Honey Boo Boo & Family Get Major Pay Raise

Mon, October 1, 2012 5:01pm EDT by 41 Comments 11,879 Article Views
Honey Boo Boo Salary
Courtesy of TLC

America’s favorite self-proclaimed redneck family earned major ratings for TLC, and now they are finally getting the payday they deserve! Find out how much they’re making.

Here comes a pay raise! AlanaHoney Boo BooThompson and the rest of her wacky family on TLC’s hit show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo received a major salary bump from the network after they realized the show was a hit.

At the beginning of the series, Mama June Shannon and her crazy clan were receiving about $5,000 to $7,000 per episode the second episode, sources told TMZ, until TLC execs realized the series was a ratings smash.

After the second episode aired, the network offered the family a significant increase in salary. Although the sources wouldn’t be specific, it was between $15,000 and $20,000 an episode.

That’s not all — TLC also paid for a body guard for the family, and a driver for Sugar Bear after his ATV accident.

But even with bigger paychecks, the Honey Boo Boo family has insisted on staying grounded. The network offered to help move June and her family into a bigger house, but the 33-year-old mother of four refused. She’s an active member of their town, and didn’t want to leave her community and family home behind.

She also refused to sign with an agent — June didn’t want money to be the driving force behind the show, nor did she want to take her or her family away from their home for too long. The girls are still in school, after all.

The Honey Boo Boo matriarch has been insisting they wouldn’t let fame get to her and her family, and it looks like she’s right! Good for them!

What do YOU think of June’s decision to not sign with an agent HollyMoms?

TMZ

– Christina Stiehl

More Honey Boo Boo news:

1. ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’: Season One’s 10 Craziest Lessons
  2. ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ Finale Recap: Alana’s Last Summer Pageant
  3. TLC Orders More ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ Episodes

Marcela

Posted at 12:01 AM on April 8, 2014

This show caught my interest from day one. In the beginning I laughed, shook my head in disbelief at this family, but soon after they had me hooked! I do believe they were “egged on” by the film crew, but that’s what keeps you watching. I am now a huge fan of this family. Look how much fun they have! It’s all in fun, way better than those Hollywood fake plastic people shows (they just bring you down) can’t stand that junk. I’ll take Honey Boo Boo anytime!

Aj

Posted at 8:59 PM on March 20, 2014

I love watching honey boo boo, crack me up! They are so disfunction family.

Diane

Posted at 5:48 PM on March 13, 2014

I don’t understand why the family doesn’t get a bigger house in the same town. All they need is another bedroom and bathroom….and a little hide away for Sugar Bear. He deserves it. Also, getting away from the train tracks would be a plus in my book.

Kinely

Posted at 1:27 PM on March 12, 2014

I Live in Ga actually Macon about 45 Minutes from this town, I truly hope people in general do not think that all Georgians are this stupid, ignorant and disrespectful. I watch the show only to have a good laff, I have never and would never want a mother like June, and or siblings as well, I sorda feel sorry for Sugar Bear he seems to just go with the flow, these people are NASTY, farting and burping and food throwing how gross can you get. They need to live life to the fullest I agree but Jez, have some respect for your self. These people are just nasty and Gross. I would never let my children become fat pigs, apparently JUNE don’t care and or she would take some of that money buy healthy and make better decisions, anyone who cooks from the floor and hands – I don’t trust. My mom always told me you tell a person by how clean they are, well there is your answer!
LOL

Diane

Posted at 6:04 PM on March 13, 2014

Why do you feel sorry for Sugar Bear? He adores June and the girls. We know this, because on the show he always expresses how happy he is and how much he loves his family. Including the girls who are not biologically his. When Sugar Bear was sick in the hospital the whole family was sick with worry.

Sanet

Posted at 4:38 PM on February 21, 2014

Love to watch the program. People complain, but no one is forcing them to what! This family really love each other.

instant payday network reviews

Posted at 8:25 AM on November 16, 2013

I blog quite often and I genuinely appreciate your information. The article has truly peaked my interest. I will bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once per week. I opted in for your RSS feed too.

V

Posted at 8:57 PM on August 21, 2013

I think the fact Moma June is staying “grounded” is wonderful! I love this show & have been addicted to them since Alana was on Toddlers & Tiaras. I sometimes think the kids are obnoxious, they do seem to truly have alot of love in their family. I live only a few hours from them & actually had my husband take photos of their home. They are true to who they portray themselves as on the show. I will continue to watch the show & hope the family does well. They have my support!!!

brandon

Posted at 3:32 AM on August 4, 2013

I love the show and the family most rich folks wish to have the love that family does…love y’all from Stockton Ca

Jack

Posted at 11:10 AM on August 1, 2013

June is not as dumb as she looks……nasty, oh hell yeah but dumb, not at all!

toric contact lenses wiki

Posted at 1:26 AM on March 6, 2013

I couldnt refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Mary Dennison

Posted at 11:45 PM on January 13, 2013

They seem happy and say what you want, those kids are taken care of. They are always clean and seem to love their momma as much as she loves them. If she was a rich woman putting her child in a beauty contest, none of those stupid comments would have been made. I applaud her for not letting the money go to her head. I hope she keeps that up! People who don’t like it, don’t have to watch it…there are over a hundred other television channels you can turn to.

Vi

Posted at 8:07 PM on January 7, 2013

Sugar Bear looks exactly like “Popeye the Sailor Man”!!!

Daisy

Posted at 10:18 PM on January 6, 2013

I hope the mother June puts her daughter(s) on some kind of birth control. Especially the daughter that just had a baby. It seems like they don’t take teen pregnancy very serious!

Diane

Posted at 6:09 PM on March 13, 2014

I love the family, but totally agree with the birth control.

nancy loveless

Posted at 5:26 AM on December 31, 2012

if only they would use some of that money to hire someone to teach them some manners, especially when it comes to eating! it`s so pitiful and if june is wanting honey to keep on all that weight that is a setup for her to look like momma forever. her losing weight won`t make her less funny.

Julianna

Posted at 3:14 AM on January 2, 2013

If June and her clan were to demonstrate etiquette, then the show would loose it’s momentum televising “real” people in their own enviroment and not so staged like the “Real Houswives” franchise.

Diane

Posted at 6:13 PM on March 13, 2014

I think their manners are getting somewhat worse as time goes by. In my opinion, I think the producers are edging them on for the show.

Jojo

Posted at 7:46 PM on December 19, 2012

I think it’s awesome that she is able to turn down the offer of a bigger house. I feel like mama truly loves her family and they love her back. She put her child in a pageant, yes, but it is clear that Honey Boo Boo LOVES it. she is a vocal enough child that if she hated it, she would complain. I think this show is better than a lot of family shows out there today.

VeeAnn

Posted at 2:05 AM on October 27, 2012

I am happy for this family! Im tired of self centered materialistic fake people like the Kardashians making all the dough. Congrats to the HONEY BOO BOO CLan< that little girl Allana is so cute an so funnY!

D. Hartley

Posted at 4:45 PM on October 19, 2012

There can’t possibly be any legitimate “fans” of this, can there? I mean, this was created specifically so that we can recoil in disgust at redneck hillbillies, right? The gluttony, the selfishness, the intentional ignorance, the complete and total child-molestor-incest factor that makes our flesh cringe off our bodies…this is not a show for anything but gawking. What redeeming quality does this family show? That the uglier and more grotesque you get, the more money you can make?

Goober

Posted at 5:35 PM on October 19, 2012

There is no molestation. PLEASE YOU LOSER! They are a happy family. They don’t hurt their kids. They love, have fun, adore eachother. That BEAUTIFUL baby was born and they LOVE AND STOOD BY HER! You people are sick. They are some of the most happiest people I have ever seen. Those accusations are SO FRIGGIN WRONG! You need to go to hell. YOU ARE A FRIGGIN BULLY!

D. Hartley

Posted at 5:40 PM on October 19, 2012

She sold her child into pageantry. Toddlers and Tiaras is a pedophile’s dream come true. Wake up. You think all this “love” is going to do that child well? She already looks like she’s suffering. This is child abuse, and if you’re cool with that, then have your rant and be happy “Goober”.

Goober

Posted at 6:09 PM on October 19, 2012

I agree with you on some stuff, but I think saying about molestation was way out of the way. There is absolutley NO PROOF, or accusations of that. Don’t hurt peoples lives. It’s hard enough to bring up kids these days. STOP IT!

VeeAnn

Posted at 2:06 AM on October 27, 2012

I agree this is a cute happy family. They are simple but cute! and Its about time a poor family make some dough, as I am so tired of Kim Kardashian and her self centered self absorbed family. This little girl, HONEY BOO is so cute and so funnuy! I am a college grad and I LOVE THIS SHOW!

lisa

Posted at 5:34 PM on January 6, 2013

I Agree 100% That was just wrong maybe the person who wrote that dont know what it is to hug, kiss and tell your children how
much you love them

thomas tauton

Posted at 1:31 AM on January 18, 2013

The people In This Town Will Tell You These People Don’t
Act Like This All The Time This Is For The camera, There’s a lot of child actors that you could talk about but you only see wrong in these people because they don’t have hollywood fake bodies., and they are real, June’s house is clean, they do things to help people that don’t have as much as they have. Do you ? If you dont like the Honey Bo Bo show I’m sure you can turn your tv over on a cleaner show, where there are killing, raping , are kid napping a child., I hope they make a cartoon next . I for one Love Honey Bo Bo. and all the millions of people seems to enjoy them also. !!!!

Jay

Posted at 4:17 PM on October 5, 2012

It’s not the perfect picture but the idea of family is clearly evident. They deserve the money my opinion

VeeAnn

Posted at 2:07 AM on October 27, 2012

I agree KUDOs for this family, they are decent people and that little girl is so cute and so funny! better than the kardashians making more to add to t heir millions

Scott

Posted at 11:30 AM on October 3, 2012

Inbreeds

Linda

Posted at 9:02 AM on October 3, 2012

This show is a train wreck! It shows the mental state of the people in America. Watching this show is a total waste of time. It is rude,crude and distasteful to say the least. The mother, June , is so unfit to raise chilkdren it is insane. She is raising a gang of swine. Teen pregancy is being glorified and God help that poor baby!! This world finds entertainment in the dumbest things and pay the idiots that are making the shows, or maybe June and her gang aren’t so dumb after all.

woody

Posted at 4:54 PM on January 6, 2013

IS SUGAR BEAR THE FATHER OF HIS TEEN DAUGHTERS BABY? YES THIS IS ONE MESSED UP FAMILY

Claudia

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 6, 2014

You are an idiot. There has never been any kind evidence that anything improper going on.

Pat

Posted at 7:57 PM on January 17, 2014

O go get a life your just mad because your not getting any money theirs nothing wrong about being a redneck i think the shows a blast and clearly they love each other, you haven’t got any thing better do do but judge its about time some of the poor people are getting a break,does your finger work turn the chanel.

America has lost it

Posted at 5:00 PM on October 2, 2012

God lord now can they can finally afford a membership to Jenny Craig.And Welfare momma can pay her own bills instead being a lazy bum and forcing her teen daughters to work so she take very penny.Maybe now they will bail money and be able to stop using welfare money to pay for pageant fees.These people are nasty who with half brain watches this stuff

Lisa

Posted at 6:29 PM on October 2, 2012

Guess you don’t watch the show. There is “LOVE THERE”. I don’t like the show, but they are a good family and June is not as stupid as she looks. She has her familys back. Leave them ALONE!

Jay

Posted at 4:14 PM on October 5, 2012

I agree with you completely. It’s not the perfect picture but the idea of family is clearly evident.

Lisa

Posted at 5:23 PM on October 5, 2012

Jay, they offered them a home. and the mom refused. If she can get money, MAYBE send one of them to school, then she will break the cycle. She doesn’t abuse them. They seem happy. Not my lifestyle, but they’re happy. Hurting nobody. Right?

VeeAnn

Posted at 2:08 AM on October 27, 2012

I agree : ) love the show

Lisa

Posted at 5:31 PM on October 1, 2012

I think she’s doing a great job. Thank God she doesn’t know KRIS KARDASHION! She is a better mom. JUNE! She’s making an example that it doesn’t take MONEY to make a family. GOOD FOR HER!

Linda

Posted at 9:07 AM on October 3, 2012

I don’t get the mother, June , being a GOOD MOTHER???? Those kids are so ignorant and rude and crude, where is the GOOD MOTHER in this??? She is so unfit to raise kids that she should be jailed for her upbring of those abused children and God help the new baby!!!! Oh, June was in trouble before with the CYS in the past!!