Robert Pattinson Shocked E.L. James Doesn’t Want Him For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

Sat, September 22, 2012 2:13pm EDT by 120 Comments
Robert Pattinson Fifty Shades Of Grey
FameFlynet

In a new interview, Rob reveals that he’s surprised the ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ author is not interested in him for the movie! Find out what he had to say in these awesome new quotes!

Fans around the world are hoping that Robert Pattinson plays Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades Of Grey. Unfortunately, the author is not interested!

Rob, 26, talked to author Talia Soghomonian about the possibility of him starring in Fifty Shades Of Grey.

“I think the author has written me out of it. I saw some interview earlier and they went, oh, it could never be him. And I’m like ,’Hey, I’m going to make you pay for that”

Robert Pattinson in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’? — Rob Doesn’t Care About Role

Oddly enough, the trilogy is loosely based on Rob and Kristen Stewart’s Twilight characters Edward and Bella. They SHOULD be the leads in Fifty Shades Of Grey. After their reported reconciliation, Rob and Kristen would pull in loads of money by starring in a new movie together — Fifty Shades Of Grey would clearly profit from including them!

The full interview will run in Talia’s new eBook, titled Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner — In Their Own Words.

Do YOU think Rob should play Christian Grey, HollywoodLifers?

– Christopher Rogers

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson:

1. ‘SNL Weekend Update Thursday’ Disses Kristen Stewart — Watch
  2. Kristen Stewart: Her 5-Point Win Back Robert Pattinson Plan – That Worked
  3. Kristen Stewart: The Final Move That Won Robert Pattinson Back

ana

Posted at 1:05 AM on September 23, 2012

bring it on that fifty shade kristen and robert love to see theme

jr

Posted at 12:50 AM on September 23, 2012

Rob needs to get over himself with that comment.

anita

Posted at 12:48 AM on September 23, 2012

rob and kristen is the perfect on this role christian and ana

ana

Posted at 12:00 AM on September 23, 2012

oh yes this is really funny well if they in cast of that rules fifty shade i think its ok if they do together with kristen i hope they made another movie together and we love theme working together every one knew that fifty shade well is fun ! i will go and watch theme on that fifty shade of grey yes rob and kristen fit on that

Naty

Posted at 10:23 PM on September 22, 2012

Its funny, considering it began as a Twilight fanfiction story, she surely had imagined them as Christian and Ana. But it s okay. Im reading the books, and I can totally tell they were fanfiction. Its a good story, but certanly I wouldnt watch is if it becomes a movie, it would suck! whoever play the part!

Lucy

Posted at 10:13 PM on September 22, 2012

I read the books and please, Kristen NOOO!!! She always has the same suffering expressionless face in All her movies, the caracter of Anastasia is of a sweet, strong and intelligent girl and she doesnt have or project none of those qualities. Rob maybe, he needs to make a good movie after all the bad ones that he has done lately, but, as after he took Kristen back Im not a big fan of him anymore, ( I mean, there are so many good girls (actress or not) with better Reputation than Kristen) that I really dont care if he plays the role or not. , Cristian Bale is too old for the caracter, by the way. But I cant thing of whom I would like in the role, son maybe I will vote for Rob at the end

terry

Posted at 1:54 PM on September 26, 2012

LUCY, I AGREE, ROB PLAY ANA AND KRISTEN PLAY CHRISTIAN GRAY, I MEAN THAT SEEMS TO BE THE WAY THEY ROLL ANYWAY.

Maria

Posted at 10:12 PM on September 22, 2012

E.L. James is crazy ,I love fifty shades of grey and I think that
Robert is the perfect Christian

Glenna

Posted at 9:24 PM on September 22, 2012

The ONLY way I will see it is if Rob and Kristen play Christian and Ana.

opchick

Posted at 12:13 AM on September 23, 2012

I agree…it will be interesting if they do it. Especially if this reconciliation doesn’t work out.

Sabra

Posted at 9:04 PM on September 22, 2012

I guess I better read the book?

Joshua Young

Posted at 7:55 PM on September 22, 2012

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do, >>> Green32.comREAD MORE

Team Kristen

Posted at 7:33 PM on September 22, 2012

no way to Rob

Shannon

Posted at 9:38 PM on September 22, 2012

there is no way that the book was written for him and if he is Christian then i wont go to it and i loved Twilight but i dont think that he has done much in the way of good movies since i have watched a few of his movies and left or turned them off half way through.

Sharon Johnson

Posted at 7:06 PM on September 22, 2012

I think Christian Bale would be great as Mr. Grey.

Sharle

Posted at 7:08 PM on September 22, 2012

Christian Bale as Mr. Grey..

terry

Posted at 7:13 PM on September 22, 2012

YEA, i see your perspective, Christian Bale could totally work that role and women believe it because that man just plain talent and masculine(even his personal life i heard he is a little my way or highway), and Stewart would rock in this movie!

Shannon

Posted at 9:43 PM on September 22, 2012

Alexander Skarsgard for Christian Gery he is the only one i see as Christian I have not found an Ana yet but love this man as Christian lol

opchick

Posted at 12:15 AM on September 23, 2012

Christian Bale is sexy, but not handsome (not trying to make any fans of his angry)…Christian Gray in handsome and sexy. Can’t see Mr. Bale playing him convincingly.

Louise

Posted at 6:43 PM on September 22, 2012

When I read Fifty Shades of Grey, I immediately saw Rob as Christian, but not Kristen as
Ana, NOT AT ALL…..

terry

Posted at 6:32 PM on September 22, 2012

I hate to say it out LOUD ladies but he better get use to doors closing, this article probabily fake but I really think his future roles are going to slim down with female’s(not saying i’m right but it’s a known fact that some females prefer man to be DOMINANT, and Rob’s lost that appeal ), but hay, every man knows what he needs for happiness and if it’s Stewart more power to him.

jean

Posted at 8:04 PM on September 22, 2012

Jean
WHAT WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN? AND IS THE SUN STILL SHINING BENEATH THE RINGS OF SATURN?

besh

Posted at 9:56 PM on September 22, 2012

Agree with you there terry, all of his other movies have not appealed to me, unfortunately not even twilight (must be kristen stewarts bad acting, just did not see any chemistry and the acting seemed forced).

jean

Posted at 12:49 AM on September 23, 2012

E.L. James saw enough chemistry between those two to inspire 3 books. If Kristen was a bad
actor she would not keep getting parts. Do you have any idea of the amount of money that is invested in the making of a movie? Trust me, they do not sink that kind of backing into bad actors
They do however in actors who time after time make them money.—- So, you don’t like Rob in anything he’s done. If you are male that’s easily understood. If not, well I guess you just don’t like tall men, or British men, or the cut of his chin, but don’t say he and she can’t act. They made Stephenie Meyers books into a world wide phenomenon.

Gina Richards

Posted at 6:32 PM on September 22, 2012

I agree! The movie will be so extremely popular if Rob and Kris are the main characters! Since they are back together there will be no awkwardness, they are perfect for the roles and I think that the author should just get over her problems if she wants the movie to be the biggest success that it can be!

steph

Posted at 6:29 PM on September 22, 2012

E.L. James is crazy ,I love fifty shades of grey and I think that
Robertttt is the perfect Christian
He is soo hot and When I read the book, I pictured Rob and Kristen all the time

I want to see Rob like Christian I can´t imagine an other man

Lola

Posted at 6:12 PM on September 22, 2012

When I read the book, I pictured Rob and Kristen. Details of the story are much like details in the first twilight movie. I think that they could channel the characters and act the parts perfectly. They’d bring the awkward, strange, beautiful Christian Grey and Ana Steele characters to life.

As an actress, I think that they are perfect for the parts. Hair and make up teams would help them to look the part. I think that the talent they bring could bring the book to life better than most. They will also carry over a huge fan base that will bring more success to the movie in the box office.

invité

Posted at 5:35 PM on September 22, 2012

Rob is a beautiful man, no offense has some here on this site, but hey I’m happy because he would not have taken this role,
kiss for rob

Elle

Posted at 5:26 PM on September 22, 2012

Rereading : ‘the trilogy is loosely based on Rob and Kristen Stewart’s Twilight characters Edward and Bella.’
This might seem some what true but I would gag at the thought.
Fifty shades is a unic concept and that silly Twi

Lisa

Posted at 5:16 PM on September 22, 2012

HE IS SOOOOOOOO HOMELY! PLEASE! I can’t understand what the fuss is about. Probably kids think he is what he plays in the movies. I think he’s just plain UGLY!

??????

Posted at 5:22 PM on September 22, 2012

A sign of hate is a sign of <3!

Arubi

Posted at 6:19 PM on September 22, 2012

You’re clearly deluded or have something wrong with your brain.. or are you so blind with envy / hatred you can’t admit the most basic things? Pity.

Lola

Posted at 9:07 PM on September 22, 2012

Amen!!

The truth

Posted at 5:15 PM on September 22, 2012

It would be physically impossible if one was got the role and another one did not. (Robert and Kristen)

Elle

Posted at 5:14 PM on September 22, 2012

I love fifty shades of grey. And personally I think Rob would be perfect, he woul have to do some betters but perfect. Kristen on the other hand would not do justice to Ana and the whole concept. I would love to see new chemistry All in all I’m very sad to see that Rob is much more weak that I thought in reference to the reconciliation Not my business I know but but but well that’s that.

just me

Posted at 4:39 PM on September 22, 2012

Ian is great but Rob is a natural Christian…*sigh*.. unfortunately not gonna happen:)

Kristen is best

Posted at 4:37 PM on September 22, 2012

Kristen was offered the role, even casting or not, Rob unfortunately not what justice, it sucks, hmmm

Divya

Posted at 4:16 PM on September 22, 2012

Robert would be a better Christian because he will be able to play the mentally troubled Christian better than Ian . Rob can build his Abs other than that he will be perfect . Rob is hotter than Ian .