One Direction: New Proof They’re More Popular Than Justin Bieber

Thu, September 27, 2012 11:58am EDT by 350 Comments
One Direction Justin Bieber
Courtesy Of VEVO (2)

Justin had previously set the 24-hour record for views on VEVO, but the guys of 1D came along and SMASHED it with their new single, ‘Live While We’re Young.’ Do YOU think they’re bigger than the Biebs?

Boy band One Direction has unseated Justin Bieber as the hottest act in music by crushing one of his biggest records. The fans have spoken and the One Direction revolution has begun!

The One Direction video “Live While We’re Young” has overtaken 18-year-old Justin’s “Boyfriend” as the video with the highest number of views in 24 hours. Justin previously set the pace in May with more than 8 million views, and 1D snuck past with 8.24 million views, the site revealed via Twitter.

It seems that One Direction is poised to take over the world from Justin — but we still love him, too!

One Direction member Liam Payne recently spoke with British GQ about flirting with fans after live shows.

“Honestly, because we’re taken from the venue to the hotel and whatever else you don’t really see much in between. We don’t really go out, but this tour will be different because we’re all 18 now…”

Do YOU think One Direction is a biggest sensation than Justin, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More One Direction:

1. One Direction’s Liam Payne Splits With Girlfriend Danielle Peazer — Report
  2. One Direction: ‘Live While We’re Young’ — Best Song & Music Video Yet
  3. One Direction Releases Brand New Single ‘Live While We’re Young’

BEn

Posted at 3:45 AM on September 30, 2012

Ok I’m a dude and I don’t LOVE either.

I just respect Justin Bieber more because he’s more “self-made” than One Direction.

1D had to be put together by corporate money hungry guys on X-Factor why JB did it by being found on Youtube and singing for Usher and what not.

So JB got my vote. Plus, I like a couple of his songs. Lol.

maribel

Posted at 7:41 PM on September 29, 2012

he have the best music hits than they do ok

maribel

Posted at 7:40 PM on September 29, 2012

he is so fine dont hate

STFU

Posted at 5:42 PM on September 29, 2012

BIEBER IS WAY MUCH BETTER THAN THEM SO STFU!

vivi

Posted at 3:57 PM on September 29, 2012

If 1D is just the tiniest bit better than JB than Justin is actually better. Because 1D is five hot guys vs 1 hot guy so its not fair. What is fair is Harry Styles vs Justin Bieber or Zayn Malik vs Justin Bieber. Hot guy for hot guy. Right now on the poll it says Justin is 1% better, that is just great, really awesome.

gummybear45

Posted at 3:39 PM on September 29, 2012

1D is so much better! :D

jesse

Posted at 9:55 AM on September 29, 2012

THEY GOT NOTHING ON JUSTIN AND NEVER WILL!!!
#BIEBER all the wayyyyyyyyyy. <3

Megan

Posted at 2:56 PM on September 29, 2012

I completely agree, there is no comparison, every song is amazing and so is he!! “)

Monica

Posted at 2:44 AM on September 29, 2012

Justin BIEBER DUH here first and will always be better 1D is good i luv them too but lets face it boy bands dont last

Evelyn

Posted at 1:56 AM on September 29, 2012

justin bieber <3333333

Jazzy

Posted at 9:22 PM on September 28, 2012

Justin bieber is way better than 1D like 1D is pretty good but not as good as JB

Jazzy

Posted at 9:21 PM on September 28, 2012

Justin bieber is way better than 1D like 1D is pretty good but not as good as Justin bieber

denisa

Posted at 12:15 PM on September 28, 2012

1D more popular than JUSTIN BIEBER,, hahahahahah,:P funny,.JUSTIN BIEBER IS MOST FAMOUS,MOST HOT,MOST BEAUTIFUL,MOST AMAZING.Clear?? <3JUSTIN BIEBER I LOVE YOU .<3

Meow

Posted at 10:50 PM on September 27, 2012

thats why justing bieber has like 29 million followers on twitter and one direction doesnt even have 7 million and im saying this as fans of both so no hate

Posted at 9:56 PM on September 27, 2012

@Megan so you’re saying Justin is better that Boyz II Men?

Megan

Posted at 4:34 PM on September 28, 2012

To be perfectly honest, I was growin up when they were ‘big’, Justin admired them when he was younger and was honored to work with them so I think that’s awesome, However, again, I don’t think you can compare a solo artist, doin it all on his own, to a group, who’s got help from the other members. . (nor do I really think you should compare artists in general). . That being said, I think Justin is absolutely incredible and yes, I like him and his music more. . While I have nothing against them, I think that he’s a one of a kind artist. I have genuinely LOVED every single song I’ve heard him sing, whether they’re his own, covers or just playin around. And he is the only artist, ever, that I can say that about. There’s always been a few songs I didn’t like and some I did (with other singers) but not with him. I think he is amazing, his voice is beautiful, he’s immensely talented and he’s just an all together good guy. . So yes, I prefer listening to him sing more than anyone. And frankly, I consider it a blessing that he’s where he’s at, because I don’t like the majority of what’s ‘big’ right now. I find him & his music refreshing compared to everything else that’s available. I love his voice!

Megan

Posted at 7:17 PM on September 27, 2012

Justin Bieber is AMAZING and puts out one incredible song after another, not to mention the fact that he’s a solo artist who worked his butt off from nothing and became everything. They’re a group and they still have a lot to learn. You can’t compare a group to a solo artist, it just doesn’t make sense, . . And another thing, Justin’s songs have so much meaning and they’re just beyond incredible, I’m sorry, I don’t like the hating on artists thing, and that’s not what I’m doing, but I couldn’t even get through this song. . Justin’s, on the other hand, I can listen to all day. every day and I just love them more each time I hear them :)

Faith

Posted at 4:40 PM on September 27, 2012

Okay ok okay….. FIRST of all

It says that the 1D has more views on a video… That doesn’t mean that they’re better or more people like them, I mean, think of rebecca black. She got a lot of views for her video and obviously most people dislike her… So a lot of those views are easily because people dislike them.

Just sayin

kym

Posted at 5:48 PM on September 27, 2012

YOUR WRONGGGG

what the hell!?

Posted at 4:25 PM on September 27, 2012

some people like both, like myself, so u can’t put us on the spot like that. people like jb they like jb and people who like 1d like 1d. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS IF WE LIKE JB OR 1D!! U GET THAT!!!

Stacey

Posted at 3:46 PM on September 27, 2012

We all have our own opinions, but when Justin Bieber first hit fame it took him a while to steal the hearts of millions of girls. Maybe about a year, year and a half. He was young, so not many girls took interest, he is very famous now. One Direction has 5 boys, 5 choices for girls. Real directioners, like myself love each and every one of them but once again, you have 5 boys to choose from. So for example, like guys with dark brown hair and a dark complexion, well Zayn is the guy for you. Like guys with big hair and pretty eyes, Harry’s your man. So you have 5 guys, which I think there all amazing but of course not everyone is like me. Justin Bieber is hot, and of course if he asked me out I would say yes, let’s be honest who wouldn’t? He has good music I think, now at least. I don’t think it’s fair to compare them though, they are all amazing and each have there own music taste. In the music industry, yes One Direction is doing a little bit better than Justin Bieber for right now, but in reality, there all very good. Belibers love Justin, that’s the whole point, Directioners love 1D, fans love Harry, or Louis, Zayn, Liam, or Niall. It doesn’t matter to me who is better, I’ll always be the one votting for 1D.

and just a little fact, REAL directioners never try to judge people on who they like. If you love Justin Beiber, we’re are behind you on that decision!

julix

Posted at 3:41 PM on September 27, 2012

justin siempre mas encima una dirección no tiene nada de votos

lola

Posted at 2:53 PM on September 27, 2012

i hate idiot girly justin bieber!! one direction forever!!

Maria D.

Posted at 1:33 PM on September 27, 2012

i dont care justin bieber is soooooooooooooo much better!

Ivka

Posted at 2:09 PM on September 27, 2012

no he isnt ;)))) half of the beliebers are now directioners TAKE THAT

destiny

Posted at 2:53 PM on September 27, 2012

justin bieber is way better than 1D SO TAKE THAT

hollywood life story was soo funny it made my day

Posted at 4:11 PM on September 28, 2012

u sAid it ur self those half ppl..[ps:not half lets say a quarter] those quarter are recycled beliebers and they can be recycled directioners anytime soon!!!! TAKE THAT!!!!

elizabeth

Posted at 7:12 AM on September 29, 2012

1d is sooooooo much better than Justin bebier!!!!!!!!!!!

I Do It ^-^

Posted at 11:26 PM on September 29, 2012

Uhm thats not true , so STFU c:

Smiley

Posted at 12:42 PM on September 27, 2012

The title pissed me off -.- like seriously?? There r 28 million Belieber n only 6 million durectioner, C’mon :p

Elika

Posted at 4:07 PM on September 27, 2012

Ahaha! Right? So true!

None of your business

Posted at 12:19 PM on September 27, 2012

justin bieber will never be beaten
i mean come on, they don’t even fit in the same catologe
his one GUY, they’re five, you can’t compare them.

keara

Posted at 12:18 PM on September 27, 2012

i hate u 1D guyz coz i luv JB so much..

realmusic

Posted at 12:06 PM on September 27, 2012

“Smashed”?..they only beat it by 2k views..and the views took vevo 5 days to count? I smell bs