‘Once Upon A Time’ Season Premiere: Emma & Snow Leave Storybrooke

Sun, September 30, 2012 9:01pm EST by 23 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Tommie

Posted at 2:56 PM on October 1, 2012

Love love love Once Upon A Time. I really need to know who Dr. Whale is already before I burst, i have a few theories of my own though.
1. The Big Bad Wolf- the way he banged on Regina’s door saying “open up or we’re coming in” reminded me of the 3 little pigs.
2. Dr. Frakenstein- lets not forget he was caught with that cooler of bloody parts. Also the 1931 movie was by James Whale. Hmmm….
3. The 2nd son from the Crystal Ball- grimm fairy tale where a which turned her sons into an eagle and a whale and they were only able to be in human form for 2 hours a day.

Just my own lil theories

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:45 PM on October 1, 2012

Frankenstein is definitely a possibility. (He is a doctor, after all.)

I’m pretty sure by also making Red a wolf, they pretty much made her the Big Bad Wolf. At least, that’s how I see it.

kc

Posted at 1:15 PM on October 1, 2012

I agree with some of the other comments, Henry’s father has to be from the fairytale land as well, possibly Bae and possibly the guy in the beginning. Can’s wait until Sunday!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:44 PM on October 1, 2012

Why would Henry’s father have to be from the fairy tale land?

kc

Posted at 6:29 PM on October 1, 2012

Because it would add another level to the whole plot and I doubt the writers would pass on a storyline like that – just my best guess.

Arianna b

Posted at 12:08 PM on October 1, 2012

First off great show. My take on the mystery man is eiher Belfire( too obvious), the white rabbit(maybe) or Jack from Jack and the bean stalk( long shot). Now I’m just guessing but what about Dr. Whale beign Robin Hood? Not sure how whale fits in but maybe…..

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:12 PM on October 1, 2012

I can’t believe I didn’t think of the White Rabbit! I went straight for the March Hare, but W.R. is a better guess.

kc

Posted at 6:31 PM on October 1, 2012

I may have missed it, but has Alice (in Wonderland) been on the show yet?

Arianna b

Posted at 12:37 PM on October 1, 2012

Wait I thought of another for Dr. Whale. He could be the great and powerful and all knowing Oz. I believe the professor was a doctor in the movie and who wouldn’t have a god complex to create Oz

Lizzy

Posted at 9:36 AM on October 1, 2012

Although I did love seeing Regina fight alongside the good guys, it was nice to see her evil shine through in the end. I have been discussing her magic with a co-worker at DISH and we think that Emma has the ability to activate it in people. It was only after she touched Regina, that she was able to use her magic against Charming. I am so glad that I programmed my Hopper before I left home yesterday. Especially when my train ride was running late, with so many premieres I put the 2,000 hours of recording space to good use. I have really high hopes for this season; I can’t wait to see how the rest of the characters set to debut, will interweave into this incredible story.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:52 AM on October 1, 2012

Yeah, Emma’s definitely the key to magic in Storybrooke.

And I agree, Regina’s at her best when she’s at her worst. ;-)

cinephilactic

Posted at 1:04 AM on October 1, 2012

Didn’t find the cliffhanger much of a surprise (the doubling of the Wraith made the connection early on), though we did LOVE the opening in NY (Baelfire, obvs).

The set-up clearly has a lot of potential, though I hope we see more about the repercussions of Regina’s curse because it felt passed over tonight. A few critiques in our review, but in general, it’s a solid follow-up to that great season finale.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:30 AM on October 1, 2012

You think it’s obviously Baelfire? He’s definitely one of my guesses, but after last season with August, I feel like it’s dangerous to assume anything’s obvious.

cinephilactic

Posted at 9:39 AM on October 1, 2012

Very true – but I feel like they’ve teased it for so long that they have to follow through at some point. In truth I’m more interested to know who sent the postcard…

Meagan

Posted at 12:56 AM on October 1, 2012

I loved the episode. I cant wait to see Emma in fairytale land. However i couldnt help but think that the Wraith was taken straight from Harry Potter. Dementors anybody? Cant wait to see the story unfold and see if Regina stays good for Henrys sake.

Amanda Grey

Posted at 11:17 PM on September 30, 2012

I thought it was a great episode! I loved the twists and turns in the plot that we saw…my take on the mysterious stranger: I think it might be Rumple’s son. What I really want to know, now, is who is Dr. Whale? I think it’s entirely possible that we might see him in later episodes! As much as I was appalled to see the ‘charming’ family split up at the end of the episode. I love the idea of seeing Emma in the fairytale world and seeing her reactions and relationship grow with Mary Margaret. Also, how great was Mulan, huh? I thought they did an awesome job!

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:31 AM on October 1, 2012

I need to know who Dr. Whale is! My original thought was that he’s the whale from Pinocchio (based purely on his name.) Maybe that’s why he told Charming “you’re not my prince.” He’s from the sea!

…OK, even I admit that theory is too crazy.

Kelly

Posted at 10:44 PM on September 30, 2012

I loved the Charming family reunion. I wish David and Emma had more time together. They seem to get so much less than Emma and Snow. I love the chemistry between Belle and Rumple. I’m glad Belle hasn’t lost her backbone and goodness. I think the guy in the beginning is Bae who is Henry’s dad. Too much Mulan,Phillip and Sleeping Beauty. I found them kinda of boring and annoying.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:03 PM on September 30, 2012

I agree that it seemed like there was a little too much Mulan/Phillip/Aurora — but I think it only FELT that way because we don’t know them yet. It looks like they’re going to be play a much bigger role moving forward. Well, except Phillip of course…

JustMe

Posted at 9:58 PM on September 30, 2012

I have missed Storybrooke too. Wonderful show.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:03 PM on September 30, 2012

Krissy

Posted at 9:39 PM on September 30, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!

Andy Swift