‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season Premiere: Another Death At Seattle Grace

Thu, September 27, 2012 10:54pm EDT by 45 Comments
Courtesy of ABC (2)

CBH

Posted at 3:19 AM on September 29, 2012

Just wait… they will probably reappear as ghosts!

Andrea

Posted at 4:23 PM on September 28, 2012

Why does Shonda Rhimes have to kill off characters who leave her shows? Ridiculous, killing off Lexie and then Mark. Same with Tim Daly’s character on Private Practice. Terrible season opener – miserable, angry characters, another death, more new interns. I’m fed up.

Emmy

Posted at 5:53 PM on September 28, 2012

For those of you “sick of all the deaths,” you DO realize the actors get to decide what happens to their character when they leave the show, right? You’re welcome.

henry kruzel

Posted at 3:22 PM on September 28, 2012

the episode was sad. sorry to see mark go. i was happy to see william daniels,st. elsewhere, though. i wondered if he was still acting…..henry

Nate

Posted at 3:07 PM on September 28, 2012

Does anybody know the song when Mark died? It’s sad. I couldn’t find it

Lisa

Posted at 1:47 PM on September 28, 2012

I have watched this show since it premiered in 05. I loved it from the get go. As the show’s original cast evolved I began to dislike quite a few and as the newer cast began to show up I began to like them better. Most of them are more likable than the originals. And their storylines kept me watching. Lexie became my favorite and Mark also won me over. Once I really like a character I have a hard time seeing them go. Since 2 of my faves are gone and their great storyline with them I hate to keep watching for fear it’ll happen again. Can’t and won’t continue to watch. And for those telling the detractors to grow up, why don’t you stop taking it so personally that some people won’t continue to watch this show? It’s just a show and we all have valid points of view.

Nancy

Posted at 12:58 PM on September 28, 2012

I think this was one of the worst season openers ever. Too much death too many main actors gone. I’m very disappointed. Not sure I’ll keep watching.

daniel (@daniel41896022)

Posted at 10:46 AM on September 28, 2012

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do >>> Green32.comMORE

Laurie

Posted at 10:20 AM on September 28, 2012

Okay…George, Denny, Teddy’s husband, two interns shot to death, cutebomb guy explodes, Lexi and now Mark. I get that actors leave but Shondra could have Lexi and Mark moving and livin happily ever after. Way too much death!!!!! And so sudden. Very sad premiere. Plus no more new characters please. Fans have invested too many seasons into the originals. We don’t want time wasted on new people. Disappointed! This show is definitely done!

lol

Posted at 6:49 AM on September 28, 2012

You can’t judge a whole season based solely on the premiere. Some people really need to grow up. If you were true fans, you would actually understand why some characters need to be killed off.

seriouslypeople

Posted at 6:47 AM on September 28, 2012

The death wasn’t shocking if you have a brain. And to everyone who really don’t think Mark’s death was beautiful (also devastating and total bummer sure), please, grow up. Would it really have been better if he walked out of the show, leaving behind his daughter? Think about that

mcsteamyfan

Posted at 1:43 AM on September 28, 2012

What was name of song playing when mark dying? I will miss mcsteamy :( and lexie.

cs

Posted at 1:34 AM on September 28, 2012

This was absolutely THE worst season premier ever of Grey’s Anatomy! They should have started with next week’s show instead of giving us this crap as an opener! All that sex was seriously ridiculous! And now Bailey too… I mean come on; one thing is Alex, but Bailey! This was Gray’s jump the shark episode! And to top it off they kill of Mark! The new interns are all hateable. I’m sick of watching a show that kills off everyone; a couple of times were great as shockers but now its just become so ridiculous how everyone just dies! I’m done with Gray’s. I will miss Mark greatly.

lol

Posted at 6:47 AM on September 28, 2012

Grey’s

monica

Posted at 1:34 AM on September 28, 2012

“I agree!! You cant have the same great show with the great chemistry if you kill off all the main characters.”

I disagree. Seems most original main characters are still there and I’m glad about that. Meredith, Derek, Christina, Alex, Bailey… McSteamy will be sorely missed as I wanted him and Callie to end up together – Arizona annoys me. Glad to see Christina struggling to run the show – and Meredith giving up her sickening sweet demeanor. Looking forward to next week!

Melissa

Posted at 1:21 AM on September 28, 2012

Can’t believe Mark is dead, but I knew that would happen cause Eric Dane left the show! I hope Arizona will come back in the OR she’s the best! I’m pretty happy that Owen went to April’s farm to get her back! Home she’ll accept to go back :)

Sally

Posted at 12:58 AM on September 28, 2012

Mark is gone, I’m done watching this show.

Debra Holden

Posted at 12:47 AM on September 28, 2012

THIS NEW SEASON FIRST EPISODE TOTALLY SUCKED!
Too much devastation and loss. Come on.,, Mark? Really? Everyone
Just loves him. I guess this is the beginning of a very fast end.
I’m done. Hated it.

Sandie McCarthy-Roberts

Posted at 12:40 AM on September 28, 2012

Hmmm. Too bad, I know that main characters sometimes must leave… but Grey’s makes a sport of it. Shock and loss, for the sheer sake of shock and loss… is boooooooring. There are a lot of great shows on on Thursday, and I will be watching some of the OTHER ones.

Jen

Posted at 12:39 AM on September 28, 2012

Cristina is at Mayo in Minnesota.

l

Posted at 12:10 AM on September 28, 2012

where is any swift? this was farrrr too cut and dry for me i like a little attitude with my recaps

l

Posted at 12:11 AM on September 28, 2012

meant * Andy lol

Dena

Posted at 11:30 PM on September 27, 2012

Good episode but the wrong dates drove me crazy! Arizona and Callie got married in 2011 for example and they wrote 2009. Those types of inconsistencies drive me crazy and made my mind wander rather than focus on what was happening. Lol.

Joni

Posted at 11:22 PM on September 27, 2012

Great recap. Mcsteamy will be missed

latonya

Posted at 11:16 PM on September 27, 2012

Shonda shouldn’t have let Mark go he was a good funny character smh damn Mark

Elizabeth Silva

Posted at 11:10 PM on September 27, 2012

Well what a season opener on Grey’s Anatomy. Sloan will be missed.mmissed! Can’t wait for next weeks episode!

Julie

Posted at 11:10 PM on September 27, 2012

I am not happy about mark or Lexi. Things have to get better.

PAUL COMELLAS

Posted at 11:31 PM on September 27, 2012

I AGREE MARK AND LEXIE SHOULD BE ALIVE AND BACK TOGETHER AND WHO ELSE FOUNG UNBEARABLE SCREWING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT SHOCKER THERE I WANT IZZIE TO COME BACK MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE TO RUB IT IN ALEX’S FACE UNFORTUNATELY ARIZONA SURVIVED HATE HER

Nikki

Posted at 11:03 PM on September 27, 2012

I’m happy Mark died cause I couldn’t see him with anyone but Lexie so now they can be together forever!!!

Amber

Posted at 11:42 PM on September 27, 2012

With these deaths, Arizona’s leg gone, Derek’s hand not full functioning, etc I see this as the start of bringing the show to its final end.

cf

Posted at 12:29 AM on September 28, 2012

Kim

Posted at 11:18 AM on September 28, 2012

I agree!

steve

Posted at 3:50 PM on September 28, 2012

Should have just ended the show, very sad. i’m done watching