Kate Gosselin Cries & Breaks Out In Hives On ‘Katie’

Wed, October 3, 2012 5:05pm EDT by 31 Comments
Kate Gosselin Katie Couric
Courtesy of Katie

Kate appeared on ‘Katie’ on Oct. 3 and she started crying while talking about her past year and then she admitted she wants to have a dating reality show!

Kate Gosselin has admitted that she’s a “polarizing” person. But the reality star became very emotional during her interview with Katie Couric. When Katie asked her how she’s doing, Kate got choked up.

“I have been through a lot sorry,” she said fighting back tears. “So when you’ve gone through a lot you realize what’s important. I’m learning to let the little stuff go. Yeah, I feel like everybody as you get older … you mature. My heart was always in the right place.”

As Kate spoke, she broke out into hives! She also revealed that she’s planning on having a dating reality TV show.

“It is true,” she said. “After a few years and realizing my barriers to dating and loving TV and the experiences … I feel like honestly, that was my idea! I would do it! But I think it would be fun and allow me to meet people and have fun. It will show my fun side. I think it would be really fun.”

[Katie]

— Chloe Melas

More Kate Gosselin News:

1. Jon Gosselin Says Sorry For What He Did To Kate Gosselin
  2. Kate Gosselin Shares Sextuplet Birthday Party Photos
  3. ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Producers Plan To Ask Kate Gosselin To Do All-Star Season

Kate

Posted at 8:47 PM on February 8, 2013

I don’t see the hives…

Ashley

Posted at 11:29 PM on October 26, 2012

Kate has a fun side? I think she lost it a long time ago, along with her sense of humor, heart, conscience, brains, and morals.

May

Posted at 9:22 AM on October 11, 2013

I think it’s quite ignorant and cruel of you to judge someone who is trying to raise 8 young children by herself except for occasional weekends with Dad. She doesn’t have nannies raising her kids every day like most wealthy, she does it. If you actually watch the show, it’s obvious she loves her kids, she makes every trip with them a hands-on learning experience, & she disciplines them, which is something most parents right now need to learn to do so they can stop raising such brats.

How dare any of us judge a woman who gave birth to sextuplets and twins while struggling to be able to buy diapers and food for years? How dare we judge her for basking in the glow of loving herself, improving her self-confidence and appearance, trying to make herself and her kids happier, taking opportunities to travel and do things she never imagined as a PA housewife of 8 that she’d ever get to do? After being the stressed responsible one for so long, she deserves to take these opportunities with her kids and enjoy them!

Go Away Already

Posted at 9:05 AM on October 16, 2012

So, so sorry control freak biotch!…….However, your 15 minutes of fame are up!…..goodbye!

uggg

Posted at 7:37 PM on October 6, 2012

Kate Gosselin is a CHILD ABUSER.She hit 2 year olds as hard as she could and tossed them around by their hair.Words from her own mouth….she hit them so hard she really thought she hurt on bad THIS time.
Why are you deleting my posts? It’s TRUE! Anyone who gives her a job on tv is enabling a CHILD ABUSER!

Lisa

Posted at 7:43 PM on October 6, 2012

They deleted mine too. Guess they only publish what they want to hear! I’m with YOU!

Charlene

Posted at 8:14 AM on October 5, 2012

she’s a mean woman. period amen and I think Jon is a saint for staying married to her for 10 years. If she berated him on TV you can imagine what she did at home with no cameras.

Lisa

Posted at 9:10 AM on October 4, 2012

I’m not buying that act. Katie lost this viewer. I won’t watch ANYTHING that has her on. Go…Be gone..POOF!

Why Katie would you bring her back?

Posted at 11:36 PM on October 3, 2012

No and no. She’s finally OFF TV!! Shame on Katie Couric for indulging her. Katie C. just lost a viewer.

GiGi

Posted at 11:33 PM on October 3, 2012

Boo Hoo Hoo!! What a faker. Kate sure can turn those tears on for dramatic effect can’t she? She’s trying to sell it but we certainly aren’t buying it. Please just go away!!

jj

Posted at 9:34 PM on October 3, 2012

Always crying unless she is getting what she wants. I will not watch her in any show for any reason.

Wendi

Posted at 8:11 PM on October 3, 2012

She continues her same disgusting lies and partial truths. She is a known and proven liar and I would love to see a real and authentic interview where someone with the true facts can address Kate Gosselin and really watch her squirm and not always get away with her lying.

I do not hate many people, but Kate Gosselin personifies a lack of morals and ethics. SHE IS A BULLY.

That Dude

Posted at 7:33 PM on October 3, 2012

Poor, poor me. I have 8 kids. I have millions in the bank and major mental issues, but please pity my poor life. I am a victim. ME. I have no talent, someone please pay me to travel, and date, and travel. For ME.

GiGi

Posted at 11:46 PM on October 3, 2012

That Dude….. Spot on!!

mustlovepuppies

Posted at 7:31 PM on October 3, 2012

Shame on Katie Couric for having Kate on her show. Kate will only go away if people shop reading her books, or watching her on TV.

GiGi

Posted at 11:35 PM on October 3, 2012

Couldn’t agree more! And are any of us buying the new softer, gentler, kinder Kate? Not me!!!

Kimberly

Posted at 7:21 PM on October 3, 2012

This woman is an evil monster who has physically and emotionally abused her children since they were babies. She will stop at nothing to get her botoxed plastic face with those horse teeth veneers back on TV. All she cares about is getting more millions for doing absolutely nothing. She is a money grubbing fame whore. What goes around comes around and I can’t wait till she gets everything she deserves. Everyone needs to read the book Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World.

teresa darienzo (@popems42)

Posted at 7:14 PM on October 3, 2012

When Katie ask her if she was dating, Kate said she didn’t have the time to date(what with 8, count em 8 kids) but in the next breath she wants a dating show. God this woman is unbearable to watch.

GiGi

Posted at 11:39 PM on October 3, 2012

That’s right Teresa! Spin it Kate Spin it!!

Delta

Posted at 6:56 PM on October 3, 2012

So Kate shed some tears? Big freaking deal…where were her tears when she beat the crap outta her babies? If and when Robert Hoffmans book comes back you all need to read it. Kate Gosselin~ How she fooled the world. OMG The woman is pure evil. By the way..the book is in her own words..read them and then shed some tears for her poor kids!

stormyboo

Posted at 6:27 PM on October 3, 2012

I don’t believe that Kate will ever be back on reality TV, wait…. she has a fun side that would be fun to show, a fun side? Is that something new? I don’t remember her being fun, I remember her all OCDing all the time, screaming, and sorta being mean to the kids, she has stopped that?

RobBen

Posted at 6:08 PM on October 3, 2012

Does ANYONE within the Hollywood Life staff spell check their their articles, or have any educational background that really gives them a right to compose these online articles? OMG PLEASE IN THE VERY LEAST CHLOE MELAS SPELLCHECK YOUR ARTICLES!!!! you should be crying over your improper use of how you composed this article!

Lisa

Posted at 6:16 PM on October 3, 2012

OH SHUT UP! > HO TUSH PU! FIGURE THAT OUT! IDIOT!

RobBen

Posted at 6:58 PM on October 3, 2012

You my dear are pure trash. May someone give you guidance on how to properly behave in society. You are quite tragic and a bully who needs to be taught a lesson. Tragic really but we know you must be terribly unhappy and lost.

Lisa

Posted at 9:27 AM on October 4, 2012

I’m a bully because I can’t stand Kate? Then there’s a lot of bullys on here today.

dessertgirl

Posted at 5:56 PM on October 3, 2012

Kate still doesn’t understand that no one wants to watch her travel with eight kids. We have the National Geographic and Travel channels that offer much better insight on travel. Her kids just aren’t interesting. She hasn’t allowed them to cultivate talents. They don’t take music or ballet lessons. They don’t go to brownies, girl scouts of cub scouts. They can’t because the whole world revolves around Kate.

Please make her go away! The aroused publicity of the book hopefully will alert possible producers that this is a toxic woman that no one can stand. Of course the kids miss the trips, there was always the possibility that the show would end sometime before the kids graduated from high school which was Kate’s wish.

Jaki

Posted at 5:56 PM on October 3, 2012

This woman is cuckoo…

GiGi

Posted at 11:51 PM on October 3, 2012

The truth shall set you free! So Katie you are free to go back to your mansion and stay there. We really don’t want to see you anymore!!!!!

Victoria McGuire

Posted at 5:53 PM on October 3, 2012

REALLY, KATE? YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT REALITY IS. BREAKING OUT IN HIVES ON A LIVE SHOW? THAT’S A SIGN OF TENSION AND LYING. NERVOUS BREAKOUT.

Read the book

Posted at 5:45 AM on October 7, 2012

Nervous break out is right.Kate was scared and the hives proved it.Why the hives?Kate is a liar.She could have said…the book is filled with lies and thats all I can say atm.But she didnt..she tried to squeeze out a few tears,saying poor me.Hey kate! Why can’t you go on dates and meet people and show your fun side WITHOUT being paid of filmed? OH thats right…You dont do a damn thing without being paid….and that includes doing anything with the kids. The kids want you to date? Yeah right! They are willing to let you do anything just to get you away from them and not get beat for the night.You don’t have the time to date…unless it’s being filmed and you’r getting paid,and getting away from the kids. You make me sick.This will not go away katie….You have been outted….you ARE a child abuser.The world is in on it now. You Are Done!

Shelly in Canada

Posted at 5:33 PM on October 3, 2012

Good I hate those fake tears.
Too bad her abused kids cried real tears, as she beat them over and over.
Go be a decent mom for once, before ‘s too late, monster mum.