‘Switched At Birth’ Stars Reveal ‘Massive’ Drama As Season 1 Ends

Mon, September 17, 2012 4:36pm EDT by 59 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family (5)

Will Bay & Emmett get back together? What’s next for Daphne & Chef Jeff? The ‘Switched At Birth’ stars give HollywoodLife.com the scoop!

The first season of ABC Family’s Switched at Birth may be nearing its end, but there are still plenty of surprises in store for the Kennish and Vasquez families. HollywoodLife.com caught up with the show’s stars Sept. 13 at the launch of Switched at Birth: The True Story of a Mother’s Journey, and they dropped major spoilers from upcoming episodes — including whether or not Bay (Vanessa Marano) will give Emmett (Sean Berdy) a second chance!

OK, here’s what we found out:

There’s still hope for Bay & Emmett: “I don’t want my character to get back together with [Emmett], who cheated on her, but I think that’s going to happen,” Vanessa told us. “They have a relationship that’s kind of the great love of the show, and it’s a relationship that really resonated with fans. But, still, he cheated on her!”

Prepare for major courtroom drama: “When the lawsuit starts, it’s a whole new thing,” Lea Thompson teases. “When [the families] finally go to court, a lot of stuff comes out; and it’s going to propel us into season two.”

Sexy times for Daphne & Jeff: “Daphne is really excited about [Chef Jeff],” Katie Leclerc confessed. “With all the drama going on at home with Angelo, Daphne wants to spend as much time out of the house as possible — and she ends up spending it with Jeff! It’s a good escape.”

Expect to see some good in Angelo: “I firmly believe that, when I play my character, I’m not actually wrong at all,” Gilles Marini said. “It’s tough to play someone who’s a [jerk], but let me tell you, things will change at the end of the season. There’s a huge bang at the end. It’s massive.”

But don’t expect any changes from John: “Our showrunner recognizes that, as an ex-professional athlete, [John is] a little bit of a neanderthal sometimes in terms of how kids should … be disciplined,” D.W. Moffett pointed out. “I would not want my character to become super-understanding and supportive and the best dad ever.”

What do you make of these spoilers from the cast, Switched at Birth fans? Do you think Bay should give Emmett a second chance? Do you support Daphne & Chef Jeff getting together? Drop me a comment with your thoughts on the final episodes of season one!

— Andy Swift, reporting by Russ Weakland

More Switched at Birth:

1. ‘Switched At Birth’: Bay’s New Guy, Daphne’s New Crush & More Scoop

Kathleen

Posted at 1:06 AM on February 3, 2013

Bay and Emmett should get back together, Daphne should start new with Travis or the guy at very beginning of show, or Noah. Angelo should back together with Regina ( what if next season another deaf baby born ? daphne and bay would have a deaf sister. LOL something new to continue this show ( drama, romance)

adrianna

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 28, 2013

i think bay and emmett should get back toghether

Andrea hughes

Posted at 11:58 PM on January 9, 2013

I think bay should give emmit a second chance l, if they broke up for good i do have to say i wont like the show much anymore but i live this show and they should get back together!

Star

Posted at 4:45 PM on January 3, 2013

I think that Bay and Emmett should get back together and should not leave each other again……

Mojisola

Posted at 12:45 PM on January 3, 2013

Bay and Emmett are the reason am keeping up wit switched at birth…..I pray they get back together

adrianna

Posted at 1:35 PM on January 28, 2013

i know they r so cute

Shelbie

Posted at 10:23 PM on February 18, 2013

I totally agree :)

Ciara

Posted at 7:38 PM on December 26, 2012

They need to bring Ty back!!!!!! Daph and Jeff are so cute!

Star

Posted at 4:46 PM on January 3, 2013

they cant bring ty back because it said that he would be in the army for 3 years!!!!! And Bay and Emmett should be together

katelyn

Posted at 3:35 PM on December 25, 2012

I think bay and emmitt should get back together they should have sex

katelyn

Posted at 3:29 PM on December 25, 2012

I think bay and emmitt should get back together

savanna

Posted at 1:26 PM on October 22, 2012

bay and emmett forever make it happen plzzzz…

Val

Posted at 1:41 AM on October 16, 2012

I love the daphne & chef Jeff I hope they stay together I hope at least that Chef Jeff stays on the show!! Also bay needs to forgive emmit they are good to gather he made a mistake every one makes them! Bay should no that she always in trouble

Meredith

Posted at 1:09 AM on October 16, 2012

I think I would be okay if both Bay and Emmett moved on and dated other people. I’m too interested in Daphne and Jeff for the moment. I really hope that relationship continues!

Adamari

Posted at 12:16 AM on October 31, 2012

I think Daphnis and Jeff need to move on there’s no hope for them.but Bay and Emmet need to get back together because they are the perfect couple plzz let them get back together I know what Emmet did was wrong but he and she deserves each other unlike Daphnis and Jeff .and Simone is a slut for doing that but in real life she’s the best so plzz let Bay and Emmet be together and all of the other drama is in the way with Bay and Emmet 😍😘

PS all of the people who think bay and emmet are not meant to be are wrong and stupid😤

Michaela

Posted at 4:01 PM on November 27, 2012

You are so right! Daph forget Jeff!! He’s a terrible. It broke my heart to see Daph when he told her he didn’t love her back. She had it coming and should have listened to Meledy! but still hurt me to watch her face! Go Angelo!!!! PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH!!!!! Bay and Emmett need each other! All the websites are saying they get back together in the first episode of season 2 (the one that starts on Jan 7, 2013)! I hope their telling the truth! I hate Simone so much and wish they’d do something t make her leave!!!!

Leslie

Posted at 10:17 PM on October 15, 2012

I LOVE the chef Jeff daphne twist! The is shaping up to be one of the best love stories I’ve seen on TV in a long time! I’m so excited about it! I will be crushed if they dont keep it going! This took the show so much further!

Anna Day

Posted at 10:30 AM on October 14, 2012

I thjnk bay should give emmett a second chance he was going through heck at the time it happened. And im not making excuses for what he did. It was bad. But it was one mistake one time. People arent perfect were human. I mean emmett went to jail because if her had to sell his bike his most treasured posession among other mistakes she made he forgave her. This was one mistake he made and i he does regret it and i honestly think he wont ever do it again. Bay and emmett are the modern day romeo and juliet theyre great together….daphne and jeff are wonderful together i love them together, keep it that way :-)

Sharee

Posted at 3:55 AM on October 10, 2012

I strongly would love for Bay and Emmett to get back together! He cheated, yes but Emmett is definitely not a bad guy just a poor decision on his part.

Macy

Posted at 12:17 PM on December 15, 2012

Yeah, exactlly, thanks you, THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER~!!!

allie hines

Posted at 2:23 AM on October 4, 2012

they have to get back together if they dont i think theyll loose alot of viewers bay and emmett are the perfect fit they understand each other better then there other gf or bf in the past so please let them get back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole

Posted at 10:04 PM on October 3, 2012

I Really Hope Bay & Emmett Get Back Together….
Nobody’s Perfect

Korie

Posted at 2:18 PM on October 2, 2012

I think that Bay and Emmit should get back together. He made a mistake and he was frustrated that bay went to his dad about everything, beacause she cared about him and that left him frustrated and drinking and he didnt know what he was doing i think that they need each other. And i think that Daphnie and Travis should get together :) forget the chef guy she brings out the good in travis!!

meli

Posted at 1:27 AM on October 2, 2012

I understand why vanessa doesn’t want her character back with sean’s character. Cheating is wrong, but emmett made a mistake. He knows that. Plus there was liquor. They r the reason I continued to watch it. It’s just that to us the viewers we love bay and emmett. They have this bond that is rare. Plus daphne needs to notice that other cook. I think he likes her. Where’s patrick. I liked him.

leanna

Posted at 12:10 PM on September 30, 2012

bay and emmett needs to get back to together they make a cute couple plz let them get back together im watching the show beause of them

anna

Posted at 10:57 PM on September 26, 2012

Yes bay should give emmett a second chance …first of all they were together nearly a year. Hes forgiven her for a lot of crap. Yes ge screwed up big but no one is perfect and to expect perfection is unrealistic. Bay isnt perfect. She should allow him to make it up to her. Dont let one stupid night destroy all the sweetness and tenderness theyre shared this last year. She should just make it clear there will never even be a chance in heck of a 3rd chance.

Kelly

Posted at 8:50 PM on September 26, 2012

YESSSSS Bay and Emmett! but not so easily, make him work for it and make her realize she loves him enough to give him a second chance! but ultimately they HAVE to get back together! they just fit!

Jillian Palm

Posted at 6:49 PM on September 23, 2012

Bay and Emmett need to get back together. I understand the betrayal but it’s real life. And if they don’t give it a second shot, I don’t think I can watch Switched at Birth anymore. That’s the whole reason I watch it now!!!!!

meoooow

Posted at 3:10 PM on November 15, 2012

i completely agree . Even though i started watching the show for other reasons, I’ve fallen in love with Bay && Emmet. and if they can’t make it work, over an understandable mistake, i’ll be greatly disappointed .

michelle keller

Posted at 9:00 PM on September 19, 2012

yes i do think emmett and bay make a great couple a second chance wont hurt if he messes up again then she has a right to move on

Tiffany

Posted at 6:12 PM on September 19, 2012

I think Bay should give emmett a second chance they are so cute together. And I dont think daphne and chef jeff should get together hes to old and plus he was coming out of Melodys house and kissing her, im a little excited to see what happens there with Melody, Emmett, and Daphne, should be interesting and I cant wait til next monday…

KiKi

Posted at 9:29 PM on September 17, 2012

I think Bay Should Give Emmett A Second Chance. Everyone mskes mistakes and he is truly sorry

Ariana Pollard

Posted at 11:46 PM on September 22, 2012

i think bay and emmet should get back together and forget what happened in the past,all that matters is their love for each other and i dont think that emmet should get to like the new girl deaf girl.