Kate Gosselin Allegedly Abused Her Kids With A Wooden Spoon

Sun, September 30, 2012 6:02pm EDT by 51 Comments

The former ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8′ star is accused of grabbing her kids by their hair and beating them with a wooden spoon — when they were just babies! Read on for the shocking details.

Kate Gosselin was never known for her warm demeanor on the TLC show Jon & Kate Plus 8, but a new book is alleging that her parenting was more than strict — it was downright abusive.

“She was beating 2-year-old babies in diapers,” reporter Robert Hoffman told Star magazine. He claims he found secret journals that Kate used to write her books Multiple Bles8ings and EightLittle Faces.

Robert says the journals detailed how she constantly used a wooden spoon to hit her children, and would even grab them by their hair.

“I don’t judge somebody for spanking, but what Kate wrote in her journal is just absolute violence,” he told the magazine.

One instance in particular he found shocking — when the kids helped themselves to M&Ms without asking, Kate flew off the handle.

“I really, really lost it! I pulled Collin up by the hair, and I spanked them so hard!” she allegedly wrote.

After Colin threw a tantrum another time, Kate reportedly went on another rage.

“I sent him to his crib and whipped him into it very hard…I never felt that I may really seriously injure a child, but today was that day.”

Robert’s upcoming book, Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World, details more of the shocking allegations.

Are YOU surprised by Kate’s behavior HollyMoms?

UPDATE: RadarOnline.com reports that the e-book has been pulled from digital retailers because of a “legal intervention.”

More Kate Gosselin news:

1. Kate Gosselin Outrages Fans With Picture Of Daughter Mady, 11, In Heels
  2. Jon Gosselin Says Sorry For What He Did To Kate Gosselin
  3. Kate Gosselin Shares Sextuplet Birthday Party Photos

Heather and Please Help the Gosselin Kids

Posted at 12:19 AM on October 1, 2012

Read the E book folks. Kate is Bipolar and documents her babies beatings because she actually thinks her 2 year olds are intentionally frustrating her because they should no better. No kidding.

paulcooper (@paulcoo65183034)

Posted at 10:09 PM on September 30, 2012

@Loise, you make $27h thats great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as $85h…heres a good example of what i’m doing, ||R=E=A=D===>>> Silver16.com

JustMe

Posted at 9:56 PM on September 30, 2012

I don’t believe any of that CR*P!!!! Seriously people, if she really did that why on earth would she write it down???? That is a bunch of bull sh*t! I am no Kate fan but seriously, I don’t buy it. If she said she had hit Jon then, yeah I would have. He is a lazy no good piece of (you get the picture) but don’t buy that she did what it said. Besides how it is said it is written, NO, what a load!

Lisa

Posted at 10:23 PM on September 30, 2012

First of all, if you watched the show, she would write it down because SHE IS A CONTROL FREAK! SECOND, Jon was far from lazy. She MADE HIM QUIT HIS JOB! Should have watched, then talk.

Heather and Please Help the Gosselin Kids

Posted at 12:16 AM on October 1, 2012

Read the E book folks. Everything is crystal clear in Kate’s own words and own writing. Why would she chronicle daily beatings of her children and her frustrations with a 2 year old, EXACTLY? That is a stumper for all of us.

But probably because Kate has diagnosed mental illness, Bipolar, confirmed by family and she refuses to take her meds. Therefore Kate is so disturbed and twisted, she thinks her 2 year old infants know what they are doing and are ntentionally making her life misrable. Oh brother?

Simone

Posted at 12:52 AM on October 1, 2012

Kate suffers from Bipolar disorder and has always refused to take her medication. I think she is probably dual diagnosed with something else.

So in her limited capacity she believes her babies are intentionally frustrating her. So she writes the abuse of her kids and other details based on her limited functioning believing there is nothing wrong with her anger and she is justified in hitting her children. Really scary stuff.

JustMe

Posted at 9:52 PM on September 30, 2012

I don’t believe any of that CR*P!!!!

Brandon

Posted at 9:14 PM on September 30, 2012

I think I will sue Kate for all of her lies and miss representation, ha, ha. And from what I hear she has a lot of cash in the bank because of her excellent grifting skills.

So what is the mom of 8 chef cooking tonight? Lol.

Lisa

Posted at 9:33 PM on September 30, 2012

What is GRIFTING? What the hell are you REALLY trying to say?

Steph

Posted at 9:11 PM on September 30, 2012

Kate, get on your medication and you may be a nicer human being, lol.

Ginger

Posted at 9:08 PM on September 30, 2012

No question, Kate is bipolar, an abusive mother both emotionally and physically, friendless unless one is on her payroll, shuffled a million nannies in and out of the kids life, has pushed her family away, mooches off hardworking churchgoing people, threatens to sue her own family, and one could go on and on.

nelly

Posted at 8:24 PM on September 30, 2012

I agree with Mia

Lina

Posted at 8:01 PM on September 30, 2012

@Lisa: You know that I never even thought of that. You are right, those kids felt protected with the crew around them. I know poor Collin loved when Robert was around. I wish I could hug that little guy. He probably got the worst of Kate’s wrath.

Lina

Posted at 6:46 PM on September 30, 2012

@Lisa: That show you mentioned where the little tup girl (I don’t remember which one) said “hi mommy.” I watched that show and I found that her little voice was full of fear when she said that. She didn’t even raise her arms like most babies do when they see their mom. It is horrible that Kate was abusing them when they were that small!

Lisa

Posted at 6:56 PM on September 30, 2012

I know. It was PURE FEAR on that childs face. If I didn’t see my kids in a week they would have been hanging on my legs. So sad. Pray. That’s why Maddie acts out on camera. She knows she can’t be hit. That’s probably why she says the kids didn’t want to stop the show. They had safe people around them.

Lisa

Posted at 6:24 PM on September 30, 2012

Why is everyone surprised? Don’t you see how those kids are afraid of her? Never has family around her. Think we saw Jon’s mom once. Look what she did to Jon over a coupon. PLEASE! Talk about honey boo boo, at least she’s happy and loved. D.C.F. should be THERE. They are like little slaves, that’s all. When the little girl said”hi mommy” it wasn’t because of her haircut, it was because she was hoping she didn’t come home. She HAS TO BE IN CONTROL OF EVERYONE AROUND HER! Hope she get’s called out on this one. She thinks she’s a star, “but stupid people made her that way.”

Beth Jenkins

Posted at 5:46 PM on September 30, 2012

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us, twice, shame on us.
Such a bitter/sweet day to hear this news, FINALLY, breaking.
For us, soooo many, of us, knew that this was probably the case, back then, but had no proof, and Kate kept those kids REALLY isolated. As Christian teacher, once upon a time in the great state of Pa, I have to say I’m pretty good, not bragging here, it’s just a proven time-worn fact, lol, at judging a person’s “parenting style.” Kate always, always, always struck me as the parent who demonstrated, and very well…I might add, what we call, in child development, the Authoritarian style of parenting. Google it, if at all interested, even if you aren’t able to see her with her kids, in real life, she very much exhibits this style of parenting on each and every episode of her old, and even older, and oldest show.
So very sad, that these were REALITY shows, the “realest reality” show, ever, as Kate Gosselin, herself described them. I wish now, they were fiction.
My heart breaks for these children and what they’ve endured. God bless TLC, the Gosselin parents, and may you fervently seek Him to make your paths straight and get these children out of harms way, whatever that may take.
Side note: I want to add that the “Authoritarian style” of parenting is not goood! It’s just a style. Period. Think of Authoritarian governments and how they work. The citizens “obey” for sure, but do they have a relationship that is healthy, warm, loving, trusting, etc with their leader(s)?
No, never. It can’t happen.
“The hand of a parent should be seen as something to hold onto for comfort, not something to fear.”
-anon.

Lina

Posted at 5:44 PM on September 30, 2012

@Caroline: Your post made me cry. God bless you and your family. You are an inspiration to the human race.

Stephanie

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 30, 2012

Wow, Kate is also diagnosed Bipolar and refuses to take her medication.

Ginger

Posted at 5:54 PM on September 30, 2012

Frankly Kate was so irresponsible and careless regarding her documents, she should be sued by the networks that enabled Ms. gosselin to repeatedly emotionally and physically abuse her children.

paulcooper (@paulcoo65183034)

Posted at 5:23 PM on September 30, 2012

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $82h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online… ||R=E=A=D===>>> Silver16.com

Delta

Posted at 4:21 PM on September 30, 2012

Anyone that may have doubts as to what is in the book, DON”T!!! 99.99% of the book are in Kate’s own words. Kate tossed her old computer into the trash and did not erase the hard drive. Kate kept her private journal and emails on her pc. Once the trash hits the garbage cans it’s every man for himself! You toss it, it no longer belongs to you! In other words, finders keepers. I have read the book and it’s not pretty. There are times when you need to put it down and walk away. This momster should be in prison.

Jim

Posted at 5:22 PM on September 30, 2012

No wonder poor little Collin was expelled from kindergarten, along with his sister, for hitting other students and the teacher. These poor kids have learned aggressive and bullying behaviors from their mother.

When the cameras were on, she praised a child crawling up his crib, when the cameras were off, she beat the child for the very same behavior.

No wonder everyone around this woman from Starbucks personnel, revolving nannies, school personnel, hired in home chefs, relatives, were and still are made to sign bullying and life long confidentiality agreements and were told they could lose everything including their homes if they ever, ever broke this agreement.

Lissa

Posted at 5:34 PM on September 30, 2012

No wonder it was only Kate Gosselin all of the time for the last years setting the record straight, I mean wrong. Everyone was bullied into submission by these confidentiality agreements. Really sad.

Caroline

Posted at 4:06 PM on September 30, 2012

We used to live by Jon and Kate, helped them, felt sorry for them with all those kids and everything. We gave them food, and because we went to their church (the church that they went to about 10 years ago) we also felt called to give them money out of my husband’s paycheck each month. This was not easy for us, however, we felt the children needed it more tnan my husband and I did, as our kids were grown and we were putting that extra into savings for a house, that we could wait another few years to buy (downsizing, retirement home). Our house plans were then put on hold, as a greater need (the Gosselins) was put on our hearts. My husband was not comfortable with this at first, and I kept insisting he think and pray about it…for the children’s sake. I now feel like a fool, thousands of dollars we gave them, believing their story, and should have listened to my husband. However, WHY would someone in our OWN community and church lie to us, I kept thinking. We stopped with the money offerings when Kate came and talked to our church about “greater family needs” in about 2008. I noticed her nails were the french kind and her hair was done, nice, not like a home color job. I wasn’t judging her and how she spent her money, something just didn’t feel right. I tried to talk to her after her presentation, but she was too busy and rushed out. I just wanted to ask if there was anything more they needed, than cash and prayers. I’m embarrassed to say I really felt hurt, snubbed, unappreciated. Now, with new allegations of how she treated those innocent babies and all, I just wished I’d followed my instinct and investigated with friends in the church who felt deceived, like I had, like visiting her with muffins or something, just to check on those babies. I know, from experience, that young mothers can feel overwhelmed and even depressed and take their stress out on the family. This is all so sad, especially when a big business could be behind her greed, maybe she didn’t start out greedy, sorry, I should say maybe she and JON didn’t, but maybe the big businesses encouraged their greed in some way, because it meant more money in their dirty pockets, and they somehow made Kate feel like she was ENTITLED to more and more. I don’t know. It’s just really, really sad and I’m sorry I didn’t help those precious babies more, when I had the chance. ~Caroline J.

jj

Posted at 4:38 PM on September 30, 2012

You did everything you could do and that you thought was right, you are a very special woman, God Bless you. You should not blame yourself for not going there. This article put faith in people back into my heart. Thank You :) Joy

Sabra

Posted at 3:14 PM on September 30, 2012

When I first watched the show in the beginning,my question was if this was a natural birth.Now that would be really something.I was never a fan as I saw something wrong in both father and mother,she is very strange,Of course at the time everyone that i talked to raved about the show.I only saw children being used for profit by all. I think the way she spoke to her husband was horrible and thats a big reason I couldn’t stomach the program. And I wouldn’t want to upset her,she has that crazy eye look.

teresa darienzo (@popems42)

Posted at 1:59 PM on September 30, 2012

I hope Kate is stupid enough to take this to court. Then everything will be laid bare in a court of law. I don’t think that will bode well for Kate.

Melore

Posted at 12:58 PM on September 30, 2012

Mia, Kate did say these by documenting these in computer notes and other people have witnessed her abuse of the children. Why do you think Kate paid a high priced lawyer to get the book pulled.

Kate was an idiot for just throwing her personal stuff away and with all the other email correspondence she wrote, she defamed herself and other corporations leaking out their coverup and enabling Kate and her abusive ways.

Melore

Posted at 12:43 PM on September 30, 2012

Kate and her enablers allowed Kate to constantly beat babies because they would not potty train fast enough, have diaper messes, not fall asleep fast enough, she would banish the crying babies to their cribs for hours, and beat them hard for any slight provocation that would push her buttons.

As viewers of Jon and Kate Plus 8 we thought Kate was using the time out mat, but behind the scenes in Kate and Jon’s real life she was actually daily and chronically beating these very young children.

Eagle

Posted at 12:22 PM on September 30, 2012

She also had an abortion at 17. Infertile? Nah, she orchestrated those tuos for money. Doesn’t even love them

towniesman

Posted at 12:11 PM on September 30, 2012

not suprised one bit…this lady is a fame hungry wack job who cares about fame an not about those poor kids

P. M.

Posted at 12:21 PM on September 30, 2012

Book also says she had an abortion at 17, so much for not being able to get pregnant!! (and being a good christian) And that she planned the multiple births to get famous by purchasing fertility drugs under a false name to sure she had a litter. She injected herself in addition to treatments by a Dr. In her own words….this was all planned. TV show everything. She was after the fame from day one. Jon and babysitters raise those kids. She has no patience for them, in her own words.

Mia

Posted at 12:43 PM on September 30, 2012

How can you know all this? People can claim any freaking thing they please and Kate has no way to defend herself. Shame on you! I’m not a fan of Kate’s but show some limit will you. This is horrible. Claiming such things saying she confessed them.

nancy

Posted at 11:50 AM on September 30, 2012

I hope these are all false statements but if not please help the childern they don’t deserve any kind of abuse from anyone. I wonder if Jon knows what is going on if infact it is.
If so I hope he does something real soon. after all those are his childern

jj

Posted at 11:41 AM on September 30, 2012

I hope CPS will look into this, they would any other person, especially if it were her Ex