the term loosly. Makes it easy for the writers where is the
real meat/story line? Also, Christinas’ sour attitude and demeanor is getting old. Just
not as good a program as in the past. Lee, Seattle

Maxine Whittington

Posted at 1:41 AM on November 8, 2012

I never heard about a recap on October 4th. What channel was it on and what time was it on? I would be grateful if you could let me no please. Has mark died in real life as you put his birth date down to present time.

amanda

Posted at 2:51 PM on October 18, 2012

They are making the show so UNREALISTIC now. Since when did the doctors becme the patients? Stop killing the doctors off. Honestly.. Even if Eric Dane and Chyler were planning to exit the show.Shonda didnt have to kill their characters, they could’ve just moved to a different country together and have a bunch of babies. That would’ve been more realistic than killing them. She keeps killing off everyone that doesn’t want to be n the show anymore. Its so frustrating

Anu

Posted at 8:42 AM on October 31, 2012

Totally agree, there is a limit to killing characters…patients one understands they are critical but killing doctors for the heck of it is in real bad taste and depressing…messg is all in fu***d in life…such a bad pessimistic outlook…not keen on the season at all…better to switch to other shows…

amanda

Posted at 1:12 AM on October 17, 2012

I cannot understand why the best character on the show (in my opinion) had to die. They’re suppose to be the doctors and save lives. Now they are the freaking patients. That doesn’t make the show more interesting it makes it .ore frustrating.. Its like.. Who’s next

cheri

Posted at 7:24 AM on October 7, 2012

I cannot believe they didn’t explain what happened to Mark! I was surprise to see that he was completely fine in the hospital before he went into a coma. I was so glad my Hopper recorded it automatically with PrimeTime Anytime, because the season just started and I completely forgot it aired on Thursday. A co-worker at DISH reminded me that it was on, and I had to watch it last night, because I was dying to see what happened in the plane crash. I too want an explanation on why Mark went into a coma and died. I hope that in the next few episodes they explain the reasoning.

louise

Posted at 3:56 PM on October 5, 2012

I too want a medical reason why Mark died…..it totally wasn’t clear in the episode. Explain people! If it was internal injuries, they would have been performing surgery after surgery on him – they are all surgeons afterall!

rotaville

Posted at 3:06 PM on October 5, 2012

I’ve been a Grey’s fan from the beginning but I have to say I do not like how this season has started. The first two episodes have left me irritated, frustrated and ready to give up.

kelly

Posted at 11:10 AM on October 5, 2012

Marks gone. I’M OUT.

LittleMo

Posted at 10:38 AM on October 5, 2012

I stopped watching when Mark and Lexie broke up and then Shonda “All-Time Liar” Rimes kept on telling the Mark/Lexie fans “keep watching, be patient, hang in there,the re-union is coming, etc.” I peaked in now and then to see when – AND IF – it woudl actually happen. So what did our fan base get? Maybe 10 minutes in the seaon 8 finale and SR kills off both of them. I’ve never seen a fan base so completely blown off like this one was. GA has become the “Callie and Arizona Show” for 3 years – they have more air time and s/l than even Meredith and Derek. Last year when it was unknown if Ellen and Patrick were going to return Chyler had said in an interview that she would have no problem being the “Grey’ in “Grey’s Anatomy” but all of a sudden now they expect us to believe that she and Shonda were planning her exti all last season?: Fans know this is a just a TV show but nobody likes to be lied to, used, or made a fool out of and Shonda did all 3 of those to the Mark/Lexie fans. It’s like dangling a carrot in front of a running donkey, telling the donkey to keep going b/c he’ll catch the carrot, and then when you finally let him catch it, the only part that is actually carrot is the very tip – the rest is all colored rubber. That’s what Shonda Rimes did to this fan base. I can only remember a fan base being so completely blown off like this once before and it was a fan base for a soap opera couple. I used to watch GA faithfully but I quit and have come to detest it so much I’ll never watch again.

Nancy

Posted at 8:27 AM on October 5, 2012

Can you explain or what actually killed Mark, medically speaking? They said he was terminal, btu from what? Why didn’t they do more to save him? After last nights shcw I am more confused than ever.

Jo

Posted at 9:33 AM on October 5, 2012

Mark had major internal injuries, it you watch the finale from last year and then episode 2 of this year and then the premiere ( which is how they should have aired them) then it makes more sense. In the finale he had cardiac tampenade (blood around his heart) and they had to do McGyver surgery on him in the woods and then as Christina says in last nights episode he kept dying on her and she had to keep saving him for four days in the woods. So I assume he had massive internal injuries that they couldn’t do anything else to fix. Hope that helps!

Dorothy

Posted at 2:39 PM on October 5, 2012

I, too, feel cheated. They portrayed Mark as coming right along medically, and didn’t even say he had major internal injuries or anything specific. Some kind of end of life Energy Surge caused him to look/act happy? It was all Just Kidding? Seriously?!! It’s a medical show — give us a medical explanation for why he was terminal!

Albhen

Posted at 4:12 PM on July 28, 2014

I was really really sad to see Mark and Lexie leave the show but that did not make me stop watching but if Ellen or Patrick ever leave the show me and my entire family will stop watching the show