Amber Portwood In Tears: ‘I Don’t Even Matter’ To Baby Leah

Wed, October 3, 2012 5:14pm EDT by 13 Comments
Amber Portwood Prison Interview
Courtesy of MTV

In MTV’s new special, ‘Amber Behind Bars’, Amber tears up in an interview with Dr. Drew Pinsky as she reveals that  baby daddy Gary, Shirley hasn’t even brought baby Leah to visit her in jail. Click to watch.

Amber Portwood‘s life has been on a downward spiral ever since we first met her on MTV’s hit television show 16 & Pregnant. After repeated drug use and rehab violations, Amber is  now locked up in Indiana’s Rockville Correctional Facility  for up to five years. Now she’s speaking out from behind bars in an emotional interview with Dr. Drew Pinksy.

Poor Amber. The  Teen Mom, 22, tells Dr. Drew Pinsky that she feels like ‘ s**t, because Gary  has refused to visit her in jail and that means that he has also NOT brought  baby Leah to visit her in jail. ‘ I’ve sent papers to Gary to sign twice’ so  he could bring Leah to see me but he hasn’t done that, Amber  told Dr. Drew sadly. It makes me  feel “like I don’t even matter – I never mattered,” Amber confesses. So far Amber’s only visiter in jail, has been her mother.

But what really and understandably had Amber crying was talking about how her daughter, Leah, almost 3, tells her ‘I love you” and “I miss you’  when she talks to her on the phone. ‘ I want to come over to your house’ baby Leah has told Amber in jail. ” She doesn’t understand that I’m in jail, ” Amber explains to Dr. Drew and then points out that ” I don’t know what to say- what do you say to a 3 year-old.”

So true Amber. Your heart really goes out to Amber  when she admits that she has let her daughter Leah down. ” How many times can you keep letting a kid down.”

For the rest of Amber’s heartrending interview with Dr. Drew tune in Oct. 9 to watch MTV’s special Amber Portwood Behind Bars.

What do you think about Amber Portwood’s interview with Dr. Drew, HollyMoms?

MTV

– Charlotte Nichols

More on Amber Portwood’s Prison Sentence:

1. Amber Portwood Prison Protection — Fellow Inmate, Sugarfoot, Has Her Back
  2. Amber Portwood Prison Weight Loss — Drops 25 Lbs Behind Bars
  3. Amber Portwood In Jail — Slammer Time Has Teen Mom ‘Very Depressed’

wtfever

Posted at 1:11 PM on October 7, 2012

I think Indiana judges are wacked!
Their hating on amber!
Yes she should’ve been punished but not to this extent!!!
EXAMPLE*-&-*-+>>>>>
my brown got outta prison n Ohio 10 months ago after spending a flat FIVE YEAR sentence for selling drugs.
He was recently sentenced back to Ohio prison after he was caught w 106 pot plants.. dangerous drugs to resell.. cocaine … drug tools and 16000 cash.
He got sentensed to 6 years n Ohio prison!

A LADY GAVE HER BABY VICODIN RO MAKE IT FO RO AKEEP SO SHE COULD GO OUT…IT DIED! SHE FOR FIVE YEARS IN PRISON FOR MAN SLAUGHTER!!!!
and here amber only hit her fat loud mouth sneeky douches Baghdad and probation violation n she got 5 years n prison and her babytaken away!?!?!?!
EYF MAN WHRE IS THE JUSTICE IN ALL THIS????
Indiana court is straight up sacked n her family should summon a higher court!
She also needs a better lawyer cause this is straight up bull shiiiit!
I’m not a amber fan..I don’t even like her but justice is wrong and right is right n wrong is wrong!”!!!”!”””!”

Goober

Posted at 1:34 PM on October 7, 2012

You forgot that she had a choice. Rehab or prison. SHE CHOSE PRISON. Her own fault.

justme

Posted at 12:51 PM on October 7, 2012

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHY GARY DID NOT GET INTO TROUBLE FOR BABY LEAH CARRYING AROUND CONDOMS???!!!! IT WAS ON NATIONAL TV YET CPS HASN’T EVEN QUESTIONED IT!!!!!!!!
THAT TWINKIE EATING FOOL SHOULDN’T HAVE THAT BABY!

Lisa

Posted at 1:16 PM on October 7, 2012

OH PLEASE! Now you’re being rediculous. Kids touch all kinds of things. When he didn’t USE CONDOMS people complained. Now he IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, you complain. Give the guy a break. At least he takes care of his daughter. How many times did you see Amber dress, change, or comb that kids hair? Give me a break. She had a strange guy change that baby. She’s right where she belongs.

HONESTLY

Posted at 12:46 PM on October 7, 2012

Well Amber u should have NEVER chose prison over rehab!!!
Although I really believe the system is being a little to harsh on you n perhaps making an example out of you!
I do hope you get better n stronger for both you n Leah!
Gary your a total looser! You have to many people fooled!
You are part of the reason she is even in there! Your sneeky abusive words always trying to undermine and be little amber!
Just like on Leah’s birthday.. just because amber woke up n no longer wanted your fat a$s you cussed her n refused to let her see the baby!!!

Courtney

Posted at 11:10 PM on October 5, 2012

I hope Gary never takes Leah to that jail it will traumatize that little girl.I have doubts about Amber changing the damage is already done.I’m glad that Leah has Gary in her life he is a wonderful father.

amanda

Posted at 3:30 AM on October 5, 2012

You will heal , and you will grow! No one defines you Amber, Know Thyself… We all make mistakes. May you find happiness and discover your self worth.

Goober

Posted at 11:50 AM on October 4, 2012

I don’t think she’ll ever change. Prison is no place for a child. Gary should be sending little things to her from Leah though. Bad enough she’s in there. A piece of home won’t hurt. I think she’s going to come out worse though. My opinion!

Amelia

Posted at 11:49 AM on October 4, 2012

I don’t blame Gary for not visiting amber I think that is a very good decision he is making Leah shouldn’t have to see her mom like that she’s too young to understand. Amber made a mistake and should sit in jail for a good while she was given options but choice jail over outpatient care stupid selfish girl

Heaven

Posted at 3:42 AM on October 4, 2012

I dont feel sorry for Amber at all. This is the type of person that will never change, and the only thing that will stop her is death!

Tuppa

Posted at 3:16 AM on October 4, 2012

They should hand their parental rights to the little couple

gbtw

Posted at 7:06 PM on October 3, 2012

This girl makes me mad, but I also respect her choices and think she’s doing the best she can. I wish her the best of luck because sadly I think she has a lifetime of struggling ahead of her.

Michelle

Posted at 6:34 PM on October 3, 2012

This is what happens when you put yourself before your child. I hope this teaches her a true lesson, so that when she gets out, she NEVER makes this mistake again. Gary and Amber need to grow up and learn to put Leah first, always!