‘Switched At Birth’ Stars Reveal ‘Massive’ Drama As Season 1 Ends

Mon, September 17, 2012 4:36pm EDT by 59 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family (5)

Will Bay & Emmett get back together? What’s next for Daphne & Chef Jeff? The ‘Switched At Birth’ stars give HollywoodLife.com the scoop!

The first season of ABC Family’s Switched at Birth may be nearing its end, but there are still plenty of surprises in store for the Kennish and Vasquez families. HollywoodLife.com caught up with the show’s stars Sept. 13 at the launch of Switched at Birth: The True Story of a Mother’s Journey, and they dropped major spoilers from upcoming episodes — including whether or not Bay (Vanessa Marano) will give Emmett (Sean Berdy) a second chance!

OK, here’s what we found out:

There’s still hope for Bay & Emmett: “I don’t want my character to get back together with [Emmett], who cheated on her, but I think that’s going to happen,” Vanessa told us. “They have a relationship that’s kind of the great love of the show, and it’s a relationship that really resonated with fans. But, still, he cheated on her!”

Prepare for major courtroom drama: “When the lawsuit starts, it’s a whole new thing,” Lea Thompson teases. “When [the families] finally go to court, a lot of stuff comes out; and it’s going to propel us into season two.”

Sexy times for Daphne & Jeff: “Daphne is really excited about [Chef Jeff],” Katie Leclerc confessed. “With all the drama going on at home with Angelo, Daphne wants to spend as much time out of the house as possible — and she ends up spending it with Jeff! It’s a good escape.”

Expect to see some good in Angelo: “I firmly believe that, when I play my character, I’m not actually wrong at all,” Gilles Marini said. “It’s tough to play someone who’s a [jerk], but let me tell you, things will change at the end of the season. There’s a huge bang at the end. It’s massive.”

But don’t expect any changes from John: “Our showrunner recognizes that, as an ex-professional athlete, [John is] a little bit of a neanderthal sometimes in terms of how kids should … be disciplined,” D.W. Moffett pointed out. “I would not want my character to become super-understanding and supportive and the best dad ever.”

What do you make of these spoilers from the cast, Switched at Birth fans? Do you think Bay should give Emmett a second chance? Do you support Daphne & Chef Jeff getting together? Drop me a comment with your thoughts on the final episodes of season one!

— Andy Swift, reporting by Russ Weakland

More Switched at Birth:

1. ‘Switched At Birth’: Bay’s New Guy, Daphne’s New Crush & More Scoop

emily

Posted at 3:27 PM on July 5, 2014

I think Emmet and Bay should get back together they were perfect together but then again he cheated on her with Tobey’s girlfriend.

samaneh

Posted at 5:13 AM on February 23, 2014

I watch this show only to see bay and emmet reunited..if they don’t then i won’t watch the series anymore..i had to download every episodes..we can’t watch from tv in our country.

isabelle

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 31, 2014

your right they must get back together

Kayla

Posted at 9:44 PM on September 18, 2013

I love Emmet and Bay. They had the kind of relationship that I want someday. They are so perfect for each other. It’s so obvious! He did cheat but you can tell he’d never do it again. He loved her way to much.

IShipThingsSoWhat?

Posted at 9:50 PM on September 16, 2013

Peeps, stop hating on Bemmett! (Including you Vanessa! Honey, just accept it!) So, we all know how Emmett is hopelessly devoted to Bay and he wont give up. Ty is a-gone. He lied to break up with her. Which I think is worse than Emmett’s cheating. He made a mistake. So what? We all make mistakes. Umm hello? We’re human. We’re born to make mistakes. He oooobviously regrets it, has apologized many, many times and yea. And Daphne? Are. You. Kidding. Me? They tried and we all know what happened then. (First Emmett got rejected, so he moved on. Then, Daphne tries but gets rejected. This is going nowhere.) Now, Bay’s open to forgive and when i saw the commercial after the finale, I tried not to break anything in my room while I freaked. So long story short, Bay + Emmett = Perfection. Who’s with me people!?!

Zayed Farooq

Posted at 9:19 AM on December 9, 2013

i love you for this comment

love bay

Posted at 11:41 PM on January 9, 2014

I am. he is my #2 favorite person and I think that bay and Emmett are meant to be.my last name is bay

Lilly

Posted at 4:06 PM on May 14, 2014

I am with you. Bay and Emmett have tons of chemistry. I hope they get back together and stay together.

brittany

Posted at 3:14 PM on September 9, 2013

i think bay an emmet should get back together. he feels awful which he should but everyone deserves a second chance. they are very cute together. bay should just realize that he would do anything for him and that she really likes him too.

Emma

Posted at 5:34 AM on July 10, 2013

Yes, Emmett and bay BELONG TOGETHER! That’s the only reason I even watch the show! It was so boring when they broke up and I keep thinking about stoping watching it. But what if they do? So make them get back together, or you have just lost me and ALL of my friends as watchers of the show, and as fans for the show.

Auburn

Posted at 1:50 PM on July 17, 2013

that is literally me. EMMETT AND BAY MUST GET BACK TOGETHER SO THEY CAN FINISH THE TIMELINE.

Emily

Posted at 5:30 AM on July 10, 2013

LET BAY GIVE EMMETT ANOTHER CHANCE!!! Honestly, I think if he cheated on her once, and thinks its the worst thing he has EVER done, the she should give him another chance! I know I would. But no 3rd chances…. Bay and Emmett’s relationship is really the only thing I care about in this show, and they HAVE TO GET BACK TOGETHER!

nádia

Posted at 2:51 PM on July 1, 2013

For me, emmett didn’t love bay, if he cheat on her, and bay don’t love emmett, she only thinks about herself, i don’t think is true love, for me true love came form true friendship like emmett and daphne.

Jess

Posted at 10:04 PM on June 14, 2013

I do not want bay and Emmett back together. I hate them together. I would rather daphne and Emmett they would make such a cute couple. And if the only reason you watch switched at birth is because of bay and Emmett then that’s a stupid reason!! I would like to see bay and maybe Ty together again cause I think he really liked her!!

nádia

Posted at 2:48 PM on July 1, 2013

I agree, i don’t like bay and emmett together too, is was better if he was with daphne, or even that other girl that he met, robin, she cute too, and she have so mush in common with him, they match so well, emmett and bay just simple don’t match for me.

christy

Posted at 12:07 AM on June 11, 2013

I want to see if bay and ty get back together. I think it would be awesome.it would give them a chance to finish where they left off.

Katie

Posted at 5:47 PM on August 12, 2013

I do not want them to grt back together at all, I kinda wish they would write him out.

lucy

Posted at 9:45 PM on May 15, 2013

Emmett should just moved on already. Bay is good without him.

Abah faith

Posted at 9:26 AM on April 21, 2013

I strongly opose daphne and chef jeff,he s way 2 old for her

lupita

Posted at 5:02 PM on March 30, 2013

BAY AND EMMETT NEEDS TO GET BACK TOGETHER! if they dont get back together, im DONE watching it..thats the only thing that kept me watching it was bay and emmetts beautiful love…and i want them to be back together!!

Kathryn Bledsoe

Posted at 10:33 PM on April 30, 2013

OMG SAME! If they dont…i dont (wont) want to watch it. When they broke up it was so boring! I almost stopped but didnt because i was like “But what if they do?”

Emily

Posted at 5:31 AM on July 10, 2013

That is the same for me!!!!

isabelle

Posted at 9:56 PM on March 31, 2014

same i love them togethe5

Catherine

Posted at 1:39 AM on March 2, 2013

feel bay and Emmett should get bk 2geda cos evry2 deceives a 2nd chance and his really sorry about what he did besides they love themselves 2much not 2get bk 2geda.Daphne should not get back with
the chef instead it should be Travis dat her 1st guy in season 1.

beauty

Posted at 8:02 PM on March 7, 2013

i think so to this is almost the only reason y i watch this show besides its just so addictive

Linda

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 5, 2013

Bay and Emmett Forever !!!!