Robert Pattinson Shocked E.L. James Doesn’t Want Him For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

Sat, September 22, 2012 2:13pm EST by 120 Comments
Robert Pattinson Fifty Shades Of Grey
FameFlynet

In a new interview, Rob reveals that he’s surprised the ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ author is not interested in him for the movie! Find out what he had to say in these awesome new quotes!

Fans around the world are hoping that Robert Pattinson plays Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades Of Grey. Unfortunately, the author is not interested!

Rob, 26, talked to author Talia Soghomonian about the possibility of him starring in Fifty Shades Of Grey.

“I think the author has written me out of it. I saw some interview earlier and they went, oh, it could never be him. And I’m like ,’Hey, I’m going to make you pay for that”

Robert Pattinson in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’? — Rob Doesn’t Care About Role

Oddly enough, the trilogy is loosely based on Rob and Kristen Stewart’s Twilight characters Edward and Bella. They SHOULD be the leads in Fifty Shades Of Grey. After their reported reconciliation, Rob and Kristen would pull in loads of money by starring in a new movie together — Fifty Shades Of Grey would clearly profit from including them!

The full interview will run in Talia’s new eBook, titled Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner — In Their Own Words.

Do YOU think Rob should play Christian Grey, HollywoodLifers?

– Christopher Rogers

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson:

1. ‘SNL Weekend Update Thursday’ Disses Kristen Stewart — Watch
  2. Kristen Stewart: Her 5-Point Win Back Robert Pattinson Plan – That Worked
  3. Kristen Stewart: The Final Move That Won Robert Pattinson Back

Juliette

Posted at 2:40 PM on November 26, 2012

EL James will truly make a bad mistake if she does not choose Robert Pattinson for Grey and Kristen Stewart for Anastasia and include Taylor Lautner, because at the moment all the fans want to see them together on the big screen soon and with them comes the entire Fanbase, it would be a good business decision just think about it!

Richelle

Posted at 9:55 AM on October 3, 2012

When I read the book I picture Rob because he fits Christian so perfectly in my mind. They are crazy not to use Rob as Christian, especially if they want to make a bundle off this movie! I’m not so sure I’ll go see it if someone else takes the roll, I want to keep the image of Rob as Christian in my head.

Elizabeth Peterson

Posted at 10:09 AM on September 25, 2012

The way I see it is Rob may be willing to give kris another chance and he wants to be the costar with her because he feels a little insecure that she may cheat again and does not have much faith in her. Kris did cheat on him and for him to say marriage or else kind of puts her in the hot seat with pressure. What if she finds another cute guy walking along the road and wants him? I mean really. Despite what’s going on it just would not be a good idea for Rob to be in 50 shades with kris unless he wasn’t just insecure but willing to make their characters POP onscreen.

terry

Posted at 8:35 AM on September 26, 2012

I agree, what a life, he’s scared to let her out his sight now. Never get the part/women have no respect for him now as a man.I stress the word WOMEN , not teens. No one really knows what happen in their relationship, and sure both guilty for one reason or another but him staying in relationship just brand him, most men laugh behind his back and women not attracted to a man who shares his girlfriend but maybe they like threesomes but sure the movie wii be rated R so his teen fans not included which leaves us adult men(WHO ARE LAUGHING) and women(WHO HAVE LOST INTEREST), so don’t need to have a degree in math to figure ticket sales.

terry

Posted at 8:46 AM on September 24, 2012

Rob lost sex appeal, regardless of outside shell(he is attractive), but affair scandal has tainted his masculinity, while some women and men see their reunion as true love , the other 50% see as low self esteem, insecure, less-manly and look down at him.

Anamaria

Posted at 1:53 PM on September 24, 2012

I think that’s totally ridiculous! Whoever those people are have never been in love before. And, if you know anything about 50 Shades, you would know what Christian (Edward) does for Ana (Bella) in the name of love. And, I’m not talking about their D/S relationship. In lieu of everything that’s happened with Robsen, it really does place these two as a perfect fit for the roles, This story was a fantastic hit on Fanfiction and was written as Edward and Bella characters but in human form and had nothing to do with the Twilight theme at all. I can’t see anybody but these two who would fit the roles. If E.L. James doesn’t see RPatz in this role perhaps it’s because of some sort of conflict with Stephenie Meyer. Stephenie owns the characters, Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, which were the names of the two main characters in the orignal story, “Master of the Universe” that was on Fanfiction. When ” MOTU” was picked up and officially published, the title was changd to 50 Shades and all the character names had to be changed becasue those characters belonged to Stephenie Meyer, as we all know owns Twilight. I’m not sure that’s why she doesn’t see RPatz as Christian but I will say she had him in mind when she wrote that story.
If not RPatz, my other choice would be Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood. I already thought he was hot but after seeing him in some commercial on TV, I immediately thought of Christian. I don’t know this other guy too well but from the looks of him, he’s definitely no Christian Grey.

Juliette

Posted at 2:48 PM on November 26, 2012

@Terry, there was no scandal it was PR Rob is still the same man and so is Ktisten still the shy girl they love each other, go to “Kristen Stewart cheating photo ‘s fake on Some-Stir” the photos were fake and it a sloppy PR stunt Robert is still the incredible guy you remember

rob and kris 4 ever

Posted at 12:23 AM on September 24, 2012

they are not the one to merry her is robert why he should listen to the others! he’s 26 years old

Krystal

Posted at 8:10 PM on September 23, 2012

The only way I’d watch the movie is if Robert is Christian. I read the book and what a boring silly amatuerish little wannabe BDSM novel. As if, the author really knows anything about this lifestyle, seems like she just looked up some BDSM lingo and wrote it down on paper & created a book. E.L. said she wrote it with him in mind so why not cast him? Agree, without Megan below that if not Robert, it should be Christian Bale. But if Kristen S were in the film, that would be it for me, no way will I watch a movie the homewrecker is in.

jr

Posted at 6:07 PM on September 23, 2012

Rob and Kristen will never get married if his family has anything to say about it!!!!!!!!!!

hope and pray

Posted at 10:04 PM on September 23, 2012

I don’t think Rob’s family can influence him now! He Loves her too Much. They are meant to be together.

terry

Posted at 8:48 AM on September 26, 2012

jr, never say never, his fiance(basically) fools around and now he wants marriage, which does not sound like good idea! I think he’s lost his mind as well as his self-respect and testicles. I doubt he cares about real loving relationships from people who have his best interest, just such a shame he work so long to get to this level of stardom/popularity only to have it fade away.

pam

Posted at 2:38 PM on September 23, 2012

Rob will be the best Christian for me

Megan

Posted at 1:24 PM on September 23, 2012

Christian Bale would make a cool Mr. Grey….he’s got a lot of mysterious and obscure practice from batman lol! Hope R n K get back together for Breaking Dawn!

Anamaria

Posted at 1:59 PM on September 24, 2012

He’s too old to play Christian Grey. Plus, he’s not all that like he thinks he is.

Anne

Posted at 12:25 PM on September 23, 2012

Rob is a perfect Christian Grey .

kat

Posted at 11:56 AM on September 23, 2012

i dnt want him or kristen to be in the movie….i think they could find a better looking mysterious guy for the role thats for sure!

baba

Posted at 10:39 AM on September 23, 2012

he never going to play anything related to Twatlight again

Joshua Young

Posted at 9:43 AM on September 23, 2012

Im making over $8k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do, >>> Green32.comREAD MORE

hope and pray

Posted at 10:06 PM on September 23, 2012

what are you doing?

Rob wants marriage to Kristen, wow ..

Posted at 8:16 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob please no, I can not get out of head Kristen Stewart and Henry Cavill, or maybe Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart.

milrose

Posted at 6:54 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob never expect anything but for sure
He well get this part. Rob perfect Christian
Grey he is one of a kind.

ann

Posted at 6:17 AM on September 23, 2012

In that case we will be happy if they both cast in that role sure kristen and rob not agree one of theme in in that fifty shade they perfect just saying !

terry

Posted at 1:49 PM on September 26, 2012

ONLY WAY ROB AND KRISTEN COULD PULL OFF THIS MOVIE WOULD BE FOR ROBERT PATTINSON TO BE CAST AS ANA AND KRISTEN STEWART AS CHRISTIAN GREY, THEN WOULD BE BELIEVIBLE

merry

Posted at 6:03 AM on September 23, 2012

if they know rob the best this is not twilight is different story

Rez

Posted at 5:18 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob is the NATURAL and PERFECT Christian, but Kristen no. I could bear to lose kristen in this movie but any other actor would put me off this movie. ROBERT MUST BE AT LEAST OFFER THE CHANCE TO PLAY CHRISTIAN

isabelle

Posted at 4:29 AM on September 23, 2012

I think Rob will make the perfect Christian Grey.

taylor

Posted at 2:22 AM on September 23, 2012

No. Please no. Nobody from Twilight please. Its not that i dont like the actors, but i just feel that they will ruin the books (which i really love) and the movies for me.

hope and pray

Posted at 10:10 PM on September 23, 2012

The actors in Twighlight were perfect. Why didn’t you like them? Are you jealous of them????

linda

Posted at 2:15 AM on September 23, 2012

only Rob as Christian Grey for me !!!!

linda

Posted at 2:14 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob should be perfect for Christian …but Kristen for Ana definitely not

Donna H

Posted at 9:04 AM on September 23, 2012

Yeah, I could see Ana being Ashley Greene, she’s perfect

Anamaria

Posted at 2:03 PM on September 24, 2012

You know, that’s a great choice. She’s got a lot of the qualities as Ana.

Catherine Dove (@notthistwilight)

Posted at 2:07 AM on September 23, 2012

NOT that I’d want to see him play this silly role – but I BET he’d be good at it. It’s those quiet, weird, quirky guys that can SO surprise you, ha! U KNOW these Twilight obsessions were PREVENTABLE and THAT’S why many of us are STILL so crazy right now. Hollywood intentionally causing young, obsessed fans this kind of pain is wrong. TIME to start thinking about putting blame where it belongs – Stephenie Meyer’s BOOK PUBLISHER for their professional negligence in allowing Twilight to be published with SUCH an amateurish, overly-addictive “writing style” toward our impressionable young girls. Search for “explaintwilightbreakingdawnending blogspot”.

cathy

Posted at 2:01 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob all the way …would love to see him as christian

Jeanne

Posted at 3:05 PM on September 23, 2012

When I read the Fifty Shades books I thought how good it would be for Rob & Kristen to play in a movie of them. Kellan Lutz would be perfect as Elliott, too. But the author didn’t seem interested in them – more fool her. Box Office wise they would be perfect – bring in lots of dough, plus all three of them can act, especially Rob. Kristen stumbles and stutters just like Ana and she can look so innocent. I don’t think Rob has time for this movie as he has several roles upcoming but if you ask the movie fans, I bet they would love to see all three of these kids in Fifty Shades.

Vicky

Posted at 1:51 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob, onward and upward. You’ve got three great roles coming out in 2013 and more to come.