‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Fans Attack Shonda Rhimes Over Season Premiere Death

Fri, September 28, 2012 11:25am EDT by 23 Comments
Courtesy of ABC (2)

Slexie 4ever

Posted at 2:52 AM on May 17, 2014

Shonda Rhimes you b**** !!!!!! Slexie was going somewhere !! Marriage, babies , NEthing but death !!!!!!!

Slexie Luver

Posted at 5:56 AM on March 30, 2014

Good Lord, Shonda is evil. Die in a hole Shonda ! Mark and Lexie were awesome !! Curse u Shonda !!!!!!!! If I see u, I’ll bring out a gun n shoot u

Dania

Posted at 4:12 AM on June 19, 2013

they could have sent Mark and Lexie out of Seattle Grace after they got married just like Lucas and Peyton had departed in OTH!!

RBI

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 19, 2012

Seriously, a bunch of us took a vote and we’re NOT excited enough to watch anymore. The story lines fail the WOW test for us. The show is lacking in flavor. . .

Raimundo Junior (@rajmendes)

Posted at 12:29 PM on October 18, 2012

Bom eu tenho uma ideia para escrever a Serie com atores Brasileiros dentro da própria trama

pamila

Posted at 12:36 PM on October 10, 2012

I just wish that the story would have shown Lexie and Mark coming together in the spirit world, sort of like how Meredith and her Mother when Ellis Grey switched places with Meredith and departed. What a sweet ending for Lexie and Mark in an otherwise tragic ending of their lives.

Oh Yeah

Posted at 3:28 AM on October 1, 2012

Let’s be real here. One, the twitter threats are a bit ridiculous for a TV show. Shonda is a creator who keeps GA’s interesting which is why people keep coming back. Two, there’s no way that Mark would’ve ever left his daughter or Callie, or even Arizona willingly. No one would believe him just leaving Seattle Grace at free will. Something drastic had to happen, like him dying. He was one of my favorite characters and out of all the deaths at SGMW, his hit me the hardest but he had to go. The threats though? Stop!

Cheryl Schultz

Posted at 6:53 AM on September 30, 2012

It almost makes sense. Mark was always in love with Lexie, and when she died it broke his heart. It would of never been the same for him without her. So in a romantic twist, he finally choose her and they are finally together. Forever. They will both be missed and it won’t be the same, very sad, but they are together and happy!

Fred

Posted at 12:12 AM on September 30, 2012

Why did Shonda Rhimes only kill off white characters?

Slexie Luver

Posted at 5:57 AM on March 30, 2014

Simple, she’s racist

Debbie

Posted at 8:14 AM on September 29, 2012

OMG threats, it is a show, they are not real people. They are actors playing parts. Seriously people. some people need to get lives

LittleMo

Posted at 3:07 PM on September 28, 2012

While threating someone’s like is, of course, too extreme I can also understand the tweets perfectly. I was one of the many fans of Mark and Lexie who got royally f__ked by Shonda Rimes. For over 3 years – while writing for the “callie and arizona show” – Shonda kept telling this fan base “keep watching, it’s coming, just wait,” etc. etc.etc.just to keep the amount of viewers to keep the ratings points. I have only seen a fan base so completely blown off like this once before and it was on soap opera. We know this is just a TV show and the business is built around secrets to keep interest. What bothered people so much is NOBODY likes being continually lied to and made a fool of and tha’s what Shonda did. Then it comes out “Chyler wanted to leave” and CL did interviews to that effect. Really? I remember last year when there was the question of whether or not Ellen P was coming back, Chyler said, to more than one interviewer on more than one occasion, that she would not mind stepping into the role of the “Grey” in “Grey’s Anatomy.” Yet after the finale all of a sudden she says she knew all year this would be her last go-round? Mark/Lexie fans got them as a couple for all of 5-10 minutes of one episode – and then the plug was pulled on Lexie. What Shond did to this fan base was comparable to making a donkey run after a carrott and when you fnially let the donkey catch the carrott he finds out that only the very tip if actually a carrott – the rest is colored rubber. I quit watching when they split up Mark and Lexie but turned back in as, like all my other fellow shippers, I was expecting a reunion. Like I said, I understand the venom behind the tweets.

Noisy Chicagoan

Posted at 2:31 PM on September 28, 2012

I wouldn’t say my life is ruined or that I’ve been victimized but I dont feel the compelling urge to watch Grey’s weekly anymore. Grey is annoying and old news….too bad the entire show is centered around her. Killing off FOUR cast members is a bit much. I have no vested interest in the newbies, and most of those “oldies” are played out. Just sayin….

WOWits tv

Posted at 1:41 PM on September 28, 2012

I thought it was a good way to end the run. I don’t think anyone would have believed him leaving town where his daughter is. And seriously? Those tweets? Those people are apparently wrapped way too much up into a TV show. Personally victimized? She didn’t kill you, or even someone you know. She killed a FICTIONAL CHRACTER of a TV SHOW. I was way more sad about Opie’s death on SOA, and still loved the way it propelled the story forward.

Shakeitoff

Posted at 12:59 PM on September 28, 2012

Oh please he is now in heaven with Lexie. Or those people who tweeted those tweet would rather see Mark mope around because Lexie died.

Derzul

Posted at 12:23 PM on September 28, 2012

They loss me as a viewer, get the creator and writers fired Pronto.

WOWits tv

Posted at 1:42 PM on September 28, 2012

They won’t do that, the show still gets huge ratings.

PPLgetAgrip

Posted at 2:19 PM on October 18, 2012

eeverybody whos so upset, 1. get a life and 2. if you wanna see mark and lexie again, just turn on lifetime from 1-4…theyre still alive there!

Valarie

Posted at 11:27 AM on September 28, 2012

I’m upset that Mark died too. But what about the way O’malley died? You couldn’t even recognize him

daniel (@daniel41896022)

Posted at 10:51 AM on September 28, 2012

@Loise, you make $27h thats great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as $85h…heres a good example of what i’m doing, >>> Green32.comMORE

Christine

Posted at 10:40 AM on September 28, 2012

They should watch Game of Thrones…

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:41 AM on September 28, 2012

LOL

susan

Posted at 7:33 PM on September 28, 2012

It was sad when Mark died but come on people. Why threaten the writer? It’s a TV show. They are not real people, they are actors in a show. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get real.