Shame On The Dad Who Posted A Picture Of His 3-Year-Old Daughter On The Internet

Tue, October 2, 2012 5:23pm EDT by 14 Comments
Reddit / Rising Threads

What on earth was this father thinking (or not thinking) when he decided to embarrass his own daughter in front of millions of people on the Internet? Not only were his actions insensitive, they were cruel and abusive!

How dare this father get away with humiliating his 3-year-old daughter by making her wear a poster around her neck which read, “I pooped in the shower and daddy had to clean it up. I hereby sign this as permission to use in my yearbook senior year.”

First of all this was NOT funny and secondly it was “highly irresponsible”, according to top parenting expert Dr. Phil Dembo.

“Parents are supposed to create a safe place for children to grow and ‘practice’ their life without ridicule or shame,” Dr. Dembo tells HollywoodBaby. What could this father have been thinking posting something on the Internet that would last well beyond the intended effect?!”

“This 3-year-old girl has just learned from her own father that it is truly not safe to be herself, to make mistakes and to have privacy in her own home. If this father exploited his child for his two minutes of fame, shame on him. If this father truly thought this was an effective form of discipline to teach his daughter to not poop in the shower, shame on him again,” says Dr. Dembo.

“If this father doesn’t understand his purpose to protect his daughter’s growth and give her a safe place to be herself, this girl has no chance growing up with any healthy sense of self.”

Also where was the little girl’s mother in all of this? Did she not have a voice? If she went along with it, then shame on her as well!

If the father thought his daughter posing with the poster would be a funny memory, then he should have kept it ONLY for his family and close friends to see, NOT the entire world! What a jerk!

Not to mention, his actions were emotionally abusive! A parent does not expose his or her child to ridicule like this. This father needs major therapy and parenting skills.

In the end, like Dr. Dembo pointed out, this clueless father didn’t shame his daughter, he just embarrassed himself!

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Was this father irresponsible?

Sandra Clark

More Bad Parent News

1. Father Humiliates 3-Year-Old On Internet — Sparks Public Outrage
  2. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s A Jerk For Writing Tell-All Autobiography
  3. Kate Gosselin Allegedly Abused Her Kids With A Wooden Spoon

Jess

Posted at 10:06 PM on October 7, 2012

You people must have given birth to your babies and slipped all your humor and sense out also. Go get a grip and learn how to spot a parent making a joke about his kid pooping instead of making her feel bad by ACTUALLY punishing her for it. In the non blurred pic she is laughing. I pity all of your children.

Patricia

Posted at 7:43 PM on October 3, 2012

That father needs professional help. What he did was MEAN and self-centered. LOSER

Faith

Posted at 4:38 PM on October 3, 2012

Big deal, he’s a parent, parents make mistakes. Get over it.

At least he didn’t rape her or physically abuse her.

Heather

Posted at 10:00 AM on October 3, 2012

wow..people are so serious.. this is hysterical.. and the kid will most likely laugh her butt off at this in 10 years. RELAX.. there are far worse things happening to children every day in this world.. this is not abuse..

African princess

Posted at 4:26 AM on October 3, 2012

LMFAO! THIS IS FUNNY Y’ALL

Jan

Posted at 9:33 PM on October 2, 2012

He ought to have cleaned the carpet & paintwork at the same time he cleaned the shower. Poor child’s living in filth so her actions are only to be expected as normal

Jkjello

Posted at 8:12 PM on October 2, 2012

You people are over reacting. It was just a joke. If she was in a brown family, she would have just gotten beats. God if you people think THIS is child abuse then you dont even know what it really is.

Lisa

Posted at 5:49 PM on October 2, 2012

He needs to wear a sign that says what an a**hole he is and that he’s a rotten father. He’s a disgrace. I feel for that child. CPS I hope!

Marianna

Posted at 5:43 PM on October 2, 2012

You know what I find sad and ironic, is that most of us in the world often need a license to drive, to teach and even to fish for goodness sake but there’s still no licensing for being a good and responsible parent. How f*cked up is that? Clearly some people out there are just not good at parenting and are maybe better off without children altogether. Case in point!

nancy

Posted at 5:47 PM on October 2, 2012

I totaly agree with you.

h

Posted at 5:33 PM on October 2, 2012

Before you post pictures, you might want to make some research. This picture was made as a joke, come on!

ldsaecp

Posted at 5:29 PM on October 2, 2012

I don’t think that is funny at all. I think that it a abusive. I know for an experience. My ex stepfather use to try drown me in the bath tub or burned me in the hot shower when I had a potty accident. When I was this kid’s age.

nancy

Posted at 5:45 PM on October 2, 2012

Oh man I am so sorry to hear that happened to you what a shame I sure hope someone raked him
over the coals for what he done to you.
I’m really sorry. Hope your ok.

ldsaecp

Posted at 6:21 PM on October 2, 2012

I am fine. I don’t have any scars thank god for that. I remember it was on my one of my arms. But like what I said I think that is not a joke.