LMFAO Breaks Up — Duo Shockingly Calls It Quits

Fri, September 21, 2012 12:46pm EDT by 7 Comments
LMFAO Break Up
FameFlynet

Redfoo and Sky Blu, who make up LMFAO when combined, have parted ways after party rocking together since 2006. The duo will surely be missed. Read on for all the details.

Redfoo (Stefan Kendal Gordy) says that he and his nephew, Sky Blu, are taking a break from one another, as they focus on their own interests, personally and professionally. LMFAO is no more.

“I feel like we’ve been doing this for so long, five or six years. And we’re kind of like saying, well, let’s just do what’s natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time,” Redfoo, 37, explained in a phone interview earlier this week.

“I think that we naturally just started hanging with two different sets of people, two different crowds, but we’re always family,” he said. “He’ll always be my nephew, I’ll always be his uncle.”

While LMFAO may be kaput for the time being, don’t expect to miss out on tunes that sound like “Party Rock Anthem” or Sexy And I Know It.”

“All the music that I’m going to make is always going to be LMFAO-ish … I love all the topics that we talk about,” Redfoo said of his solo music. “I was really passionate about bringing party music to the world, so I will always be making some kind of party music.”

Fun Fact: Redfoo is the son of Motown Founder, Berry Gordy.

How do YOU feel, HollywoodLifers?

Katerina

Posted at 7:09 AM on January 27, 2013

this is starting to get confusing only recently sky blu wrote on twitter that aren’t actually breaking up make ur minds up!

Jason Waters

Posted at 2:19 PM on September 22, 2012

Good riddance. They made horrible “music”, and I’m willing to bet nobody would have ever heard of them if their last name wasn’t “Gordy”;. This group was the poster child for everything wrong with the music industry these days… all flash, no substance.

CIndi

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 21, 2012

I am glad they are no more. These 2 jerks broke my daughters heart with a broken promise and they were only starting to get popular when they did this! She was only 12 when she met them at the mall for a meet and greet. After she cried telling them how we lost everything to a freak flood that week and I was taking her to see them that nights at Jones Beach, they were so moved they said we could meet them backstage after the concert and we gave my cell number to their manager. Well, after they were done, all she wanted to do was thank them for being nice, she didn’t want to hang out with them because she was too nervous. She just wanted to thank them and give them a hug. We left as soon as they were finished as my daughter didn’t want to see Keisha at all. After 30 minutes of the manager jerking us around, he told us they went to sleep!!!!
She cried the whole way home, telling me how sad she was but grateful for a great concert….
IMO…these 2 are total losers…no groupies went to try to see them…just this little girl…I say losers because what I want to call them would not get published.

Katerina

Posted at 7:09 AM on January 27, 2013

that’s horrible I love lmfao but somehow this isn’t suprising

Alex

Posted at 2:35 PM on September 21, 2012

this break up is 100 times more worse then robsten

Isabelle

Posted at 2:21 PM on September 21, 2012

i had fu listening to a couple of their songs.. but i didn’t follow them… and they aren’t the kind of music that i like… so i don’t really care, though i do love sexy and i know it!

What the Rolling Funkie