Ships! Surprises! Single tears! HollywoodLife.com got an early look at the show’s Oct. 11 premiere — and it’s bloody good.
Even if Ian Somerhalder wasn’t on it, the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries would still have plenty in common with Fifty Shades of Grey — it’s a non-stop hour of physical, and emotional, torture for the people of Mystic Falls. And while Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) potential transition into vampire-hood remains at the forefront of the episode, there really is so much more to look forward to.
Here are 12 mini spoilers — and a few swoon-y observations — from the premiere:
1. I’ll answer your first question right away: Elena has big moments with both Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon — and although our little doppelganger definitely leans more heavily towards one brother, I think there’s enough in the premiere for both ships to enjoy.
2. There’s a very special surprise guest star, and long-time fans of the show will love seeing him/her/it again.
3. Both of the Salvatore brothers have epic, single-tear moments.
4. Damon’s pretty angry about a lot of things, and he takes his frustration out on everyone — including Elena.
5. I think you’ll be really impressed by Michael Trevino as Klaus. His portrayal is equal parts chilling, sexy and unpredictable.
6. As I say every fall, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) has once again aged like a fine wine — and he clearly spent his entire hiatus at the gym.
7. The premiere sees a major power shift in Mystic Falls’ government.
8. “Tyler” forces Bonnie (Kat Graham) to make a dark, life-or-death decision — and oh yes, there will be consequences.
9. Matt (Zach Roerig) is given a chance to “prove” just how badly he feels about Elena’s death.
10. There’s a fleeting moment of Barbie bonding between Caroline (Candice Accola) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) — but it’s not long before Becks goes back to being a total bitch.
11. Elena gets the award for the biggest understatement of the hour: “Everything’s about to change.”
12. The ending is nothing short of explosive.
That’s all I can say for now, so hopefully I’ve given you enough details to chew on until next week’s season premiere. Since we still have a while to wait, drop me a comment below with your hopes, fears and predictions for season 4!
— Andy Swift
More Vampire Diaries season 4 scoop:
- New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Elena Admits She Loves Stefan & Damon
- New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Pics: A Funeral In Mystic Falls
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Premiere Scoop: An ‘Unexpected Tragedy’ In Mystic Falls