Britney Spears Reveals Skin Condition: She Has Psoriasis

Thu, September 20, 2012 10:39am EST by 6 Comments
Britney Spear Psoriasis
Getty

The pop star stepped out for the premiere of the ‘X Factor’ premiere September 11 in Los Angeles looking pretty and polished aside from one glaring thing: red patches on her right ankle and left heel–find out all about her skin condition below.

Britney Spears, 30, seems to have psoraisis, and apparently, the star has been suffering from the condition for a long time but it only flares up when she’s under extreme pressure. Perhaps her stressful new gig as an X Factor judge has caused the recent flare up?

A source told The National Inquirer “Now she can’t seem to stop scratching and picking at the sores. She has a psoraisis skin cream, but she says it burns, so she stopped using it.’

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that occurs when skin cells grow at an excelled rate due to the immune system sending out faulty signals. It can appear on any part of the body as red and white scaly patches and is often itchy.

Britney’s not the only star who suffers from the condition Kim Kardashian and LeAnn Rimes have been vocal about it.

HollywoodLifers, have YOU ever suffered from a skin condition? Sound off below!

–Jennifer Tzeses

More Celebrity Beauty:

1. Christina Aguilera, Zoe Saldana & More: Who’s Wearing Ponytails
  2. Olivia Wilde’s Long, Lush Lashes: How To Get The Look
  3. Sophia Bush’s Effortless Waves: Steal Her Sexy Style

cure scalp psoriasis

Posted at 3:06 AM on November 6, 2014

Thanks , I’ve just beren searching for ijfo approximately
this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I have found out
so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

news article

Posted at 6:00 AM on February 7, 2013

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!

willy

Posted at 6:43 PM on November 12, 2012

I have that all over …. it’s hell on earth

Stacey

Posted at 7:21 AM on September 21, 2012

You keep your head high.Psoriasis doesn’t discriminate.Keep it under control and know their are millions who suffer too.You could be am inspiration for those of us that suffer.Be open and advocate for a cure.You go girl

emily jacob

Posted at 6:02 AM on September 21, 2012

Find a doctor that works with you. Not work with your doctor. He has many solutions but never forget you have the problem, if you don’t like the treatment they are giving you do some research and have other options next time you go in.

Deb

Posted at 11:27 AM on September 20, 2012

Hey britney… Or who ever gets this, simpoli injections work great, 1 time a month.. The cream works keep using it, put it on before bed , if in ur hair,oN scalp just stick tube in there and spread it all over…..and ultra vilolet lights r great to. Mines patchy dots like iv been shot with a bb gun….lol….BUT i got the arthitis now, and thats something you want to take care of, cuz thats pain, and then u get hooked on pain pills and thats just another damn addiction…but hey, it works for me, 18 got the patchy part, 40 got the arthritis 47, hurting pretty bad.. I need to get back on my shots, but i work as a caregiver and money is deffinitly a big prolem here where i live…oh well just saying….peace…DAB